Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of KH2

Default What do you think of KH2

In my opinion it was the best, i didn't really enjoy KH1 as i did with KH2.
    But then i also listened to some, "don't give up music" when i played it.
    That's just me :P
    Zedd - Spectrum (Official Video) ft. Matthew Koma - YouTube

What i like about the game is the transformations, "Drive forms". It felt like a fast ninja slash fest for me, it really made the game so much fun on PS2.

What do you think about the game

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

KH1 was a lot better in my opinion, but it was still a solid enjoyable game! :3 I haven't played it in a long time, so my memories on it are fuzzy.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

KH2 is my favorite in the series, despite BBS having the best combat. KH2 had a very clear story, great worlds, upgraded combat, and plenty of Axel. What's not to like?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    KH1 was a lot better in my opinion, but it was still a solid enjoyable game! :3 I haven't played it in a long time, so my memories on it are fuzzy.
    I see
    Well me too, i have little memories because it has been ages since, but i do remember it was pretty cool.
    Just wish i hadn't sold my PS2.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    I see
    Well me too, i have little memories because it has been ages since, but i do remember it was pretty cool.
    If you have a PS3, most of the series will be playable on it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    KH2 is my favorite in the series, despite BBS having the best combat. KH2 had a very clear story, great worlds, upgraded combat, and plenty of Axel. What's not to like?

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    I see
    If you have a PS3, most of the series will be playable on it soon.
    Sad thing is, my PS3 got YLOD for not too long ago.
    But thanks for the recommendation, i still like the charm just a little... better on PS2, mostly the feeling is just so different. But it was a good recommendation, thanks for the tip

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't played the second one or any other KH game apart from 1, but the bits and pieces I've seen it looks good. Kinda disappointed David Boreanaz didn't reprise his role as Squall that was one of the first things that stuck out to me while playing the first one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I haven't played the second one or any other KH game apart from 1, but the bits and pieces I've seen it looks good. Kinda disappointed David Boreanaz didn't reprise his role as Squall that was one of the first things that stuck out to me while playing the first one.
    After KH1, Squall basically gets 3 lines in KH2 and nothing else.

Little off topic, but Dissidia was orignally a KH game.

I have only tried little bit of FF8 so i know barely anything about it, but i see when voice actor change that its different experience, and you get like... meh about it. I mean i played KH2 when i barely knew any FF characters at all, i just played it because it had Disney characters in them
    But i can see that changing voice actors can be different from the first, that's very true.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, that explains it then. That's a crap deal right there, I loved how they portrayed Squall in Kingdom Hearts.

Little off topic, but Dissidia was orignally a KH game.
    Ah, then its not that bad

I remember this for a long time ago
    It reminds me of it though, never played it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAjuaWJpKPs

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like KH2 better due to the expansion of the combat and I liked Organization XIII as a villain group, but the story was a mess compared to KH1. BBS and 358/2 Days did a good job of explaining it better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I liked it about equal, yet I never beat the second one but that was probably due to something going on around the time I was playing it. KH2 had the Lion King world and Setzer!! I think, lol...right? I did spend much more time on the first one and played it twice. I remember them being about the same except for KH2 having new worlds. Neither of them sucked me into the story so I'm not really as big on the series as some here, but I suppose I'll give my nod to the second one for Lion King and Setzer's brief part.

mechanically, KH2 was vastly, VASTLY superior. Kingdom Hearts was clunky and awkward to control, I seriously appreciated the game starting on Tutorial Island and giving me time to get up to speed and adjust to the stiff movements and timing of Sora's swings and steps. KH2 made the game feel a lot more smooth without becoming overly floaty, you were able to run and jump a lot more easily and combat was more fun with more movement and moves in general. The quick-time event attacks were the only quick times in gaming that I ever liked ever, and the magical color clothes system made me actually like going around and grinding up form levels.

That being said I say Kingdom Hearts L'Original was the superior game story and pacing wise. I grew to hate rocks-ass when I found out how long the tutorial ran for, and I didn't like how the game dwelt far more heavily on the final fantasy characters over the Disney characters and Original Character Do Not Steals. I'm hoping KH3 doesn't come down with a case of the Donut Steels but I'm not holding my breath over that... Either way this thread makes me want to replay the two main games on my old, old PS2.