Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Best Simpsons Season

During the countless feedings and burpings we have to go through now, Miriel and I have been watching every Simpsons episode in order. We're now on season 4 which in my opinion is the best season. Some of the highlights include:

Kamp Krusty
    The Monorail
    I Love Lisa (Lisa x Ralph)
    Mr. Plow
    Last Exit to Springfield ('Dental Plan! Lisa needs braces!')
    A Streetcar Named Marge
    Duffless

However, season 6 is also pretty good, and has my favorite episode, Itchy & Scratchy Land. I might change my mind once we get there.

Fore sure though seasons 3-7 are among the highlights of television.

What is your favorite?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't watched this show in a long while, but even when I did I think I mostly caught reruns so everything was out of order.

The episode that sticks out years later is the one where Bart chokes on his own tongue. Other unique experiences are the Halloween themed episodes and really anything with Sideshow Bob. Looking back it's hard for me to tell episodes apart because there are so many reoccurring themes, character traits and running gags.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Season Five is pretty good (woah, that's good squishee!, think unsexy thoughts, baby on board), but I think Four is better (T is for her tooth-filled mouth, Mr Plow!, Mono-Doh! I Choo Choo Choose you!, liver and onions). I'm glad you made this thread, because just yesterday a coworker and I were talking about The Simpsons, and a third coworker said they had never seen an episode before, and we both turned around and stared in disbelief before staging an intervention. I was also thinking of sending you a card saying "DO IT FOR HER (and him!)"

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't know The Simpsons had seasons. I thought they just aired constantly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    I was also thinking of sending you a card saying "DO IT FOR HER (and him!)"
    Once I have enough pictures I will be making a sign like that, don't you worry.

Season 1- The outdated animation and strange animated style creeps me out, some episodes are good though.

Seasons 2- 8 Classic Simpsons, would watch these episodes more than once and anyday, if could.

Season 9-10 Danger, danger we seem to be jumping over the shark !

Season 11-13 Shark has been jumped

Season 14- 20 Junk, throw it in the trash where it belongs

Season 21- 24 or 25 or something Please stop now, it's dead, please pull the plug.

Season 4 without a doubt, just so many good episodes. Last Exit to Springfield is hands down the best episode of The Simpsons ever.

Although Season 3 is also good, and has my favourite episode, Homer at the Bat.

I agree, 3=7 are just golden.

I don't even hardly enjoy watching the new seasons for some reason, I don't know if it's just me or what, but it feels like the humour has changed so much, and I don't really find it funny anymore.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Although Season 3 is also good, and has my favourite episode, Homer at the Bat.
    I've been singing the song all day.

Well Mr. Burns had done it
    The Power Plant had won it
    with Roger Clemens clucking all the while...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seasons 3 to 7 are classics. So many good memories of those. I really can't pick a favorite of those. If you put a gun to my head I might say Season 4. My favorite episode may be "Mother Simpson" it was nice to have the Simpsons be emotionally involving suddenly, even if only a bit.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Maybee made a great analysis. I think the show was really good up until 12 or 13. After that, the quality dropped & after 15 or 16 I stopped watching.

The only current episode I watched was the Lego one, which was fun, but it wasn't by any means great.

IMO, a more interesting question: as Simspons will have been on air for 30 years as of 2019, given the progression from was to is, what do you think Simpsons will look like 20 years from now?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Simpsons was never good :/. But it was popular for awhile though, same with South Park, and now it seems Family Guy works because its more giving than trying to be dumb. Not to offend people who watch it though, just saying.

I think seasons 3 and 5 are my favourites. Season 8 was great if only for 'You Only Move Twice'.

The show kind of goes downhill from around season 11, but I still keep up with it (even through the excruciatingly bad moments like the Ke$ha intro and the Lady GaGa episode) and every so often there's still a decent joke or two to be had. But mostly it's gone to trout and they should probably start to seriously consider bringing it to an end.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought I posted in here, but yeah the 90s Simpsons is one of the best TV shows ever. I think I saw episodes out of order due to reruns when I was a child so I don't know what episodes belong where.

Memorable episodes for me.
    Bart's babysitter
    Marge trying to impress the country club
    Stonecutters
    episode where bart steals a video game
    Bart's night at Ned flander's house