Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3DS discussion - What have you been playing!? [April]

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We're discussing 3DS games specifically here. :3 Take your discussion of non-3DS games elsewhere!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    We're discussing 3DS games specifically here. :3 Take your discussion of non-3DS games elsewhere!
    Should jump in on that and say that the main discussion here revolves around NDS/3DS titles. It's easy to record your playtime via the activity log on 2DS/3DS systems which is why it's easy to discuss a month's worth of gameplay. My list for February will be much smaller, because I've been playing on emulators on my DS Lite.

Articles

Default 3DS discussion - What have you been playing!? [February]

Now we are in March it's time to have a look back at what our 3DS systems have been doing for February.

My List for Feb 2014:

Steps - 50,016

1 - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
    13:51 Hours
    2 - Pokemon Heart Gold
    13.41 Hours
    3 - Pokemon Black
    9.56 Hours
    4 - Pokemon Soul Silver
    8.10 Hours
    5 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirt Tracks
    7:42 Hours

So I managed to finish the pokedex, and thus the Pokemon Binge is over. This means I could re-visit Spirit Tracks again.

I have a great love for the series and interaction between Link and Zelda is the best in the series (He holds her had at the end, that's freaking huge for them). The gameplay however is really difficult. Using the stylus for both movement and attacks does not work well, and the travelling system using the train takes forever. This'll be one of the few games in the series that I decided not to do the side quests, but instead went straight for the story relates objectives.

Finishing that I've started on the last installment of the Layton series. The games all pretty much follow the same format as all the previous games, Twist this time is that you can travel to a large selection of areas rather than sticking to one city, Opens the game out and adds quite some variety.

So how does your activily log shape up. What have you been playing in February 2014?
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 04-05-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it would be best if we keep these to one thread rather than have one for each month. That way we can go back and look at our activity over the whole year!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I really need to play the Professor Layton games. I want to, I've just never gotten around to getting them. Anywho:

My List for Feb 2014

Steps - 7,249

1 - Bravely Default - 35:54
    2 - Final Fantasy III - 11:20
    3 - Pokémon X - 3:17

Bravely Default was released and been playing that a lot. The playtime would be way higher if I didn't get distracted with Borderlands xD. I love it though, the characters and music are the best. And the job system is great and I like the summon friend thing.

And I finished up Final Fantasy III that I started at the end of last month. Cloud of Darkness is a pain, especially at the end when she just started spamming Particle Beam. And with X, I just grabbed all my stuff from White 2. I really need to go back and fill in all the blanks in my Pokédex.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think it would be best if we keep these to one thread rather than have one for each month. That way we can go back and look at our activity over the whole year!
    That'll be fine. When I'm updating the thread each month I'll just ask Shauna to update the thread title.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

February 2014
    Steps - 1,984
    1. Fire Emblem Awakening - 27:09

I finally beat it and have one Paralogue left to go (the last one where you fight like 50 enemies). After that I'll switch to Zelda.

Articles

I don't recall much of fire emblem since I finished it last year, but I never had an issue with a large number of enemies. I was playing on normal mode, but the main issue I encountered was with the final battle. When I didn't one shot the final boss like I had done throughout the game to every enemy ever and had to actually plan my moves, that was pretty tough. I had considered getting the DLC, but by that point I'd moved onto other things.

I have finished the main story of Layton and the Azran Legacy. The story in this Trilogy does not seem to be as insane as the first trilogy. I was kind of dissapointed when it turned out that the Azran legacy itself wasn't something stupid like a bunch of grapes or some nonsense. I am now running round collecting all the missing puzzles and collection items. Should shelf this game pretty soon. Thinking Tales of the Abyss is next on my list.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The last paralogue battle had about 50 enemies and most with capped stats so it was a lot harder than everything before it. Too hard for me, so I said smurf it and moved on to Zelda.

Articles

Only took me 16 hours to 100% A link between worlds. That game is super good.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I think my entire game catalogue for February for 3DS (not including a certain someone's Pokemon habits) was Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Pretty cool game.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Only took me 16 hours to 100% A link between worlds. That game is super good.
    With all the StreetPass challenges? I'm still working on my last three. D:

Articles

When I played the game it was within the first few days. No one really had the game at that point so I think I've found one person on Streetpass during my actual playtime. I've now maxed out the number of people available for streetpass, but I never went back for them.

Articles

That time of the month again.

My List for March 2014:

Steps - 3,389

1 - Pokemon Y
    26:55 Hours
    2 - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
    6:01 Hours
    3 - Tales of the Abyss
    3.05 Hours

I finished up Professor Layton from last month, and started on Tales of the Abyss. I'm enjoying it so far, but the most recent tales games I've played (Symphonia on) i've played as multiplayer games. It's weird playing one single player.

Despite finishing Pokemon, I find myself playing it in between studying, just because I can play it for half an hour without much stress. I'm trying to get a shiny squad which is easier with the Shiny Charm and Friend Safari. I'm trying to get a Shiny Ralts/Kirala just now, but it's super hard without having the friend safari for it. The Masuda Method is taking ages.

What have you been playing in March?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon X is the only thing ive been playing.
    got some cool new pokemon now :3
    and im trying to breed a shiny eevee (x Ditto)
    but now i realise im problably doing it wrong :l... need 2 from 2 different regions, right?