Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin Ouch!

Have you ever broken any bones? How? What are some of the worst injuries you have had, what happened?

Considering how accident prone I am, I haven't suffered many breaks. I've broken a couple of toes and my nose.

My toes, simply by stubbing them... hard. I broke my nose on a trampoline, I went face first into the edge, hitting my nose on the metal frame.

I fell over on ice a few years ago and have had a few problems with my right elbow since. Sometimes if something just touches it in the wrong place it causes really sharp shooting pains. Eek!

When I was a little Jess, I fell over and went head first into the corner of a concrete step. I cracked my head open. I had to have stitches and I have a scar on my forehead now. I can't remember it being that painful, though. There was just a lot of blood!

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't say I am accident prone, but I do get injured a lot.

But I put my body through a lot of trout, so there is generally a reason other than clutzyness.

I broke my foot once, in high school. I was being dumb and cool and showing off my bad ass jumping skills by jumping over a fence. I made the jump, but landed on a hill in a bad way. Boom. Broken foot.

I also got a real bad pinched nerve in my neck from wrestling. I crunched my neck in practice and then it got tight and proceeded to pinch a nerve if I moved the wrong way. I didn't tell my coaches and wrestled in a tournament that weekend. I made it to the second day before I lost. With all the adrenaline it didn't effect me during matches, but if I was between matches and looked to the left my whole body would scrunch up in pain and I would drop to the deck.

I also got hit by a car once (of many times) while on my bike. It bruised my knee and for about a year it would give out when I was running. Randomly. I would be running playing football or something and then BOOM. On the ground.

A couple years ago I cracked a rib during some martial arts training. And then I had to continue with the course. And do my annual physical fitness test. That sucked.
    And then last year I hurt my other knee and had to do the pft again.

And today I was doing some awesome stuff, running through the mud, going through obstacles, jumping over and through stuff. It was a sweet run. But now my knees are both super sore. I had to stand up and teach all day after that run. Plus the martial arts stuff I did during lunch.

I get injured a lot.

EDIT: I forgot about my shoulder! I'm not sure what I did to it. Overuse, I think. But one of the muscles on my rotator cuff is weak. Worn down and whatnot. So that makes my shoulder hurt a lot if I am throwing a ball overhand or doing other stuff. So now I mostly throw sidearm when I play softball. Which hurts my elbow. But not as bad as my shoulder. So I keep doing it.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Anyway, the most pain I ever been in was when I was playing with a friend at my great grandmother's house as a small kid. Basically, I jumped off a chair and landed really wrong on my ankle. This wasn't some day long sprain, either. It lasted forever. What sucked was that I was in Cub Scouts at the time and had to go to this day long event on a very bad ankle. I honestly probably came so close to breaking it or something. Whatever I did, it wasn't permanent because both of my ankles feel fine today. It just hurt like hell for a week an a half or so.

I have been lucky enough to avoid breaking a bone my whole life so far, but now that I typed that, I am sure the...uh....bone reaper is out to get me now.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jess, we have some similar injuries xD I also cracked my head open as a kid and needed stitches across my eyebrow, and I broke my left arm while walking across ice and my legs came right out from under me.

I also knocked one of my two front teeth out slamming my face into an iron bench and gave myself a super nasty cut nipping the edge of a glass coffee table with a chipped edge that forced me to get stitches on both my muscle itself and my skin

Everything other injury than that has seemed rather miniscule to those four big ones! As I mentioned in the klutz thread, I am too klutzy for my own good

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Jess, we have some similar injuries xD I also cracked my head open as a kid and needed stitches across my eyebrow, and I broke my left arm while walking across ice and my legs came right out from under me.

I also knocked one of my two front teeth out slamming my face into an iron bench and gave myself a super nasty cut nipping the edge of a glass coffee table with a chipped edge that forced me to get stitches on both my muscle itself and my skin

Everything other injury than that has seemed rather miniscule to those four big ones! As I mentioned in the klutz thread, I am too klutzy for my own good
    If i removed the context and age references of this post, I would think you were talking about going to a metal show.

I have a robot cock after losing mine in a skiing accident.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I have a robot cock after losing mine in a skiing accident.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oooooo.

I've also had 13 concussions due to various incidents. Being hit by cars, running into people on bikes, falling off a skateboard, swinging on pipes and falling, martial arts, et cetera.

And I got stitches in my knee once, because I was flying around on Heelys and hit a crack and went flying 37 ft forward and landed on my left knee leaving a gigantic blood squirting gash. No really, it squirted every step as I walked to the nurses office.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

No broken bones, but a couple of years back I had to have my lower lip reattached and upper lip stitched up after it was torn off by a dog that attacked me.

The Doctor did an excellent job though and it's not noticeable unless I point it out to people.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have never been admitted to hospital for anything wrong with me.

Only toes and nose too. Broke a few toes once by dropping this metal doorstopper thing on them - it was shaped like a cat and I was playing with it. Broke my nose once when me and my brother were in a mosh pit, (jokingly,) and he elbowed my face. It hurt!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Where do I begin?

Had to get stitches in my chin because I slip & fell on a tub.
    Sprained a wrist trying to jump rope.
    Hernia operation.
    Nose broken in a fight.
    Had to have part of my intestines removed due to a Crohn's related blockage.
    Was too sickly to have the surgery completed @ one time, so I had to get it put back together again 2 months later.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I've broken one toe. My smallest toe on my left foot.

The most serious injury I've had, however, is the damage I did to my wrist. I knocked the back of my right wrist against the side of a swimming pool when I was fifteen and ruptured the pocket of fluid that is used to lubricate the joint, so now that fluid leaks out around my joint and puts pressure on my tendons and whatnot. Six years later and I'm still dealing with the pain it can cause.

And, before you ask, I've tried everything short of cutting off my hand to try and make it feel better, but there is very little a doctor can do for the cause itself. They can help treat the symptoms (with surgery and too much money) but it will more than likely just keep coming back and I'm better off just being patient each time it does while I wait for it to go back to near-painless.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Blog Entries

When I was 3, our neighbor's Boston Terrier pretty well bit a hole in my face when I tripped and fell on him. I had to get 20 internal and external stitches. I still have a scar. There was no plastic surgeon like anywhere in my hometown, so our family doctor stitched me up or something.

I recently saw a comment from our doctor's wife about it and she said "There was no scarring after!" .... Bitch you didn't see me after when I was growing up. You didn't hear or witness any of the teasing. There's a definite scar. But whatever.

Anywho, when I was 2, I somehow fell on my face and it killed the nerves in my 2 front teeth.. They had to get pulled and didn't grow back until I was in 4th grade.

Not long after they grew back in, I ran into one of the metal volleyball poles during recess and busted my face and chipped my tooth. Was running and my hair got in my face.
    Not long after -that-, I accidentally stabbed myself in my index finger & had to get 4 stitches. lol

7th grade, I broke both of the bones in my right wrist while rollerblading.. That trout HURT. Had a cast that went above my elbow and they didn't set it right so my wrist looks slightly off.

Oh. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I fell off a low trust me and landed on my back. It hurt.

I've also lost a couple of fingernails from accidentally slamming them in a door or something.

Nothing else after that really happened. Until NYC when I sliced my thumb and busted my tail bone. lol
    Last edited by noxious.sunshine; 05-29-2014 at 01:15 PM.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I fell over on ice a few years ago and have had a few problems with my right elbow since. Sometimes if something just touches it in the wrong place it causes really sharp shooting pains. Eek!
    You might have a bone spur! I've got one in my left knee (and that's my good knee damnit) and it's a total pain in the ass when I bump it or happen to kneel down with the left side first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I have never been admitted to hospital for anything wrong with me.

Let's see. Broken bones... chronological with subsequent injury is how I believe I'll chart this. It'll be a wet dream for BoB. There's a massive chunk of injuries that aren't bone-related. Torn ACL and PCL, shredded tendons and lesser ligaments multiple times, torn rotator cuff, torn AC (my left shoulder sits an entire inch lower than my right shoulder), etc. There's also a large timespan in the teens where I didn't break any bones because I was fighting through paralysis and wasn't quite as active... still managed to screw my knees over when I was learning how to walk/run again though.
    Code:
    YR | BONE(s) BROKEN
    ===|===============
    05 | Jaw; gravel embedded in chin; cycling accident
    12 | Left forearm; bruised bone with microfracture; cycling accident
    13 | Left knee; chipped kneecap; tripped up concrete stairs while running, shredded
              through layers of skin and muscle
    14 | Spine; L4 & L5 vertebrae fusion with paralysis; falling from 12+ feet without
              landing properly
    19 | Third finger, left hand; messy fracture at knuckle; cracked the skull of the kid
              that tried to rape my sister
    22 | Fourth toe, right foot; compression fracture; stubbed into a corner
    25 | Skull; fracture behind left ear; got mugged
    25 | Nose; hairline fracture; see above
    25 | First toe, right foot; broken at joint; see above
    26 | Right wrist; messy fracture; slipped on plastic and cracked wrist on a shipping
              pallet
    26 | Left thumb; messy fracture; head-on collision
    26 | Left wrist; clean break; see above
    26 | Left forearm; messy fracture; see above
    26 | Left rib x3; clean breaks; see above
    26 | Right wrist; clean break; I'm honestly struggling to remember how it happened the
              second time
    27 | Skull; fracture in forehead; mugging attempt but subsequently beat the hell out of
              the assailant (he cried)
    27 | First metatarsal, right foot; microfracture; rolled ankle while applying pressure
              to stand up
    28 | First metatarsal, right foot; clean break; massive application of pressure, snapped
              behind previous injury
    Yes, I did actually manage to break three wrists in one year.

I just realized how depressing this list is... and that's just BONE-related injuries. Oy.