Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else listened to the audio drama yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    But if reports are mean't to be believed in the last 2 months, they are not acting on it? Why leave on a cliffhanger? Just seems all a bit pointless in the end.
    Maybe pointless is the whole idea. Spira is stuck in a neverending cycle of death...

(SPOILER)So for Sin to come back and Tidus declaring his will to start fresh with Yuna kind of takes the story right back to where it started.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I DID I DID I DID!!!!!!

And I got no idea where the story is leading to.

I hope Seymour comes back and marry Kimahri though.

I don't even know what this is! I'm going to pretend I'm wearing headphones and for that reason you are all typing in French at me.

Default What the hell?

FFX used to be my most favourite FF of all the time. When FFX-2 hit the shelves I didn't like it at all but I could kind of accept it.

Now I read about these two things:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...en_no_Daishou~
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...ntasy_X_-Will-

I now feel that the FFX's world has been really destroyed for me. All these things are absolutely stupid and I simply can't accept them. I guess I'll have to ignore them so I can actually play the FFX without feeling stupid about it. Like I ignore the fact that FFX and FFVII are supposed to be connected.

What are your opinions on these post FFX-2 "additions" to the story of Spira?

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're poor attempts at a setup for another unnecessary sequel that nobody asked for that highlights how X has virtually nowhere to go story wise because FF titles were meant to be standalone games in the first place and not have so much added content to it that it ends up convoluted because the writers haven't been able to pen a good story since 2001.

I really am at a loss of words about this. I mean it just feels like a very bad fanfic. I am sure there are actually tons of fanfics that would fit the story much better.

And I think that FFs used to be much better when they really were just standalone games in their own universe.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Oh hey, Squeenix trying to milk another one of their games dry. Next thing you'll be telling me that the Earth revolves around the sun, not t'other way around!

And for some reason, the whole ".5" bit just drives me nuts. What next? FF10-2 13/16ths?

But it's like so many other official attempts at expanding existing lore with content you don't like, you can always just pretend it doesn't exist. Ah, headcanon, where would I be without you?
    derp

Articles
    Blog Entries

Before X the thought of expanding the lore in any of their games never even came up. What was so special about this game that all of a sudden all the new entries that came after that wasn't a MMO was getting a tie-in?

Final Fantasy X received critical acclaim by the media, and enjoyed high sales figures. Square expected the game to sell at least two million copies worldwide owing to the reduced PlayStation 2's fanbase, making it smaller than the last three released titles. However, within four days of its release in Japan, the game had sold over 1.4 million copies in pre-orders, which set a record for the fastest-selling console RPG. These figures exceeded the performances of Final Fantasy VII and IX in a comparable period, and Final Fantasy X became the first PlayStation 2 game to reach two million and four million sold copies
    Ohh...

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We had a topic on the audio drama recently! I just merged the two threads.

I don't have the remastered package yet. is there any thing online that would allow me to check the audio out?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's on YouTube. That is where I checked mine.

Apparently it has nothing to do with a sequel as it was said we shall think of a story by ourselves and [Sin] was brought back because he is an element of Final Fantasy X as much as Sephiroth is from Final Fantasy VII, however I am sure this is just a marketing strategy and it is intended all along. Kazushige Nojima even said, he wanted to write more about Final Fantasy X.

Well even though I am afraid of another sequel, it can't be worse than leaving the story at the point where everything you did in these two games is basically make obsolete and pointless.

Spira seriously needs a proper closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Well even though I am afraid of another sequel, it can't be worse than leaving the story at the point where everything you did in these two games is basically make obsolete and pointless.

Spira seriously needs a proper closure.
    As I said, just listen to the part when [Sin] is about to show up again. It plays a Seymour-based theme.

I would love to get a sequel with Seymour.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I felt the story was pretty much concluded at the end of FFX-2, really. The Last Mission makes things darker and more serious, and it's ending is sort of ambiguous really. This audio drama is even worse, and in a way practically necessitates that the story be continued, lest the FFX series ends on... that.