Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'why won't you say anything' 'because i am scared of you.'

Greenie 'why won't you say anything' 'because i am scared of you.'

Dear The EoFF Final Fantasy Internet Forums Experience,

How shy are you? How do you find yourself in social situations? When going somewhere new, or when someone talks to you you've never met, are you able to speak to them freely and unhindered? Or are you like a small mouse, sitting in the corner, begging them with your sweet little eyes to leave you alone because they frighten you?

I used to be very shy as child, then it went away!

Now EoFF, this is a very special video. If you are shy, really it's okay. Listen to this song. If you do nothing else for yourself just listen to this song. Please don't worry about a thing.

Your friend, Alive-Man xxxxxxxxxxx

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am quite shy and socially awkward. I struggle to hold conversations with people I've just met or don't know particularly well.

But as anyone who knows me well, I don't shut up after a while of knowing me, so maybe you're better off having socially awkward Shauna!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll seldom be the one to start the conversation, but I can hold it well enough. After a while I'll talk your ear off.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I am quite shy and socially awkward. I struggle to hold conversations with people I've just met or don't know particularly well.

But as anyone who knows me well, I don't shut up after a while of knowing me, so maybe you're better off having socially awkward Shauna!
    I'm almost exactly like that! Except when I'm with my friends, I'm nearly always the one who starts the conversation.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I do not have a problem talking to people. I just go with the flow of things.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like most EoFFers, I'm pretty shy and introverted, but I can fake it when I need to in situations where I am networking. I am very outgoing with people I'm close with.

I don't think of myself as being particularly shy, but I certainly don't do well when I have to speak to crowds of people. One on one, I don't mind having a conversation with a random stranger, so long as I know something about what's being discussed.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Like most EoFFers, I'm pretty shy and introverted, but I can fake it when I need to in situations where I am networking. I am very outgoing with people I'm close with.
    About the same as me! I can easily appear to be outgoing and sociable and I do well in crowds and groups, but it gives me anxiety all the same and I'd sooner prefer to not say anything at all. I'm good at hiding my discomfort, though, which is why I think I do well in social situations.

Yeah, I still feel terribly shy but don't really act that way. It just creates all this bad energy inside me that I can only get out by listening to The Mad Capsule Markets naked in my living room and pouring soya milk on my knees and feet

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to not be at all shy but since I've moved and my depression has worsened I find myself being very socially awkward. If I spend too long around people I don't know I start to cry

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Depends. I feel awkward sometimes with people who are much louder and more confident, or if I'm with a group where everyone already knows each other and I'm on the outskirts, but generally-speaking I'm not shy.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh you know what I hate is when you're quiet because you don't want to talk to anyone and then someone draws the whole rooms attention to you by saying something like "Gee you're quiet!" out loud for everyone to hear.

Or when you're happily on the sidelines and someone drags you in to a conversation you don't want to be in and everyone is staring at you waiting for you to respond.

I used to be horribly shy, like when I was back in grade school. I graduated and got a job talking to and dealing with the public and it totally changed how I am.

I am however, completely phone shy. I nearly go into anxiety attacks whenever I'm forced to even think about calling someone I don't know. It's very debilitating. :/

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm horribly horribly shy and just completely terrible in social situations. Like spending the whole time pretending to text terrible. I've tried removing my crutches by leaving behind the phone, cutting my hair out of my face, leaving myself no easy excuse to suddenly leave, not carrying anything I can fiddle with, and I've learned that what happens in this situation where I'm forced to socialize is I am just plain off and say things that cause people to make this weird confused face or I'm just kind of a bitch. I've been wondering lately if I don't have an actual developmental disorder

In the past couple of years I've become a better "sprinter" where I can pretend to be normal or even make a genuine connection for short conversations, but for extended periods of time like at a quiet party I am a mess. Dates are weird. I have to turn the brain-mouth filter completely off and be a manic pixie lady, so only crazy guys wanna see me again, and sometimes it works out that their crazy complements my crazy.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm extremely shy. I hardly can talk to people I don't know. I'll almost never start a conversation w/ anybody & when I do talk to people, I rarely look @ their faces.