Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    • the characters were interesting and were not simply reboots of similar archetypes as are often found in not just FF games but RPGs in general (oh man I have too many feels regarding Balthier and Fran)

BalthierxFran is my ultimate OTP

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    • the characters were interesting and were not simply reboots of similar archetypes as are often found in not just FF games but RPGs in general (oh man I have too many feels regarding Balthier and Fran)

They're both smokin' hot, aren't explicitly together, are both brilliantly independent in their own right and are such a fantastically atypical couple. I honestly cannot get enough of them.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

But isn't Fran like a rabbit/ bunny rabbit chick ???

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

But isn't Fran like a rabbit/ bunny rabbit chick ???
    She's a viera. But yes, bunny ears are the height of fashion.

Dayum, it's Fran.

Attachment 52625

That's racist, maybs.
    I like Fran, she was only of the very few characters that I liked, her and Larsa.

But rabbit + man

errr, getting kinda bestially -ish

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She looks more woman than bunny.

Its okay to not like furrirs, there are a lot of people who don't

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I played it, I thought the pacing of the story was poor even though the plot and delivery were both excellent. I loved every other aspect that I can now remember.

Now, looking back, I've come to the conclusion that despite having an excellent plot that was well-told when told, the pacing was pretty awful, but every other part of the game I can currently remember was wonderful.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post
    When I played it, I thought the pacing of the story was poor even though the plot and delivery were both excellent. I loved every other aspect that I can now remember.

Now, looking back, I've come to the conclusion that despite having an excellent plot that was well-told when told, the pacing was pretty awful, but every other part of the game I can currently remember was wonderful.
    Issues with pacing are an incredibly valid complaint in my book. I think my experiences with MMOs where I used to run around and avoid the storyline for ages anyway made this aspect of FFXII either less obvious or less bothersome to me.

It gets a lot of flak, but I really don't think it was THAT bad. I love the battle system and the art design, but the plot and characters just didn't do it for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aren't all Viera female, or am I misremembering?

Because if they are, who helps make their babies? Do they reproduce asexually? Does having relations with other races lead to Viera babies?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I read a long time ago that there are males but they apparently live in their own society and the two sexes only meet to reproduce.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, interesting

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved it from the start but didn't really understand why until my second play through. I love how different it is. I loved the world, the music, the battle system - I really think FF needed more of that sort of things. And I really did enjoy the story and characters. Here's where Skyblade and I completely disagree - I think the writing is one of the more subtle, refined and mature within the whole series and the characters seem much more like actual human beings than in any game befor, especially X

And I'm glad more people have come to appreciate it lately. It's like Jess said - this is probably the most underrated title. At the very least, it's the most divisive. Too bad Japan still doesn't like it. That probably means we'll never see an HD remake.
    Post needs quoting. I always hate when people nudge you on to keep playing games you don't like with promises of "it gets better." But as disgusting as it sounds, XII really is a game you need to play twice to truly begin appreciating just what it did for RPGs. I replayed the thing 3 or 4 times in the first year or so of it being out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I loved it from the start but didn't really understand why until my second play through. I love how different it is. I loved the world, the music, the battle system - I really think FF needed more of that sort of things. And I really did enjoy the story and characters. Here's where Skyblade and I completely disagree - I think the writing is one of the more subtle, refined and mature within the whole series and the characters seem much more like actual human beings than in any game befor, especially X

And I'm glad more people have come to appreciate it lately. It's like Jess said - this is probably the most underrated title. At the very least, it's the most divisive. Too bad Japan still doesn't like it. That probably means we'll never see an HD remake.
    Post needs quoting. I always hate when people nudge you on to keep playing games you don't like with promises of "it gets better." But as disgusting as it sounds, XII really is a game you need to play twice to truly begin appreciating just what it did for RPGs. I replayed the thing 3 or 4 times in the first year or so of it being out.
    I played through till past the Great Crystal, and it hasn't gotten better yet. "Appreciate what it did for RPGs"? I'm sorry, I don't appreciate removing almost all of the most important aspects and replacing them with the mindless grind and repetition of the standard MMO.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.