Thread: Hyrule Warriors

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It got old to me quicker than most games too, but I think at least starting out it had good progression with unlocking new characters to try out. I'm interested in seeing what I think as I get to play more. Which probably won't be for a few days anyways. I have too many new games coming out right now to juggle so I may just put this one on hold for a while.

Have you tried the Adventure Mode? I was curious in it since it seems like it has some sort of set up like the original Zelda, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    It got old to me quicker than most games too, but I think at least starting out it had good progression with unlocking new characters to try out. I'm interested in seeing what I think as I get to play more. Which probably won't be for a few days anyways. I have too many new games coming out right now to juggle so I may just put this one on hold for a while.

Have you tried the Adventure Mode? I was curious in it since it seems like it has some sort of set up like the original Zelda, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.
    Adventure mode is kinda like a challenge mode. It uses the world map from the first game as map marked off into areas where you must complete little challenges in order to continue. Some areas will have restrictions on which characters you can use and weapons and heart containers you can unlock or find. There are about 4 special areas in which you can gain characters.

Don't know if anybody mentioned this, but they announced DLC for the game as well. With them, they're adding more areas, costumes, weapons, and characters. Looks to be interesting enough, especially since the announced weapon for the October DLC is Epona.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

This game is fantastic. The combat itself does get a bit repetitive, but it makes up for this by the tons of different play styles and the absolutely glorious amount of unlockable content. I have spent so much time completing everything I can so far. Unlocking weapons, characters, Skulltulas... So much fun, and I still have so much left to go.

Each character plays differently, and I love figuring out what style to use with them. While Impa's sword is my current favorite, I find that frequently my favorite winds up being whatever I am playing with at the time. I haven't found a character that I don't like.

There's also so many references, and I know there are more coming. Getting Link's gauntlets and seeing the Stone Pillars from OoT used in the attacks. Lana and the Deku spear referencing the Deku Tree, Deku Leaf, and Slingshot. And I haven't even gotten all of those yet.

Also, getting Dark Link from someone Networked in Adventure mode really changes up the challenges, so it stays fresh for quite a while.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Only cleared out the first mission and adventure map, and I must say I dig what little I've played. The Items already add their own spin on the DW gameplay mechanics, and the King Dadongo fight seems to show some promise for what to expect of this games boss's.

Articles

Oh, I forgot you American Nerds got this on Friday. I've had it for a week so far.

I enjoy it so far, I can see myself investing a LOT of time getting everything done. Shauna and I are playing 2 player just now, but I'l probably use the gamepad to play solo when we're done.

What's everyone's favourite characters so far? I have enjoyed using Lana and Shiek, and I prefer the fire rod over Links swords. I just need to get a better one than the defaults -_-

I have no access to this, but I did watch The Completionist's video on it, and it seems to live up to everything everyone expected it to be. So that's pretty awesome. It was never going to be anything deep and thought provoking. But just a bunch of entertaining mindless fun running around destroying everything and opening up the story. Still one of the few Zelda games I am pretty sure I'd actually enjoy

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I bought it on the e-store yesterday, it finished downloading at 1:30am >.>

So far I played the first three levels in legend mode, and three maps in adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    What's everyone's favourite characters so far? I have enjoyed using Lana and Shiek, and I prefer the fire rod over Links swords. I just need to get a better one than the defaults -_-
    I like Impa+sword because her attacks have mobility and she hits hard. Link is good too. I haven't gotten a chance to play Sheik or Lana yet. Re: Link, it's the opposite for me. The fire rod feels awkward, whereas the sword finishes good and the heavy spinning attack is nice at clearing monsters. The X special feels sucky on the rod, it hardly hits what I want, while the sword swipes where I expect it to.

And then there is Death

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Impa is pretty fantastic. She's been my go-to the entire game.

I've only got Link, Impa, and Shiek right now, but that's because I've been doing Adventure over legend quite a bit.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to say that at the end of mission 4 in legend, when they stepped in the circle, I facepalmed.

Also my Lana is double the level of Sheik/Impa, now I need to run adventure mode a bit and farm exp/rupees >.>

And then there is Death

Impa is awesome. I've unlocked both of her second tier weapons (just got a five star Biggoron's Knife), and I love them both. The Naginata has the best special attack in the game (at least, so far).

My favorite weapon for Link is actually the Gauntlets. The combos are so much fun, and have such a huge range. But I do like all of his options. I probably use the combos for the Magic Rod more often than any other weapon.

I just unlocked Ruto (I revisit Adventure Mode after every story mission to see what I can unlock), but I haven't tried her yet.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Cleared out the fourth Legend Scenario, and been doing more adventure.

I don't know which I like more right now, Staff Wielding Lana, or Naginata wielding Impa.

I still need to try the Fire Rod and Gauntlets on Link.

Articles

The fire rod really opened up for me when I got the Combos. XXYYY (I think) turns it into an ax that spins around you. It's insane for wave clearing in a 360.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm real jelly of y'all right now.

Man, the developers seem to hate Ruto. Almost all of the Adventure Mode missions which give her rewards (especially early on) are missions which require fighting bosses or small groups solo. Ruto really needs the hectic battlefields to shine, though. Her specials are really powerful (some insane screen clearing, especially from her XXXXXY combo), but she can be knocked out of almost all of them. So you need to practice good spacing and timing manipulation, or she'll get destroyed in a solo fight.

I'm also a bit surprised at how static she is. I'd expect a water character to play more fluidly, the way Midna an Fi do.

Currently I have Link, Darunia, Sheik, Impa, Ruto, Midna, Lana, Fi, and Zelda. I'm about to get Ghirahim and supposedly Agitha (I have the recruitment mission "unlocked" on Adventure Mode, but it's blocked by another unlocked mission that it just won't let me take for some reason). A lot of playable female characters (and they're all awesome).

The difficulty on Adventure Mode is really ramping up, but I have to say that I appreciate it. It's a good challenge. You definitely need some grinding for some missions, but learning how a character plays or how the mission goes is frequently way more important.

I do wish there were easier ways to gather high level materials. There are only like three missions where I can fight Lana, but I need a lot of her materials to finish Impa's badges. And that's just one character. I like the forced choice: "where should I spend that gold material I finally got?" (Stamina Fruit III, no question), but I do wish I had either shorter missions to get more, or access to a greater variety to fight her. Hopefully that will change as more missions unlock.

There's apparently a free patch coming that will make Cia, Wizzro, and Volga playable. Then we're getting new characters, weapons, and Adventure Mode maps in paid DLC. So awesome.

The inaccessible mission (spot C8 on the map, third row down, eight from the left) that appears to be fully active is my biggest complaint about this game. The second biggest is the awkward run animation Zelda gets in her Era of the Hero of Time (OoT) outfit.