Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tommy the Turtle

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin Tommy the Turtle

I give objects names. I can't be the only person who does this. Do you? What names have you given things? Do you think it's weird?

I have a turtle ornament in my bathroom, he is called Tommy. I also have a hedgehog ornament, called Henry.

My car is called Kenny.

I had an Orchid called Frank. He died of a plant disease.

I do this all the time. I always tend to use male names, no matter how girly the object is!

I have attached Tommy for your pleasure, as he is cute!

Blog Entries

xD awesome.

I'm am absolutely horrible at naming things so no, I avoid it whenever possible.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

The only objects I put a decent amount of thought into naming are my computers. It's because they ask for names when I install the OS! For desktops, pintsize served me for many years until I upgraded to multivac a couple of years ago. For laptops, osaka has recently been succeeded by nerevar.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also give objects names! My laptop is named Sirius and my ipod is named Francis.

My sister and I named our washer Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.

I have never done this and I'm not really sure why.

I think it might be because I obsess over names to the point where naming my objects would take up all my time. My friends rib me all the time for taking so long to name my video game characters (if no default is given) because I have to find and research the perfect name.

tommy is pretty fabulous

Articles

Play this video for background noise, then come back to read the post. Trust me, it helps set the mood.

The Story of Sir Tweeters

I was sitting one day with Shauna in our den playing video games, and I see a neighbourhood cat running around our garden. This is not uncommon, but I see another cat in our garden along side it. There was as a baby sparrow, sitting in the middle of the grass. Both cats were sitting watching the bird, ready to pounce... but the bird would not fly away. He just sat there, unaware of the fate that was about to befall him. I knew, and started pounding on the window, "FLY AWAY SIR TWEETERS!" but my cries echoed in vein. The neighbour cat, a black cat, pounced on him and caught him in his gaping maw. "SIR TWEETERS!!!!!" I screamed, but it was too late. Sir Tweeters was dead.

I ran to the back door, trying to get the cat to drop Sir Tweeters. The black cat had other plans. By the time I had ran to the other side of the house and opened the door, he had jumped on our fence and fled. Bastard Face, as I had dubbed him, had escaped with the corpse of Sir Tweeters. It was too late, I had failed to save him...

After there was a brief period of remorse and a 21 gun salute playing for the fallen Sir Tweeters I returned to the den to wallow in self loathing at my helplessness. A few minutes later, Bastard Face returns without the body of sir tweeters. Either he had made a fine meal out of him, or had disposed the body elsewhere. I chased Bastard Face out the garden, but he managed to escape without atoning for his crimes.

RIP Sir Tweeters. You were taken before your time.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The moral of that story is that Matt names and gets very emotionally attached to things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I name my objects rather practically: my iPod is called 'Music Stick', for example.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

sharky made me name my car. Her name is Panda.

Other than that I name my stuffed toys. Like Gandalf plushie and Spiderball

a bird is not an object it is an animal so matt's sad story should be in it's own thread (imo)

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh oh oh! I forgot, I have a wooden carved lizard on a wall too, he is called Biz.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    My car is called Kenny.
    Kenny is still going?!

I have honestly never done this although I do form stupid sentimental attachments to inanimate objects.