Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF World Meetup and Live Ciddies! - London 2016

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably be a year before we begin looking. But venue prices would probably be the first place.
    It'll be easier to get a quote on venues when I know the approximate total number of guests. However, most touristy stuff I can price without much variance same with travel (average it goes up £5 a month every year on the train/tubes).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We have around 40ish people wanting to attend right now. I hope we get get more than that as time moves closer with peoples' plans changing and possibly new members joining, but there's also room for people to cancel and not be able to attend as well.

Ideally, I would love about 60 (or more) people to show up for a live ciddies event. We can arrange tourist ideas for everyone for the rest of their stay and everyone can break off into groups the next day or however long they will be there.

Blog Entries

40 - 60 people would indicate a small - medium sized function room unless you wanted to full on Oscars table it with small groups etc. I'll look in to both sort of options. Any more than a hundred and we might have to consider a full on venue hire.

For convenience want to drop me in the EC group? I can then discuss this more privately with you guys without spamming the public thread up.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    clearly yall should have a different meme on every shirt
    I've already got mine covered:

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought of one for Shorty, so if I go to this meetup, she is going to punch me in the face.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, you are playing with fire, friend

FFXIV Character

Raine Zenyphael (Sargatanas)

Oh London, great! Surely manageable for me, dont even need a new passport
    I'm trying to get more people from FFXIV to join, I'd also volunteer to organise a bit and communicate important infos for those who don't look at the forum on a regular base. If you need me to help with anything, just give me a shout.

I think the idea of hiring something a bit further away from the city is great, the prices sure are better. It would be grand if we had like a small house to ourselves with different rooms/apartments and one dining room or something like that.
    ~ Have no fear, dungeon hero X is here! Kupo! ~

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You should probably bring a passport anyway, as it might be the only form of valid identification for you in the UK. You might not need it to cross the borders, but you will need it if either the police or airport security wants you to prove your identity.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Well I have an Identity Card which is totally okay in the EU-Zone ^^ And it's valid until..2022 or something like that, so I won't need a new one until 2016 xD Passports are a lot more expensive and take more time to get. But thanks for your concern ^^

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One thing I would recommend is to do this event when the UK kids are in school. If you do it during the summer holidays then you are looking at accommodation being at least twice as expensive.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

that's np we can all just sleep in daniel's living room

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Well I have an Identity Card which is totally okay in the EU-Zone ^^ And it's valid until..2022 or something like that, so I won't need a new one until 2016 xD Passports are a lot more expensive and take more time to get. But thanks for your concern ^^
    Well if you have those, that's fine. Those EU-zone ID cards are just really uncommon over here, I guess. Also, passports aren't really that expensive, are they? At least in Norway they're just like 30 bucks and are valid for 10 years.

I guess perhaps they are uncommon because norwegians most often just go to other nordic countries, where they generally accept regular credit/bank cards with your photo on as good enough identification, and for everything else, we just use our passports. I think it's really idiotic that my driver's license, which is valid for all of europe, isn't good enough for identification in the same european countries as the license is valid for.
    Last edited by Mirage; 04-22-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

y'all will be several hundred miles away from where you need to be if you're planning on sleeping at daniel's

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Well if you have those, that's fine. Those EU-zone ID cards are just really uncommon over here, I guess. Also, passports aren't really that expensive, are they? At least in Norway they're just like 30 bucks and are valid for 10 years.
    They are definitely more expensive here and if I get a new one, it has to be biometric I think. But as I plan to go to NZ/Canada and other strange places in those next few years, I'll need one anyway ^^ But for the EoFF meetup, I can concentrate on other things

I think it's possible to find a place to stay at without traveling hours to Daniel's home

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's like £70+ for a passport here. xD

Blog Entries

Eurozone ID's and drivers licenses are a good idea. Also fair warning to my fellow countrymen... bring ID. The reason being if you decide to go for a drink in a bar/club many operate on an "No ID, no entry" policy.