Thread: What are you looking forward to from Lighting Returns?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default What are you looking forward to from Lighting Returns?

inb4 the end of the FF13 saga finally

I have not yet finished 13-2, so I can't comment too much on the end of the story, but from my general experience with people who have finished it - I assume that there actually being a concrete "ending" is something to hope for.

I do think that the combat looks interesting, and I look forward to having a shot at that. Eventually. Also all dat customisation.

So what are you looking forward to? Anything you're hoping that this entry will bring to the Final Fantasy series as a whole?

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

To be honest with you, probably just the combat system. I've enjoyed playing the previous two entries, but there wasn't really much there in the way of story-line or gameplay. Just something pretty to look at. (And here I am pre-ordering LR CE everything )

Back to the point at hand, though. I actually am very interested to see how this story turns out. I haven't read into what this new world is supposed to be like or anything, so the story can almost go anywhere for me as long as it ends the XIII saga in at least a satisfying way.

Also, I am not looking forward to playing dress-up. I am looking forward to seeing how this combat system will work.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The more open world for sure. I felt the linearity of the first in this series of entries left a sour taste in most people's mouths. So with I being so open, well I'm excited.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm interested in checking out the new designs for this game. Snow looks awesome based on the demo (as opposed to his terrible hair from XIII-2), and that location at the beginning looks pretty cool. There are new enemies too, which I'm interested in seeing what they all look like. Everything in the demo just looks really nice and I'm excited to see more.

I'm also wanting to get into the battle system more. It seems like it will be a lot of fun; though, I'm not completely sold on it yet. Part of my problem here is probably just that I like having a party.

I'm also just interested in seeing how all of the characters fit into this story. Lightning is easily the least interesting character of the XIII saga to me so hopefully she'll be more interesting in this game to me.