Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToriJ's Top 11 Television Shows

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ToriJ's Top 11 Television Shows

In the spirit of making lists and putting your name at the front of it, I thought I would do something a little different and make one involving TV programs. Why top eleven? Because I like to go one step beyond. *writes royalty check to Doug Walker*

Most of these are going to be one hour shows. I was able to get plenty of praise and appalls on my last list so here's hoping this turns out to be just as successful at that thread. So, without further ado...

List
    (SPOILER)1. Doctor Who
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    4. Xena: Warrior Princess
    5. Charmed
    6. Star Trek
    7. Star Trek The Next Generation
    8. Law & Order: SVU
    9. Community
    10. Emily of New Moon
    11. Glee

Glee_hand_logo.jpg
    Yes, I like Glee, and I know I'm not the only one. I've seen your guys Glee sets! Like a lot of shows I enjoy, I didn't watch it when it first came on. The first episode I tuned in to watch was the Britney Spears episode because I was a fan of hers. Yes, I like Britney Spears too. And I'm not sorry.

My mom would become a fan later on and got the first season on DVD and that is when I became a fan. At first it was mainly Sue and Kurt that kept me coming back for more as I found both characters hilarious. After a time I ended up falling in love with the whole cast, even Rachel, as surprising as that was to me. I am also the proud owner of Glee Season 1 - 4 on DVD, the latter being one I still need to sit through. My favorite seasons are 2, 1, 3 in that order. And I am soooo happy to see Dianna Agron is starting to branch out into movies.

Discuss, speculate, plot my untimely demise.
    Last edited by Ayen; 02-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And this is already the worst list of all time. You're fired.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    And this is already the worst list of all time. You're fired.
    I had a job?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Glee hasn't been good since season 1. And even then good is probably a bit much.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i dont even have 11 shows..
    seriously.. all there is on tv are crime scene shows (i can seriously mention 10 right now, that are recently made ) and stupid talent shows!

i never liked Glee, its just not my thing

Articles
    Blog Entries

Am I to understand no one likes Glee?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    i dont even have 11 shows..
    seriously.. all there is on tv are crime scene shows (i can seriously mention 10 right now, that are recently made ) and stupid talent shows!
    I heard people like crime drama show, so I got them this crime drama so they can watch crime drama while they crime drama.

This isn't a current shows list, though. Out of all eleven there are only... *checks list* five shows that are still on the air.

Blog Entries

God ToriJ.

You didn't know these people are Glee-haters!? What's wrong with you!?

I love Glee. Seasons 1-3. I really hate the newb high school cast. That Kat/Katie person cheerio thing is a cheap copy of Quinn/Santana and she annoys me to no end, Marley is just whatever, and yeah.

I loved Brittany S. Pierce .. So very much.
    Last edited by noxious.sunshine; 02-05-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I still watch Glee, for some reason, despite it being rubbish. It's an addiction.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They probably should have ended it after season three, honestly. That finale already had everything that would have wrapped up the series nicely. The older kids graduating, finally winning nationals after two years of coming up short, the comfort in knowing the Choir was in good hands. It felt like a series finale to me. A show with a high school setting like this can really only make it 3/4 years and the four year thing only works if your cast all start off as freshmen.

I like it because it was one of the few musicals I saw on TV that actually worked. Having it set in a choir room helped and I love music so hearing so many great songs be covered and introduced to a new generation that are watching the show was nice to see, and quite frankly if I have to listen to Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black songs I'd rather they be performed by the cast of Glee.

Moving on, something that at least the Canadians on board might have heard of, or one of the many, many devoted book lovers, I have no idea.
    emily_of_new_moon_ca-show.jpg
    Based off the book by L. M. Montgomery, Emily of New Moon stars an orphan named Emily Starr who moves in with relatives after losing both her parents. Time set in early 1900's at least, I want to say late 1800's, though. Emily is a writer forbidden to write another line by her Aunt, but does that stop her? No. Girl would have rolled her body in the sand to write if you took away all her limbs and mouth. Being a writer myself I related to Emily's struggle in that field a lot and I thought it depicted the era in which it all takes place in rather well especially when they covered women place in the world and black people. I would have never known this show even existed if it wasn't for the This Network airing it early in the morning and my ever changing bed schedule. The fourth season is meh, but the first three are excellent. Though it can get a little weird at times...

Blog Entries

i sort of like those kind of series, weird enoug.
    im watching Little house on the prary, wich we have always watched.
    but right after that comes Dr. Quinn medicine woman.. got sucked into that show

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm familiar with Little House on the Prary, but never heard of the other one. I always like their outfits in these shows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I'm familiar with Little House on the Prary, but never heard of the other one. I always like their outfits in these shows.
    ive never heard of it before either, but they just suddenly started to air it right after Little House. since there was nothing else interesting on tv at that hour, i just watched it... now im so sucked into it that ill get mad if i have to miss it.
    its finnaly something ´new´ on tv

i also refer to it as The Other Little house. its pretty much in the same set up and time

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Number 1 better be Walker Texas Ranger.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Number 1 better be Walker Texas Ranger.
    im hoping for a perhaps Game of thrones or Walking dead :P

if its an crime scene serie then... i dunno

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow, what a wonderful audience.
    Community_title.jpg
    This has recently been airing at 9PM with two episodes back to back on 38 The Spot so I'm basically watching it everyday now. And the reason I'm including it on a list of mostly one hour shows is because I really do believe the writing is on par with any 60 minute program you'll find on TV. I have watched several of the same episodes already and they don't became any less funny on reviewing and it's a highlight of my evening when they come on. Now if I could only remember to tune in for the new episodes on NBC...