Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo did you know that kmart still exists

When was the last time you went to Kmart? I actually went recently for... I can't remember what for, like travel shampoo I think, because I didn't want to deal with the wal-mart parking lot.

What are some dying stores in your area that SHOCK YOU when you realize they are still around?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gotto be this little store near my place that sells expired products. I think there is still market for expired products as people do need to poison one another sometimes.

Blog Entries

K Mart has gone way downhill.. At least in Nashville..

I remember back when I was little, K Mart was way nicer than Wal Mart. My mom actually preferred shopping there (this was back before Super Wal Mart was a thing).. And they had their little food area before Wal Mart did.. My dad would often take me there for lunch & shopping whenever we skipped school together.

Last time I was in a K Mart was with a friend/co-worker to go fill a fake script for Roxies. He'd somehow stolen a dr's rx pad and would write his own rx and get it filled there .. The pharmacists never checked to see if they were valid and that location was frequented by crack heads cuz ghetto part of town. lol

There's still blockbuster? They got bought out by DiSH network and they just use the name for their pay per view movies...

I work at Kmart and I am actually am losing my job on the 6th of July. Our store is closing and rumors are that they're pulling out of the Flint area entirely in the next year or two, that'd be a total of 4-5 stores (depending on if this other one is considered in this area or not).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had no idea Shopko or Fred Meyer still existed until a couple of years ago.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I go to Kmart every now and then to check out the video games. Sometimes they'll have good finds in the $20 and below bins, even if only because no one else thinks to look there. Or really enter the store at all.

They're killing me with those music prices, though. I'm not one to pay $17 for a disc with 10 songs on it.

Little chefs are pretty weird to see idk if they still exist i havent looked

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post
    Little chefs are pretty weird to see idk if they still exist i havent looked
    They're called RoadChefs now.

It sort of feels wrong not seeing Little Chefs everywhere.

Blog Entries

There's two like two towns over from me. One of my ex's worked at one for awhile.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

The last time I saw K-Mart was ..... years ago. I think I drove past it. As for actually going inside one, that's too distant in my memory.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I haven't been to a K-Mart in over a decade. I think Sears owns them, which is probably why they suck.

Last weekend one of my cousins brought up Venture for some reason, which hasn't been around in forever. That brought to mind Zayer's, which hasn't been around in about 20 years. Then I thought of Service Merchandise & Woolworth's, the later I greatly miss, because I got many of my old video games there, in particular my Sega Genesis.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

the later I greatly miss, because I got many of my old video games there, in particular my Sega Genesis
    Did you used to blow the cartridges to get the thing to work?

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I haven't been to a K-Mart in over a decade. I think Sears owns them, which is probably why they suck.
    According to Wikipedia - "Kmart (sometimes stylized as K-Mart) is an American chain of discount department stores headquartered in Illinois, United States. The chain purchased Sears in 2005, forming a new corporation under the name Sears Holdings Corporation."

So I suppose it is the other way around. Anyways I knew they still existed(*if only in a state of unlife). . . but it has been a long while since I have seen one.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    According to Wikipedia - "Kmart (sometimes stylized as K-Mart) is an American chain of discount department stores headquartered in Illinois, United States. The chain purchased Sears in 2005, forming a new corporation under the name Sears Holdings Corporation."

So I suppose it is the other way around. Anyways I knew they still existed(*if only in a state of unlife). . . but it has been a long while since I have seen one.
    Well, I guess that's why Sears sucks.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

We have a lot of Kmarts here, and they are owned by the company I work for so I get discounts when I buy stuff there.

I'm still surprised whenever I see a video (well, dvd now) rental place still operating. Most of those closed down, but a few managed to make it through. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are other places I've seen and have been shocked.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.