Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who were your main three?

Default Who were your main three?

Everyone has preferences on who they like to use..
    Cloud because well he is Cloud
    Cid.. because he is that cool guy
    Barret because he pity's the fool
    Tifa cuz boobs
    so on and so on

My main 3 were Cloud, Cid, and Vincent.. I was young when i played it so of course only men could save the world lol.. haven't had the time to go through it again and figure out who I would use now

So who did you use and why?

Blog Entries

I mix it up, but I usually Wind up mostly using: Cloud, Cait Sith and Tifa. I enjoy using most of them, and I find it boring to keep using the same over and over Again.

I use all of them since any of them has a Job class that can turn useful from time to time... Also, any of them has a Job class that is planned to be pretty much as useful as the others so that no character is particularly stronger than the other being thus preferred...

I base my choice about the party both on the strategy and the relevance a character has in that segment of the story...
    Last edited by SteahMeLee; 05-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    If you want to be a Final Fantasy hero...............

Choose your class!

I usually use Cloud, Tifa, Aeris Till I get Cid then Cloud, Tifa Cid because Cids' dialog is awesome

Skype: sanae.sniper (cause making new friends is awesome :P )

Cloud because you have to, Cid because spears are my favorite weapon in the series, and Yuffie because she's spunky.

A character I don't like to bring in the party, like many other players, is Cait Sith... Or I should say that he was... I just had to characterize him better and give him an hardcore Job class (Black Mage) to make him worthy to be brought...

Choose your class!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Cloud, Tifa, and Cid were my main three. Before you get Cid, I would use Red XIII or Yuffie. When I was young I really wanted to use Vincent because I thought he was a cool character, but his limit breaks were useless, and limit breaks are the biggest means of differentiating between players. Otherwise, the materia system makes them pretty much interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Cloud, Tifa, and Cid were my main three. Before you get Cid, I would use Red XIII or Yuffie. When I was young I really wanted to use Vincent because I thought he was a cool character, but his limit breaks were useless, and limit breaks are the biggest means of differentiating between players. Otherwise, the materia system makes them pretty much interchangeable.
    It could be true in a way but you are not forced to waste the potentialities of the Materia system in differentiating characters making them all the same...

Do as I do... Decide that some Materia can be equipped only by some characters... I don't mean to create the traditional FF Job Classes at any cost like I always do but at least use Materia to make characters different and not to make them all the same...

You could just decide that characters with worse Limits are allowed better Materia while people with very good Limits are more restricted in equipping Materia...

The game is open to endless possibilities... It's up to your choice...

I personally keep re-creating the traditional classes... XD

Choose your class!

Towards the end of me playing ff7, limit breaks were just because they came up every so often... after spending countless days on mideel running in circles and just holding x to attack because it was a great way to farm ap XD

Cloud, Tifa and either Barret, Vincent, Yuffie, or Nanaki.

smurf the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzussaves View Post
    Towards the end of me playing ff7, limit breaks were just because they came up every so often... after spending countless days on mideel running in circles and just holding x to attack because it was a great way to farm ap XD
    I prefer to count on strategy and Job class teamwork than grinding or Limit spamming to succeed in battle...

Choose your class!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteahMeLee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gzussaves View Post
    I prefer to count on strategy and Job class teamwork than grinding or Limit spamming to succeed in battle...
    You must love FFX-2.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Cloud, Aerith, Barrett.

After disc 1

Cloud, Red XIII and Barrett

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloud because he's the main character. Cid because he's Cid. RedXIII because he's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    You must love FFX-2.
    Yeah in a way...
    Although only three characters are not enough... Even wanting to have a solo-girl game they should have add also Lulu to the team so to have the traditional 4 Heroes of Light represented with Knight (Paine), Black Mage (Lulu), White Mage (Yuna) and Thief (Rikku)...

Choose your class!