Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: Pete's top 25 videogame random award show!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's okay. I still love you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As much as FFXII holds a special place in my memories, FFX was the last game to give me that Final Fantasy feel. Crazy it's been over 12 years...

It wasn't a launch title, but this was the game that really set off the PS2 generation. That opening, fighting the Sin spawn on the highway was just... wow.

You mentioned Yunalesca, I thought it was interesting how, and I didn't realize it until I played it years later, her boss fight was a throwback to Cloud of Darkness from FFIII. What can be said, this game had class, people!

Articles
    Blog Entries

*clicks on thread*

*sees Final Fantasy X*

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

This pleases me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I echo Vivi22's thoughts. xD

I actually like FFX on a gameplay level, though. Shame about those leading characters. Tidus, Yuna and Seymour are arguably the three most annoying characters I've had this displeasure of having plastered on my screen for that many hours. I liked the other playable characters, though. Jecht was alright.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I echo Vivi22's thoughts. xD

I actually like FFX on a gameplay level, though. Shame about those leading characters. Tidus, Yuna and Seymour are arguably the three most annoying characters I've had this displeasure of having plastered on my screen for that many hours.
    I'll give you Tidus and Seymour, but if you keep hating on my Yunie I'm making you watch movies directed by Uwe Boll.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yuna was the lesser of the three evils, but still really annoying with how timid she was. It was frustrating, like dealing with a shy five year old at times. I understand she's got a lot more confidence in FFX-2.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dark Souls Dark Souls Dark Souls DARK SOULS DARK SOULS DARK SOULS DARK SOULS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    As much as FFXII holds a special place in my memories, FFX was the last game to give me that Final Fantasy feel. Crazy it's been over 12 years...
    12 years Time flies indeed. Whenever I play it it still feels fresh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Yuna was the lesser of the three evils, but still really annoying with how timid she was. It was frustrating, like dealing with a shy five year old at times. I understand she's got a lot more confidence in FFX-2.
    Seymour and Tidus are both alright imo. Agreed that Yuna's shy or insecure moments can be bothersome sometimes but I don't think she's on the screen too much. Well balanced, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post
    I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTT!

25: Okami
    24: Hotline Miami
    23: Pokémon Blue
    22: Demon’s Souls
    21: Portal & Portal 2
    20: SSX Tricky
    19: Modnation Racers
    18: Super Mario World
    17: Hitman: Absolution
    16: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
    15: Journey
    14: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    13: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
    12: Hitman: Blood Money
    11: Tom Clancy’s HAWX
    10: Vagrant Story
    9: SSX3
    8: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    7: Shadow of the Colossus
    6: Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins
    5: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    4: Ace Combat Zero: the Belkan War
    3: Metal Gear Solid 1
    2: Final Fantasy X
    1:

I’LL TRY TO KEEP THIS SHORT OK?

#1:

DS1.jpg

Dark Souls

This bone crushing RPG smashed you up and took the following awards:
    Biggest hammer
    Cutest imaginary pet
    Most jolly co-operation
    Best boss fights
    Best dragonslayer sim
    Most exciting PvP
    Best game by a mile

Dark Souls is like a vanitas: a work of art dedicated to the thought that everything will one day decay. That, in a sense, is the only enemy in this game.

Dark Souls has a life on it’s own. You don’t get quests. You don’t get told what to do. NPC’s do their own thing whether you like it or not. Do whatever you want, go where you want to go. Give up for all I care. Everything is trout anyway. But don't worry. Level design is so incredibly intuitive you will find your way. You will see familiar faces in random places and find things in other places and then suddenly everything starts to make sense.

And everything does make sense. A lot of it. Every item, every prop, every character, every event, every single thing in this game has been placed with care and reason. Not a single word is wasted and all of these things are tiny pieces to an enormous puzzle called the story and it blew my mind on many occasions.

Multiplayer is one big social experiment that does very weird and awesome things. PvP brings us endless options to fight fellow undead to the death in as many ways your creative mind can handle.

I glee when I win a fight against all odds. I stand in awe when I look through Sen’s window and see an axe wielding giant waiting for me. As I walk down the stairs in Anor Londo I bravely march towards the Gargoyle that storms my way. I feel disappointment when I get smashed by Smough’s Hammer for the 3rd time in a row. I feel relief and comfort when receiving the Lordvessel. I panic when I get invaded. I feel sad when I’m forced to fight a former friend in Izalith. I hold my breath during the last moments of fighting Artorias. I feel pride when a great wolf fights by my side. I run for my life on many occasions.

So many unforgettable moments. I can’t wait for II.

And so ends this top 25 videogame award show! Thank you all for joining me, this was fun

Praise the sun!