Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite or top five Starwars games

Blog Entries

Default Favourite or top five Starwars games

Don't what to derail the starwars thread in the lounge about videogame talk but name your favourite or list your top 5 starwars games!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The first ones I played were the two Lego ones, which I love. I've later played the SNES ones, which were actually very good.

I wonder if anyone is going to say the Atari ones...

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Knights of the Old Republic series and Lego Star Wars are my favorites.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Episode One Racer
    KoTOR
    Jedi Knight 2

...can't think of any others I've played off the top of my head.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only Star Wars game I've played was Star Wars: Rebel Assault II for Windows 95. It was awesome.

Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles - this was THE best co-op game back in the day

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - loved this game when I was younger, don't want to go back to it because I know it will suck now

Star Wars Pod Racer - I actually had the Gameboy Color version since I didn't have an N64. It was still awesome. It had one of those badass rumblepacks that took a single AA battery to make the Gameboy shake during collisions)

Star Wars: Masters of Teraes Kasi - Fighting game with a large cast of characters. Again, probably sucks balls, but was a blast when I was a kid

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - flawed but very fun game. You play as Jango Fett and go on missions to bring in wanted galactic criminal scum. Usually you have the choice of bringing them in dead or alive

I never realized how many Star Wars games I used to play until now. This was a good chunk of my early gaming career. And this list doesn't include all of the titles I've played.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Republic Commando and Battlefronts, represent.

Blog Entries

Episode I Pod Racer (n64)
    Beautiful game, many tracks, excellent gameplay and customisation. There are no real faults I can think of. I personally didnt like that parts degraded over time but I can see how that might add to the gameplay and realism aspect.

Rouge Squadron (n64)
    Again wonderful game with wide mission variety not always just "shoot this". My only complaint was there was sections with inflated difficulty such as the level where you had to pick one of three paths to find an Ark which changed location whenever you reset the level and then when you found it you were still on a timer to rescue it or whatever.

KoTOR
    Just a reasonably good RPG with interesting characters and enjoyable decision making.

Jedi Power Battles
    Great co-op game, and running around with a lightsaber slicing up droids is just undeniable fun

Kotor2
    Enjoyable what I played of it but really just on the list because it's the only other StarWars game I can remember playing

edit: Episode I The Phantom Menace (ps1)
    filled with bugs and was too confusing in some sections but I really did enjoy it when I was young and didnt know any better.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 05-16-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

LEGO Star Wars: The Original Trilogy: The first game (which covered the prequels) was kind of boring. It was here that the games got the brilliant silent humor that made them shine. If you've never seen the "Luke, I am your father" scene from this game, go look it up on YouTube.

Star Wars Episode I: Racer: My single favorite racing game of all time. Although I hated the damaged parts mechanics, and therefore cheated for invincibility, the game itself was a ton of fun. I usually rocked Neva Kee's Podracer (the one which has both engines attached directly to the cockpit), because having good traction and turning definitely trumped speed in this game.

Star Wars: Tie Fighter: Ah, this game. Fantastic space combat flight sim. Plus it introduced the TIE Defender, which is a great little starfighter.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Great game, solid story, great characters... Too big, mostly because it's an MMO. If this game was scaled to the size of a game like KotOR, it would be brilliant.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: I think. I only have vague memories of this one, mostly of a scene involving ATATs. But I do remember having a blast with it. I need to play a few more Star Wars games so that I can make sure it's the right one.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Star Wars Battlefront II - you could actually play as Jedi. And the Space Battles, let me tell you what, you could either buzz around trying to take down their gigantic capital ships from the outside, or alternatively you could land in their hangar, jump out on foot, blow up all their fighters and then start destroying the capital ship from the inside. smurfing incredible.

Star Wars Battlefront I - Still a smurfing buttload of fun. Probably had some more fun maps than II did actually.

Jedi Power Battles - Agreed with my man Red Pill.

Star Wars - I had the original Star Wars on the Gameboy. I spent ages having my trout pushed in by that trash monster because I never met Obi-Wan on Tattooine. The day I did was like a revelation. I think I once managed to escape from the Death Star, I can't remember much more than that.

Star Wars Episode 1 - Again, I refer to my man Red Pill. Was actually quite clever for its time, a neat mix of RPG and action that obviously KoToR took some inspiration from.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Star Wars Battlefront II - you could actually play as Jedi. And the Space Battles, let me tell you what, you could either buzz around trying to take down their gigantic capital ships from the outside, or alternatively you could land in their hangar, jump out on foot, blow up all their fighters and then start destroying the capital ship from the inside. smurfing incredible.
    I'm quoting this because it's awesome and I remember how awesome it was. How awesome was it?

smurfing awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So, how many of you killed Jar Jar in level three?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Harder. For obvious reasons, I adore these games.
    Star Wars Battlefront II. This game was smurfing brilliant. The only thing they could have done to improve it was somehow make space and land battles simultaneous and have an impact on each other.
    Jedi Power Battles. Probably the first Star Wars game I played and absolutely fantastic. Included a lot of EU and peripheral stuff so it greatly enhanced my love of the franchise.
    Star Wars Episode One. Just an all round excellent game. I really enjoyed it. See other comments.
    Star Wars Bounty Hunter. This trout was too legit to quit. I absolutely loved following Fett around his quest. The levels were interesting, the secondary bounty hunts enjoyable, and although some of the platforming was a , I thought it was damn awesome. Wish there was a sequel.
    Star Wars Demolition. This game was stupid but great fun. Cruise around as noteworthy Stars Wars vehicles in a demolition derby. smurf yeah.
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy II. Maybe. I forget. Anyway, the one where you could both force choke each other in multiplayer. My buddy and I would simply throw each other off cliffs with that move. Watching as you both edge closer to death while simultaneously choking and being choked was the stuff of legends.

smurf you guys Star Wars games rock.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Star Wars: Tie Fighter: Ah, this game. Fantastic space combat flight sim. Plus it introduced the TIE Defender, which is a great little starfighter.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to legally acquire this game? Having heard some great things about it I would like to play it. Unfortunately it's like twenty years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to legally acquire this game? Having heard some great things about it I would like to play it. Unfortunately it's like twenty years old.
    Ebay?

Found one for $4.99 with no bids on it.

Or buy it outright for $7.99 from another seller.

Just remember you'll probably need DosBox (which I know you have already). Pity GOG hasn't picked it up yet.

Also: Get a joystick if you don't have one.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.