Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinkin' mah Tetanus vaccine, injectin' mah booze.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Drinkin' mah Tetanus vaccine, injectin' mah booze.

Best not get your shots confused.

How are you with injections? I'm going to be getting six diseases injected into my body soon. It's been ages since I last had one so I can't remember how bad they are, but I remember hating them intensely as a kid and getting better with them when I got to my teens. I'm a little worried but strangely intrigued at the experience given how long it's been.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

They are almost painless they are not at all an issue, don't be nervous. It helps to look away if you're a little squeamish but the pain is so small that if you blink you will miss it like the sensation of your eyes closing for a split second is enough to cover the pain of the needle or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm a wuss who hate needles. When I was a kid my nurse had to get me to look away and say "Power Rangers!" over and over again to give me my shots. Nowadays I'll avoid getting a shot at every opportunity. Even a little prick on the finger these days hurt like hell.

Generally I don't really mind. It is a little weird thinking this long thing is gonna enter my body but injections aren't painful.

EXCEPT

Once I was rushed to A&E for a cut in my arm. In order to put the stitches in, they had to numb it. By numb it, they got a long needle, and basically pushed it several times into and around the wound. That was rather painful. I would of rather them put the stitches in without numbing than have them continuously stick a needle into the wound. Ouchy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I FAINTED! I've never done that ever in my life before! First time! :o At least, I think I fainted. It's hard to say. The doc said my face went pale as we were talking about something and then I drifted to the right with my eyes closed (I was seated) but I remember her talking the whole way through, saying "Oop, you've just fainted a little, lie down over here" and then she was all "Doesn't it feel awful?" and I was like ">_> Not really, feels like having a nap on the bus, I actually feel pretty good..." and then I was told that it was because I hadn't eaten that day (true enough). But woo, first time for everything I guess! I don't really know if I fainted or not to be honest based on what people are telling me about fainting... maybe I half-fainted or something? I didn't feel ill or have a headache like she described. I just felt like I nodded off... but I was a bit shakey in the arms, and pale in the face, so I guess it must have been something.

Either way! Two of the injections were barely felt but one of them on my left arm (Typhoid or Hep A, not sure which) stung quite a bit. Aside from the fainting, all is well. Had me some Greggs on the way home. Guess that's a lesson learned: Eat Greggs on the way to the docs, not on the way back.

I am now ready for honeymooning. Huzzah.

i hope you got a corn beef pasty or the day wasnt worth it

I'm not too bad with needles, though I've not had injections in quite a while. Do you still get a lolly after getting poked by the Dr?
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's been years since I've had injections, and I don't know how long they last. After putting it off for ages in fear of going to doctor's offices, I'm making the rounds for appointments now so thanks for the reminder to include injections!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    i hope you got a corn beef pasty or the day wasnt worth it
    Steak Bake and a Sausage, Beans & Egg pasty. Not a massive fan of the corn beef ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    I'm not too bad with needles, though I've not had injections in quite a while. Do you still get a lolly after getting poked by the Dr?
    No But the doc saved me like £135 I would have otherwise had to spend by doing me a favour and slotting me in the moment she got a cancellation, so I can't hold a grudge to her on that one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, it stings for a second but then I get over it. Especially when they give me candy.

Taking blood though. Gosh I hate that. I had to get like 9 viles of blood taken when I was pregnant with twins and it always makes me uncomfortable. I get dizzy and faint and the sight of blood or injury so seeing my blood leaving my body, especially so much of it, was very disturbing.

Also made it hard to be polite and converse with the nurse

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Injections don't bother me, but I hate needles when you start taking my blood. The last time it wasn't so bad, but I usually get woozy.

I think you could inject me with Mountain Dew or Windex and I'd probably handle it better than getting a blood sample taken. Apparently my instincts like to scream "Once it's in my body, it is MINE."

I am all that is hardcore and tough.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

My job requires that I have all my shots, so I have everything updated now. I had 3 shots in a week, 2 of which were at the same appointment. XD

I don't mind the pain or needles. The areas get a little sore for a few days, but nothing a little massage couldn't handle.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have to have trimonthly injections as I have pernicious anaemia (B12) and I also have to have my blood taken for tests at least once a year, so yeah, I'm pretty used to being stabbed in the arm now!

When I was first diagnosed I had to be loaded with B12 and had to have 6 injections in the space of 2 weeks, so I got over any worry I had about needles very quickly!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

They are fine. I get a bit apprehensive about it beforehand, but it's usually not such a big deal.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Had one. Almost died. Decided to give it a miss from then on in.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.