Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Towels

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Towels

So, we got into a weird semi-discussion at work about how often one uses a single towel. Apparently I am out of the norm for only drying myself once or twice before washing it.

How many times do you dry yourself with a single towel after you bathe?
    What is the norm? Has a numerical difference ever caused tension between yourself and a significant other?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

I dont think thats out of the norm at all. When i was living with my family id only use a towel 2-3 times max.

That said im currently living with my partner and we go through ~3 towels a week. However since we don't pay too much attention we might end up both using the same towel most of the week before realising how grim its gotten. Mostly this is down to us only having a few towels and being too lazy to wash them more than once a week.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I will use a towel until I can smell a "mildewy" smell. But I never use a towel to like dry my hair with (I wring my hair out as best as I can and then tie it up in my knot), so that stretches out towel use quite a bit.

And right now, Jay and I have our laundry done like once every other week and we'll use our same towels pretty much that whole time. I mean, you're clean when you use them.. Just make sure you hang them to dry so that air will be well circulated through the material (like spreading them over the shower curtain rod).. That's what mostly keeps the smellies away. When you wad up a towel and throw it in a corner, then it creates the mildew.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We take a shower everyday and I switch out towels once a week

Blog Entries

I switch them out weekly, but that's only a habit I picked up after I had moved in with my then-girlfriend. Prior to that, I used to use same towel for weeks and weeks...maybe even a month or so.

I don't think I've ever washed my gym towel either. O_O

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can wash towels?! :o

Seriousness aside, I'm pretty bad with it. I'll use it until I feel it's just making me dirtier as I dry. xD

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm a guy that really apprecaites neat, tidy, orderly things I suppose. So left on my own, I think I used to wash my towel after using it 3-4 times at the most.

Also, what do you do with the towel once it's too dirty to dry off with? I move it to the floor in front of the shower stall. The one that was already on the floor goes to the hamper, and a fresh towel goes on the rack.

I can't be the only one that follows this rotation, but shion prefers specific towels for the floor.

I use the same towel twice before washing it. First time I use it for my head and body, second time on my legs, butt n stuff and then I get new one.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Also, what do you do with the towel once it's too dirty to dry off with? I move it to the floor in front of the shower stall. The one that was already on the floor goes to the hamper, and a fresh towel goes on the rack.

I can't be the only one that follows this rotation, but shion prefers specific towels for the floor.
    Damn I posted before I read your comment. It's pretty much the same rotation for me

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    Has a numerical difference ever caused tension between yourself and a significant other?
    That made me laugh.. has this actually happened?

As for me, usually 2 or 3 times.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I use a towel once. No particular reason. I take it to my bedroom with me and when I want to take a shower the next day, I just get another towel from the closet.

Throw it in the hamper. Let the hamper fill for a week or two then do a load of towels in the wash

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I literally cannot understand people who use their towels more than once. I think that's smurfing disgusting. I mean understand they don't want to do laundry or only have one towel, but just get a set of towels. My bf uses his and only washes it once or twice a month. It always smells horrible because of that. I come from a household where we have a closet full of towels so there is no excuse for you to reuse it.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've gotten to the point where I don't like to use a towel more than twice. After that they get a funky smell. And I've got four towels, so it works out perfectly if I use one every two days.

Though I'm prolly going to need to get a couple more for gym towels...

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe this is gross but I use it til it gets the slightest hint of funk, which is once a week probably. I am going to rub my towels all over shiny.

Signature by rubah. I think.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

This thread could get out of hand if CKs aren't careful. I mean, foa's rubbing towels on Shiny now, there's all this talk of funk, what's next?

I use separate towels for different body parts. I don't want scrote water on my face! So one towel for head/face, one for torso, etc. I guess there's a flaw in my system, because the next day I just rotate the towels. So torso towel becomes leg/crotch towel becomes head towel becomes torso towel. But, in my defense, there's like a whole day in between, so the funk on each towel is like all dried up and won't be as likely to rub off on me. Yesterday's faded junk funk on my face is acceptable. Today's fresh junk funk is not.

You see how this thread could get out of hand. Do you SEE!?

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    This thread could get out of hand if CKs aren't careful. I mean, foa's rubbing towels on Shiny now, there's all this talk of funk, what's next?

I use separate towels for different body parts. I don't want scrote water on my face! So one towel for head/face, one for torso, etc. I guess there's a flaw in my system, because the next day I just rotate the towels. So torso towel becomes leg/crotch towel becomes head towel becomes torso towel. But, in my defense, there's like a whole day in between, so the funk on each towel is like all dried up and won't be as likely to rub off on me. Yesterday's faded junk funk on my face is acceptable. Today's fresh junk funk is not.

You see how this thread could get out of hand. Do you SEE!?
    Eh why not just use one towel, start with head, then torso, then junk O_o