Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141828 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I got Haunter in a cave!

Oh, btw, guys--when you beat the game, Shauna will trade you for whichever starter she had because her starter is a dirty slut in daycare.

Sephex--for some reason, my absolute favourite song is the song when you go in the connector buildings. It's so laid back or whatever.

and omg i am rolling in poke-yen
    Yeah, I enjoy that one as well. Like I said, a lot of the music is so awesome in this one. I felt they have been stepping it up for awhile now, but like most aspects of these versions, they really raised the bar.

So, as an update to my previous mention of breeding, I now have a dozen of each starter, Gen 1 and Gen 6. So if any one needs one let me know .

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post
    So, as an update to my previous mention of breeding, I now have a dozen of each starter, Gen 1 and Gen 6. So if any one needs one let me know .
    amg need!

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    amg need!
    Find me in chat or on Facebook. Oh wait, you refused to accept my friend request because I dissed LoL >=(. (SPOILER) This is in no way me saying I won't trade them to you, but if you had accepted my friend request, you'd be one of the first they were offered too =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I got Haunter in a cave!

Oh, btw, guys--when you beat the game, Shauna will trade you for whichever starter she had because her starter is a dirty slut in daycare.

Sephex--for some reason, my absolute favourite song is the song when you go in the connector buildings. It's so laid back or whatever.

and omg i am rolling in poke-yen
    Yeah, I enjoy that one as well. Like I said, a lot of the music is so awesome in this one. I felt they have been stepping it up for awhile now, but like most aspects of these versions, they really raised the bar.
    And yet despite their progress, they're still held back by the same problems that have been occurring for generations.

Take the trade-evolution items. You get precisely one of each, and they're consumed by the evolution. Why? What benefit does that have to gameplay? Why restrict/consume items in such a way? Do people only want to evolve a single version of that Pokémon?

Event Pokémon and genders. Despite how common Dittos are (just check the GTS if you haven't reached them yet), GameFreak insists on making so many Pokémon who are (for all practical purposes) all-male. Or the event Torchic, who is always male, just so that its Hidden Ability won't be passed down. Again, why? What good does restricting the breeding on these things do? Most players don't breed until postgame anyway (when, again, Ditto), but even for those who do, why restrict the Hidden Abilities that way?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Its called a challenge to catch them all. Not everyone can be the very best.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Mom has a 3DS so I cracked and bought Pokemon Y. I now walk among you nerds.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    amg need!
    Find me in chat or on Facebook. Oh wait, you refused to accept my friend request because I dissed LoL >=(. (SPOILER) This is in no way me saying I won't trade them to you, but if you had accepted my friend request, you'd be one of the first they were offered too =P.
    I don't even know who you are on Facebook I decline friend requests of names I don't recognise so it was probably that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    There's challenge, and then there's poor game design.

While I'm at it, I'm going to go on a rant against IVs. IVs are one of the worst RPG mechanics of all time. Yes, it makes each Pokémon different and distinct. It's also just simply bad from a mechanics standpoint. 31 points, in every stat, determined entirely by the RNG. That's over 10% of a stat for pretty much every stat of almost every Pokémon in the game. Yes, you can manipulate them somewhat with breeding. Provided that you have high-IV parents to breed in the beginning. Otherwise, too bad. Because, basically, if the game doesn't want you to get good IVs, you're screwed and there is nothing you can do about it.

The event Pokémon. I still don't get this. People whine about companies making "on-disc DLC" all the damn time, and yet no one complains about the event Pokémon, which are exactly the same thing. They make content which is completely unobtainable outside of their events, which are themselves location and time specific.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    There's challenge, and then there's poor game design.

While I'm at it, I'm going to go on a rant against IVs. IVs are one of the worst RPG mechanics of all time. Yes, it makes each Pokémon different and distinct. It's also just simply bad from a mechanics standpoint. 31 points, in every stat, determined entirely by the RNG. That's over 10% of a stat for pretty much every stat of almost every Pokémon in the game. Yes, you can manipulate them somewhat with breeding. Provided that you have high-IV parents to breed in the beginning. Otherwise, too bad. Because, basically, if the game doesn't want you to get good IVs, you're screwed and there is nothing you can do about it.

The event Pokémon. I still don't get this. People whine about companies making "on-disc DLC" all the damn time, and yet no one complains about the event Pokémon, which are exactly the same thing. They make content which is completely unobtainable outside of their events, which are themselves location and time specific.
    Yes, IVs are a flawed mechanic that seem arbitrary at best. Hidden numbers, I hate you. You can manipulate the IVs in your benefit through breeding though. Also, they don't complain about the Event Pokemon because nobody pays for it. That's it. End of story. No reason at all to complain.

Also... I caught me a Goomy. I'm... so in love. Plus it's description as the weakest Dragon is kinda funny.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been chilling with my Goomy, who is now Sliggoo (but still called Goomy). I told Denmark that a wonderful name for a male Goomy would be Mr. Magoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

So, because I am insane and apparently have nothing better to do with my time, I'm also going to breed a dozen of each fossil pokemon. And since it seems eggs are tradeable, you'll get an egg, unless I get exceedingly bored and hatch them, but they take 4+ times as long to hatch as the starters, even with a Torkoal in the lead.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I figured a good name for a female Goomy would be Goomhilda. But this is totally awesome and relevant:

jcMCNYz.jpg

Tas is the local breeder it seems. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I figured a good name for a female Goomy would be Goomhilda. But this is totally awesome and relevant:

jcMCNYz.jpg

Tas is the local breeder it seems. ;p
    I... I approve. Not a naming convention I would have thought of, probably (certainly not for Goomy). But as a huge fan of the Arthurian legends (my favorite is the tale of Sir Gawain and Lady Ragnelle), I cannot help but approve of the sheer magnificence and care in that team.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Goowain is pure genius.