Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: JuraCiddies Park: An Audio Event Experience - BEST POST WINNER CHANGED!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Oh god that speech I am losing my trout holy crap this is amazing I cannot wait until the next Alive_Man speeches you are my favourite.
    I think it's the speeches that are making you keep going through the early morning Mae

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Why isn't there a transcription for every speech?

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Most Missed Member
    Last winner: Wolf Kanno Nomination Leader: demondude

The Nominees
    41-Inches-Wide Christmas demondude eestlinc RSL Rye smittenkitten Trumpet Thief

And the winner is...
    Christmas

The Final Tally
    Christmas..........................23
    Rye.................................8
    demondude...........................6
    eestlinc............................6
    smittenkitten.......................6
    41-Inches-Wide......................5
    RSL.................................5
    Trumpet Thief.......................1

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaynaMae View Post
    Oh god that speech I am losing my trout holy crap this is amazing I cannot wait until the next Alive-Man speeches you are my favourite.
    I think it's the speeches that are making you keep going through the early morning Mae
    Quite possibly.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Congrats to Christmas!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do miss Christmas a lot s/he used to leave me lots of cool pictures for no other reason than to make me happy

Articles

Christmas comes but once a year.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's a Christmas miracle!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    It's a Christmas miracle!
    We all miss Christmas

Most Underrated Member
    Last winner: Lone Wolf Leonhart Nomination Leader: maybee

The Nominees
    Aulayna blackmage_nuke Crop Karifean krissy LocoColt04 maybee Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World Sephex Shaibana Skyblade Tasura The White Wizard of ynn Værn

Who they predicted to win...

Shauna: The White Wizard of Fynn
    shion: maybee
    Formalhaut: The White Wizard of Fynn
    Psychotic: The White Wizard of Fynn

Speech by Shorty:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Underrated.wav
    (SPOILER)
    This is a speech for the Most Underrated Award for Eyes on Final Fantasy's June 2014 Ciddies!

I'm certain we all know the meaning of the word "underrated," but regardless, I'm going to educate you, anyway.

"to underrate:
    to underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone or something."

In otherwords, to not give enough credit due where it ought to be.

Let's take a look at our nominees.

Aulayna. Aulayna has been a member since 2005 and was promoted to staff in 2013. She has functioned as both a developer and an editor, with 120 articles under her belt. That's 120 more than most of you!

blackmage_nuke. Guess what? blackmage_nuke has a mage dressed as a Jawa holding a lightsaber that flashes at you every day. He is better than every member here because of that already. He's also been here since 2005, and is a prolific FF forums poster.

Crop. Another member from 2005! That must be the charmed year! Or is it the unlucky year because all of these people are underrated? As a supporter of Del Murder, though, this man deserves to be underrated, and I hope he does NOT win (just kidding crop you'd deserve it man).

Karifean. 2009! Finally broke the sad 205 trend, jesus. I'll tell you a secret about what I think of when I see Karifean's name. Guess who the most underrated member of the Futurama is? It's Kif. And for some reason, I relate Karifean to Kif from Futurama.

krissy. The fact that krissy still graces this place with his presence is a god damned miracle. krissy has been around longer than most of us here - certainly longer than myself. He joined in 2000! Did you know he had a hand in the sound editing for the Flower Girl I Used To Know video? krissy is obscenely cooler than each and every member here, yet he is not nearly recognized for it as he should be. I hope he wins this Ciddie as incentive to keep coming back because it stands for a mark as how well he is loved!

LocoColt04. This dude just joined barely over a year ago, and I consider him to be one of our prime currently active members. Somehow, he manages to split his time in being an active admin at thefinalfantasy.com (affiliate plug, I got you dog) and our forums themselves.

maybee. maybee is quickly growing to become one of my favorite members, and she's quite new herself, having only joined in 2012! She's there, sleuthily slinking in the woodwork among the mix of faces and POW! She'll knock you back with her sass and sharp wit. This girl deserves this award for sure.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World. Ah, another 2005er! Good old plef. How do you guys pronounce his name? do you just say "plef," like you're sounding out a comic book action bubble, or do you opt for "pee-lef"? I go for peelef. Peelef, it saddens me to see you on this list, as I think you should be recognized more, but I'm glad to see you getting it with this nomination atleast.

Sephex. THE DRAGON KING? HOW IS HE EVEN ON THIS LIST?! No, Sephex is not an underrated member of this forum, he is loved widely and across the board and I'll refuse to hear otherwise. That's a lie. It was just in the last couple of years that Sephex won his first Ciddie EVER. EVER, even though he joined in 200! Can you believe that? You've really let me down, EoFF, letting that happen.

Shaibana. Joined in 2011! It occurs to me that Shaibana, like her aptly-chosen Game of Thrones character, is indeed very underrated. What sort of character development will we see from Shaibana in the coming years of EoFF? Time will only tell us. In the meantime, how do you feel about her winning this award? I think she'd be well-chosen.

Skyblade. Another 2005er?! What is the deal with these people! Friends, it pains me to say that I do not know much about Skyblade at all - it seems for the past few months he has been hiding out in the Bravely Default forum! This is perhaps why he deserves this award the most.

Tasura. I've had it with these 2005-joiners. There is some conspiracy here. How is it that a wave of people who joined almost ten years ago are so underrated?! Truth be told, Tasura frequents #eoff more than the forums, but this doesn't give him a disadvantage! Chatters back their own up - they're not about to let one of their own miss out on winning an award! Tas is a sweet dude and it's a shame more people do not seem to know him. Let's hope the chatters come through and pull in a win for him.

The White Wizard of Fynn. He's joined in 2006 and somehow, I feel like just in the last few months I've seen a spike in his activity! This could be my own obliviousness, though. Fynn's a good lad. His grasp of Ye Olde English Tongue in his fantasy writing is solid, and he has an amazing ability to write short, cohesive stories (check out TM for his work!). Definitely an underrated member of this forum, though I hope to see his recognition restored where it belongs.

Guys, we've gone through the list of these wonderful, truly undervalued members of this forum, and now we've reached Værn. Having joined in 2007, Værn is the true member who deserves this award. He is truly a mystery to me, and I feel terrible writing a speech about someone I know so little about! This only goes to solidify what an undervalued member he is, and since this award is meant to go toward the member holding that very quality, this is it, folks. I do know that he frequents chat, so between Værn and Tas, who will the chatters pull for? Find out shortly!

A final comment, members. Most of the people listed here have been here for years. If you feel that anyone of the members here - or any member of these forums, really - are indeed underrated, undervalued, and unappreciated, let them know. Do something nice for them. Leave them a rep, a VM, a PM, make a thread for them. Get to know them. It's nice to know that others appreciate you, even if it's just your presence.

Good luck to everyone who has been nominated for this award! I hope that by the next awards we don't see you return to it, as I hope by then the forums have embraced what lovely members I am certain you all are and can properly recognize you for it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

We all miss Christmas Past, these Ciddies are saddened by the lack of Christmas Present and I hope there will be a Christmas Yet to Come soon.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Joined in 200? Sephex is older than I thought.

Nice for crop, there.

Anyway, go go krissy ilu man <3

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Award Guy View Post
    Speech by Shorty:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Underrated.wav
    (SPOILER)
    This is a speech for the Most Underrated Award for Eyes on Final Fantasy's June 2014 Ciddies!

I'm certain we all know the meaning of the word "underrated," but regardless, I'm going to educate you, anyway.

"to underrate:
    to underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone or something."

In otherwords, to not give enough credit due where it ought to be.

Let's take a look at our nominees.

Aulayna. Aulayna has been a member since 2005 and was promoted to staff in 2013. She has functioned as both a developer and an editor, with 120 articles under her belt. That's 120 more than most of you!

blackmage_nuke. Guess what? blackmage_nuke has a mage dressed as a Jawa holding a lightsaber that flashes at you every day. He is better than every member here because of that already. He's also been here since 2005, and is a prolific FF forums poster.

Crop. Another member from 2005! That must be the charmed year! Or is it the unlucky year because all of these people are underrated? As a supporter of Del Murder, though, this man deserves to be underrated, and I hope he does NOT win (just kidding crop you'd deserve it man).

Karifean. 2009! Finally broke the sad 205 trend, jesus. I'll tell you a secret about what I think of when I see Karifean's name. Guess who the most underrated member of the Futurama is? It's Kif. And for some reason, I relate Karifean to Kif from Futurama.

krissy. The fact that krissy still graces this place with his presence is a god damned miracle. krissy has been around longer than most of us here - certainly longer than myself. He joined in 2000! Did you know he had a hand in the sound editing for the Flower Girl I Used To Know video? krissy is obscenely cooler than each and every member here, yet he is not nearly recognized for it as he should be. I hope he wins this Ciddie as incentive to keep coming back because it stands for a mark as how well he is loved!

LocoColt04. This dude just joined barely over a year ago, and I consider him to be one of our prime currently active members. Somehow, he manages to split his time in being an active admin at thefinalfantasy.com (affiliate plug, I got you dog) and our forums themselves.

maybee. maybee is quickly growing to become one of my favorite members, and she's quite new herself, having only joined in 2012! She's there, sleuthily slinking in the woodwork among the mix of faces and POW! She'll knock you back with her sass and sharp wit. This girl deserves this award for sure.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World. Ah, another 2005er! Good old plef. How do you guys pronounce his name? do you just say "plef," like you're sounding out a comic book action bubble, or do you opt for "pee-lef"? I go for peelef. Peelef, it saddens me to see you on this list, as I think you should be recognized more, but I'm glad to see you getting it with this nomination atleast.

Sephex. THE DRAGON KING? HOW IS HE EVEN ON THIS LIST?! No, Sephex is not an underrated member of this forum, he is loved widely and across the board and I'll refuse to hear otherwise. That's a lie. It was just in the last couple of years that Sephex won his first Ciddie EVER. EVER, even though he joined in 200! Can you believe that? You've really let me down, EoFF, letting that happen.

Shaibana. Joined in 2011! It occurs to me that Shaibana, like her aptly-chosen Game of Thrones character, is indeed very underrated. What sort of character development will we see from Shaibana in the coming years of EoFF? Time will only tell us. In the meantime, how do you feel about her winning this award? I think she'd be well-chosen.

Skyblade. Another 2005er?! What is the deal with these people! Friends, it pains me to say that I do not know much about Skyblade at all - it seems for the past few months he has been hiding out in the Bravely Default forum! This is perhaps why he deserves this award the most.

Tasura. I've had it with these 2005-joiners. There is some conspiracy here. How is it that a wave of people who joined almost ten years ago are so underrated?! Truth be told, Tasura frequents #eoff more than the forums, but this doesn't give him a disadvantage! Chatters back their own up - they're not about to let one of their own miss out on winning an award! Tas is a sweet dude and it's a shame more people do not seem to know him. Let's hope the chatters come through and pull in a win for him.

The White Wizard of Fynn. He's joined in 2006 and somehow, I feel like just in the last few months I've seen a spike in his activity! This could be my own obliviousness, though. Fynn's a good lad. His grasp of Ye Olde English Tongue in his fantasy writing is solid, and he has an amazing ability to write short, cohesive stories (check out TM for his work!). Definitely an underrated member of this forum, though I hope to see his recognition restored where it belongs.

Guys, we've gone through the list of these wonderful, truly undervalued members of this forum, and now we've reached Værn. Having joined in 2007, Værn is the true member who deserves this award. He is truly a mystery to me, and I feel terrible writing a speech about someone I know so little about! This only goes to solidify what an undervalued member he is, and since this award is meant to go toward the member holding that very quality, this is it, folks. I do know that he frequents chat, so between Værn and Tas, who will the chatters pull for? Find out shortly!

A final comment, members. Most of the people listed here have been here for years. If you feel that anyone of the members here - or any member of these forums, really - are indeed underrated, undervalued, and unappreciated, let them know. Do something nice for them. Leave them a rep, a VM, a PM, make a thread for them. Get to know them. It's nice to know that others appreciate you, even if it's just your presence.

Good luck to everyone who has been nominated for this award! I hope that by the next awards we don't see you return to it, as I hope by then the forums have embraced what lovely members I am certain you all are and can properly recognize you for it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    We all miss Christmas Past, these Ciddies are saddened by the lack of Christmas Present and I hope there will be a Christmas Yet to Come soon.
    You had me at the pun.
    You lost me at the redundancy.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.