Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Dreadful - Join the demimonde! (spoilers about)

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Watched the first four episodes yesterday. Haven't seen episode 5 yet. So far, I'm loving the show. Loving it.

Eh, wish I could buy itThe kiss at the end of ep. 4 had me a little confused. I mean, I can see it coming from Dorian. But it seemed contrived for Chandler. Perhaps if it had been initiated by Dorian instead of Ethan? I don't know. Perhaps we will get to know a bit more about Ethan's character to understand that moment better, but it certainly came out of nowhere in the show and to me came across as being there for one of two reasons (or both): 1. to shock; 2. fan service.

Concerning Mr. GrayDoes Reeve Carney not seem just a weeee bit boyish to play Dorian Gray? I mean, I get it, eternal unchanging beauty and all that, but he just seems like a kid. There's no age to his soul, to his pain. I dunno, I'm probably out there with this one.

(SPOILER)When are we going to get Werewolves I want Werewolves there's one in the bloody opening credits so when do we get to see one dammit and those wolves in ep. 3 (or 4?) didn't count though they were smurfING COOL AS HELL all the same.

I've never really been a fan of Timothy Dalton, but I love him in this show. Basically the same, but to a lesser extent, Josh Hartnett. Not a good actor, but good in this show, and in this part as Chandler.

(SPOILER)Best séance scene ever. Man, that was a bloody smurfing awesome and disturbing scene. Loved it. Eva Green is brilliant. I never realized, but damn that woman can smurfing ACT.

My favorite character||Proteus, poor Proteus. And the worst part of it is that I can't get myself to hate the Creature for it. I like him too. He's like Frankenstein's monster, the phantom of the opera, and the hunchback of notre dame all rolled into one character. I love it. >_< And I hate that I love it because he killed my beloved Proteus. >_< Bastard.|| died.

I wish...there weren't so many spiders. So many smurfing spiders...oh man, chills, I can feel them all over me. Argh!

Brilliant show, truly brilliant.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm watching this now and I'm cracking up because "Mrs. Charles Rantzien" obviously it's Rantzien, right? Like, Rantz. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

HAH JINX I TOLD YOU THERE WAS NO ROMANTIC INTEREST THERE!

HEY THEY KIND OF smurfED IN A WAY AND SHE TOTALLY WANTS THE LORD TIMOTHY D

Just finished this episode. Up until this episode I didn't care for Vanessa at all, and now I am just mesmerized and want more of her story. I love stories about demonic possession. I'm a little foggy on what exactly she did that caused her to be possessed. Her demon tells her that she's always had the door open, but I never really got 'evil' from her.

The scene with adult Vanessa and Mina on the beach was just gorgeous. I adored the imagery of Vanessa in head-to-toe black with a wrap around her head, and Mina dressed in a virginal cream with her blonde hair flowing freely. Just beautiful, truly.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All I have to say is 'hot damn I want more'.

Everything else meaningful has been said already.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

This is a wonderful show.

I love the soundtrack for it too. ;_;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sunday's episode was a bit slow, but was to be expected after last week's show with the huge info dump. The final scene though, man. It was kind of scary and smurfed up, but the effects were kind of poor, so it was laughable. xD I've loved damn near everything this show has done so far, but that was kind of a cheese moment for me.

I was sorry to see the Creature murder Van Helsing, but also sad for him when he found out his lady love has a man. He's SO COMPLEX. I feel bad for loving him, but also would feel bad if I hated him.

Also, Ethan werewolf confirmation siting: I'm assuming he was reluctant to take Brona's medallion because it's silver. Woooop.

As always, I can't wait for next week! I know this episode was laying some groundwork for the final two episodes and SO EXCITED.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

putting Van helsing in the show..
    aaaaaaaaand he's gone

and call the bloody excorsist!!

i cant understand Bronna :l
    becaus of her accent it becomes jibberish in my ears

omg, just 2 more episodes?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This episode had some pretty intense scenes.

I was on the edge of my seat when they were surrounded by vampires.

Poor Frankenstein can't catch a break.

Blog Entries

white hair, long nails, high pitch screams... i was convinced they were banshee's

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post

white hair, long nails, high pitch screams... i was convinced they were banshee's
    Good point.

The reason they went there was to look for Mina and the vampire. I thought they were all part of the same group. I wonder if it's been addressed yet?

Blog Entries

what the hell people..
    an episode like this happens and there is no respons at all?
    are you all that stunned by it or....?

this makes me very very very curious about Mr.Chandler.
    what is his story! i want to know!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There are a lot of things that can be said about this episode, but it's best summed up in one word: WOW.

This show is legitimately scary! When she attacked the priest and bit his cheek off I was screaming. HOLY. smurf.

And yeah, Shai. I am really, really curious what's going on with Ethan. I mean, most of us already thought he was a werewolf, but now...why does he know smurfing Latin and how to exorcise demons?!

I don't think that the demon has left Vanessa, though. I still think it's there, but whatever he did helped for the time being.

Also, smurf you Lord Timothy Dalton. smurf. YOU.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think that was Brona's necklace that Ethan held to her forehead. Very interesting.

I loved the scene where Ethan was showing Victor how to use a gun. A lighthearted, brotherly scene in an otherwise intense show.

It must have been very tiring to film this episode for Vanessa, she was always flinching or in pain or screaming to some capacity. This show is excellently done. It conveys emotion very well. Very believably.

A prediction for the future of the show, I could be way off:

I think Ethan is going to find out about Victor's idea to make Brona immortal. And he'll be okay with it. He knows she's dying and would like her to live as well. This could make for some very intense scenes between Ethan and the creature in season two.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think that was Brona's necklace that Ethan held to her forehead. Very interesting.
    It was. If you remember, whichever saint it was was the patron of lost causes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It was. If you remember, whichever saint it was was the patron of lost causes.
    i googled it, its Saint Jude