View Poll Results: Which Chamber of Secrets version should play?!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gameboy Colour

2 25.00%
  • Gameboy Advance

1 12.50%
  • PC

0 0%
  • Playstation

0 0%
  • Playstation 2

5 62.50%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Harry Potter Games - Help Choose The Next Instalment!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2stylin4u

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That image of Draco Malfoy can only be described as "dopey "

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That owl is a smurfing lemur! What the Hell!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Somehow Harry made it to King’s Cross Station in one piece. Of course, the first thing to do is to look around for random items. I found some chewing gum that was stuck to a lamppost.

Delicious, or ew? You make the choice.

Items such as these are used in battles to heal stamina points (SP) or magic points (MP). I have not had to use any items in battle so far so I cannot comment on their usefulness. Although, some may claim that it may have been a good idea earlier to maybe use a healing item or ten. Those people claim wrongly.

Again though, the wizarding world shows off many fascinating characters.

The moustaches are particularly amazing

None of these guys have anything exciting to talk about. Mostly just complaining about muggle clothes and how itchy they are.

Around the corner are the Weasleys! Everyone’s favourite ginger poor people. Fred (George?) gets right to the point when I approach them.

Am I… who? I am a him, yes. Please, do be more vague.

Mrs Weasley tells him off for drawing attention to the poor boy who is all alone without a family, and tells us to get our butts on the train before it leaves. Before I go, I make sure to grab a glance at everyone’s faces, to make sure I remember them forever.

Why does Ron have an open book on his head. Weird.

It is revealed that the way to tell the difference between Fred and George is that one of them has their mouth hanging open at all times.

Anyway, on to the train!

Choo-ch- Actually, wait, one of my classmates says it best

What a special kid.

Not only do we have some dumb as bricks kids on this train, some of them have interesting insights into what they expect from this journey, and Hogwarts itself.

Um, okay.

Hey girl, nice to meet you too.

No they are not. As a wizard kid, you should know that magical people know nothing about muggle technology! (No, I don’t care if he is from a muggle family )

I know that feeling, kiddo.

As has come to be expected from this game, some more crazy profiles of my classmates.

I tried to guess what well known characters each of these could be, but I came up blank. Except that last one, that’s Lee Jordan.

I have saved the best for last though.

Yes. This is Neville Longbottom. Don’t worry kid, you’ll become really attractive soon.

After my brisk stroll through the carriages, meeting and greeting my fellow scholars, I find Ron.

And Scabbers.

There is some brief chat of introduction, chatting about how poor Ron is, and how famous Harry is - it shows how they are clearly becoming fast friends! - when some chick wanders up.

Oh, hello Hermione.

She starts boasting about how she knows everything in the world to do with Hogwarts and magic and even Harry Potter himself, despite being from a muggle family, in true Hermione fashion.

She is so great, she even manages to teach us a new spell. Okay then.

She leaves to continue helping poor, odd-looking Neville, and Ron makes his feelings about the know-it-all very clear.

Yeah, man, she should just shut up with all her talking.

Harry and Ron quickly forget about Hermione, and start discussing wizard sweets as the sweet trolley lady rolls up. It is revealed Ron ate dirt once. That’s about as much focus as that comment gets before Harry goes up to the woman and takes the lot, of course. Unfortunately, the fun sweet times are prematurely ended when he enters the scene.

Hey man, that’s not cool. I spend a miniscule fraction of my parents’ massive wealth on all these sweets.

Crabbe and Goyle gear up to take on Harry and Ron with some intimidating comments.

Uh, intimidating noises

What will our brave 11 year olds do against these bullies? Nothing, because Scabbers takes them on.

You don’t smurfing mess with Scabbers.

Crabbe and Goyle run away like the pansies they are, leaving Harry to duel Malfoy. Somehow he knows how to wizard duel. It looks unsurprisingly like every other battle.

I will use that new spell Hermione taught me to take this guy down. She wouldn’t mind her knowledge being used to break the rules.

After the battle, I learn something new! It seems that using spells a certain number of times unlocks a new stronger spell level that uses more MP.

How. Exciting.

So in this case I now have two Vermillious spells – Vermillious Uno and Duo. Duo is the stronger version because it means two.

I have shown Draco Malfoy who the boss is this day. I’m sure he’ll have some cruel cutting remark about how the Weasleys are crap, or how Harry has no family. Draco is a massive tool – but I can take his horrible words. Give me your worst!

Oh. Well. I’m sure the card are duplicates of what I already have though. Dick.

I just don’t get it. “Oh, I hate you Potter! But please, be careful against stronger opponents! Take some of my collectable cards!” I was going to comment here about whether they even tried to give them solid characters when putting this game together, but I then laughed – of course they didn’t try.

Obligatory well done screen!

This is it. We’re at Hogwarts. I can’t wait to get exploring that castle. Hagrid tells the first years that they’ll be crossing the lake. And he mentions to be very careful of the monsters. Monsters? What is he-

I sure do remember…

…this entire ordeal…

…when crossing the lake…

…in the source material!

I have finally made it across the lake. That legitimately took about 10 minutes just because of the sheer volume of battles flying into me. Stupid tentacles and bugs and… clam things…? I don’t know. You could control the boat, but trying to steer around battles was an exercise in futility because the boat moved about 1/10th of the speed of the monsters.

In that last screen cap there’s a kid jumping for joy. I will tell you now that I was also jumping for joy when I got off that damn boat. Well, it’s done, I can put that behind me now.

Into the castle! Hogwarts, hooooooooo! It's time to get sorted and see the Gryffindor tower and-

Oh, smurf you, Hagrid.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I was planning on writing MORE, but sadly I lost a bunch of the screencap stuff I saved, so I will have to play the game from the beginning again because I had one save file. I will also be changing this approach to my game this time to ensure that I don't have to piss around like this again. YAY THE LAKE AGAIN.

But as a teaser for my next update: Screw you, Hogwarts castle. I don't... I don't even know where I am anymore!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nice unibrow, Hermione.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Scabbers what the smurf!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The best thing about Scabbers is how he is wearing a collar.

Articles

It's baffling to me because someone clearly spent a long time on making these things but how did they not see how... unfortunate... they look?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It is a GBC game, it possibly looked better not blown up. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

This guy? What? It's like he staring into your soul or something.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

what is even happening

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is fitting that this game is about magical young people learning magic, because this LP is magical in itself!