View Poll Results: Well, where should we go eat?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't know.

1 3.85%
  • I don't know.

2 7.69%
  • I don't know.

1 3.85%
  • I don't know.

2 7.69%
  • You decide.

6 23.08%
  • No, not that place. Or the next few suggestions.

2 7.69%
  • I refuse to answer this poll.

4 15.38%
  • STOP ASKING ME AND DECIDE!

3 11.54%
  • Why don't we go out as much anymore?

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women, where do you want to eat?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Women, where do you want to eat?

Relax, the poll is a joke.

Actual point of thread: Do you, no matter the gender, find it hard to decide to go where to eat if you are in a group setting, be it a relationship or group of friends? How about alone?

Before you move this into the food forum, I decided to put it in general chat because it really isn't exactly about food, but more of a decision making process sort of deal

Me? No problem when I am alone. I also got pretty good at steering indecisive people over the years.
    Last edited by Sephex; 05-15-2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: clarification/typos. The lunch I just ate at work wasn't really satisfying. I think I might be tired, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You decide is a serious argument my boyfriend and I have everytime we go out to eat. We even make up stories about how we were totally the last one to pick and we picked [insert random restaurant] because of [insert lie] and so now its your turn to pick.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I always seem to have this problem too and I'm absolutely guilty of it as well. Restaurant Stalemate seems to hit no matter what stage of a relationship I am in! I REFUSE TO PICK. No not there.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The women love eating Yams.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think restaurant-wise me and Sophie are pretty good. We have our favourites and we tend to stick to them. Strada is our go-to place but we'll also be fine with Pizza Express, Gusto or Dough Pizza Kitchen if the mood takes us.

Deciding what we want for tea can be another matter. I think sometimes we're both a bit too nice and want to let the other person decide. We never fall out over it though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Danielle and I tend to decide which kind of food we want and then go from there. We had Thai for our 8th anniversary the other day, it was lovely.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Victor can't eat anything that isn't pasta, so our choices are limited. ;_;

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I can never decide what I want to eat. Matt likes to say that he chooses where we eat every time, but really, if he suggests somewhere and I don't fancy it, we don't go there. xD I vaguely make the decisions!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I have identified that, in decision making situations like these where there is no objective answer and other people's feelings and desires come into play, I am almost physically unable to make a decision. I become an anxious wreck. I have an intense fear of suggesting something that people don't want to eat, and a worse fear of suggesting something they don't want to eat but that they go along with anyway because they are afraid to complain and then they don't enjoy themselves. I eat everything so you smurfing decide because you're the one that has preferences. SMURF.But yeah. I'm easy to please so it makes it really hard for me to decide on things.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Food Court. Bam problem solved
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I have identified that, in decision making situations like these where there is no objective answer and other people's feelings and desires come into play, I am almost physically unable to make a decision. I become an anxious wreck. I have an intense fear of suggesting something that people don't want to eat, and a worse fear of suggesting something they don't want to eat but that they go along with anyway because they are afraid to complain and then they don't enjoy themselves. I eat everything so you smurfing decide because you're the one that has preferences. SMURF.But yeah. I'm easy to please so it makes it really hard for me to decide on things.
    Hungry Jacks? Yes. Hungry Jacks.

I'm pretty terrible at making decisions about what to cook/eat, particularly since I'm quite fussy so it's generally on me to figure it out - I'm the one that won't eat certain things, so I should decide what the plan is. Sometimes I get hella cravings though so I am compelled to eat certain foods - that makes it easier, but those foods are almost never healthy...

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I think restaurant-wise me and Sophie are pretty good. We have our favourites and we tend to stick to them. Strada is our go-to place but we'll also be fine with Pizza Express, Gusto or Dough Pizza Kitchen if the mood takes us.

Deciding what we want for tea can be another matter. I think sometimes we're both a bit too nice and want to let the other person decide. We never fall out over it though.
    Yes, my husband and I have this problem. We both want to let the other person decide, so... it usually takes us a while to figure out where we are going to eat! But if I'm being honest, it usually is me that gets the final decision!

Blog Entries

Ugh. I can never decide.There's 93890429 restaurants within a 1 mile radius of me. We order in a lot, and I will stare at my phone for an hour trying to decide what I want. Usually our go-to is this place called Daro's that's right around the corner, 'cuz it's cheap, but I've actually been getting tired of them lately.

And with the absence of chain places, it makes it even harder. There's an Outback & RedLobster in the Target shopping center, but that's all I know of that's in our close vicinity.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

When I'm really hungry, I lose the ability to make any decisions or think coherently do anything other than shiver and mumble "help me please"

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's not that I'm indecisive, it's that I seriously don't care where we eat. Pick anywhere and it's going to be okay. If I see you're not picking something I'll usually narrow it down to two or three choices and then hope you can pick from them. If you still can't I'll pick something and be like you had a chance...