Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mario Kart 8!

Articles

I got hit by a blue shell and then 2 red shells at the final turn on shy guy ruins on the 150cc flower cup. Dropped from 1st to 7th and lost the 3 star ranking. Was the wosrtbthing ever.

I'm sort of hesitating before going into the Mirror Class. I had thought there would be mirrored courses at every speed, and I could take things easy with the lower speeds while I worked on the others. But apparently it's 150cc only. So I have to go through that whole mess all over again, with less familiar tracks. It's rather daunting.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

Funny enough, I find mirror mode generally easier than 150cc for some reason.

Articles

This is probably the only video I'll ever post to youtube from the MKTV, but look at how clutch that red shell was from third place!

I preordered the game and got it the day after its release date (thanks to work stopping me from playing it the day of the release date).

I've triple starred all 32 cups, defeated all 32 Time Trial Ghosts, and unlocked all parts except for the Gold Glider (10,000 coins will take quite a while to reach). I actually found that mediumweights/cruiserweights (like Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina) with high top speed parts (like the Circuit Special and the Slick Wheels) are really good for 150cc and Mirror (though you'll need to practice drifting and mini turbos a lot) since the top speed will get you so far you can get a huge lead in first and be able to avoid the onslaught of items the AI will throw at you (though you'll want a shell or banana in stock to protect against red shells just in case). I get so far ahead, that sometimes even blue shell hits aren't enough to get the 2nd place person in sight of my rear view mirror.

Also, feel free to add me and challenge me online. I'm Player¼/Fidesio.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Also, feel free to add me and challenge me online. I'm Player¼/Fidesio.
    I'm Skyblade12, but I have no idea how to add or challenge people on the Wii U.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want this game because of the facial expressions.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Luigi is one mad guy. He's had enough of the endless mockery!

Apparently my huge Time Trial problem is that, while Mount Wario is an awesome course, the Time Trial sucks due to the format and coin layout. Once I beat that I've managed to knock out all the rest of the 16 new courses in a day.

Articles

I'm stamp collecting just now. Just the koopa kids to go.

Edit - Done. 90/90 stamps. Gold glider is left, but that's something I don't want to grind out. Took long enough to get 2800 to get all the other parts, but that was through normal play.

I assume this will be something I get if I have people over playing the game, because it has now been shelved.
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 06-10-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I'm Skyblade12, but I have no idea how to add or challenge people on the Wii U.
    I sent you a friend request on Miiverse. Simply friend people on Miiverse if you want to race online (you'll need to search for them online with the "search members" option), select friends when you choose online in Mario Kart 8 on the main menu, and you'll be able to join any of your friends in a race if they're online (they'll have a checkered flag beside their name if they're online in Mario Kart 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    I'm stamp collecting just now. Just the koopa kids to go.

Edit - Done. 90/90 stamps. Gold glider is left, but that's something I don't want to grind out. Took long enough to get 2800 to get all the other parts, but that was through normal play.

I assume this will be something I get if I have people over playing the game, because it has now been shelved.
    There is one stamp per character who wins a cup, and one for each time trial. Where do you get the rest?

Articles

You already have them unlocked. You start with 28, get 30 character stamps and 32 course stamps bringing you to 90 stamps total