Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Switching Party Members confirmed! (EDIT: No longer confirmed. Quite anticonfirmed.)

Default Switching Party Members confirmed! (EDIT: No longer confirmed. Quite anticonfirmed.)

Or Membro's as i call them Here's a link: http://squareportal.net/2014/09/30/y...al-fantasy-xv/ . Here's tha jist:
    "Sony has released the latest trailers from Tokyo Game Show 2014 on the Japanese PlayStation Store. Alongside many other titles, Final Fantasy XV makes an appearance as “TGS2014 Special Trailer”. The video itself is the same but the description confirms something we have been speculating for a long time: You can actually switch party members. Here is our translation of the description:
    Taking advantage of the next generation console’s specifications, characters can move around the entire screen and the traditional party battle of Final Fantasy games is evolved so you can enjoy battle even more strategically by switching party members.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Is this true?

If so, HYPE.

I'm looking forward to pulling off some of those fire combos with Ignis. I've even named my Ifrit on FFX HD after him haha.

Hopefully we see this at the extended talk show!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

While this is good news and suggests you will be able to switch party members, bear in mind we don't know who wrote this description. Was it an official Square Enix rep who confirmed the facts with Tabata? Was it a Sony person making an educated guess about what they saw?

Odds are it's an official description provided by SE, in which case rejoice rejoice for we have arrived at the land of milk and honey. Just take that honey with a pinch of salt for now

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

I REALLY hope it's legit, that you can switch party members who you control during battle, not just switching them in and out of your party. I can't rest until it's been clarified with those specific words.

Articles

FFXIV Character

If it's true we won't have long to wait, I'm sure they'd show it at the extended demonstration on the 2nd October.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    I REALLY hope it's legit, that you can switch party members who you control during battle, not just switching them in and out of your party. I can't rest until it's been clarified with those specific words.
    Oh, I didn't think about it like that. Damn haha. Maaaaaybe I got a little ahead of myself
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I hope somebody will finally make a clear statement about that matter during the extended demo on Thursday. Or even better, show some demo of playing as the other characters; this would pretty much settle it.
    I still don't understand why Tabata would tell us that you can only control Noctis in this 4Gamer interview, and now this description on the PS Store says something completely different. Did Tabata mean that only the demo is restricted to Noctis being playable? Did he only intend to say that you can only control one character at the same time?
    The description given in the store sounds very promising and I really, really hope it's true, but I'm not convinced as long as there's no official and clear confirmation directly from SE.

This would be so great but I don't know if that really is true as only Noctis seems to warp around so that command would be not available during that time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Noctis is the only one that can warp, that command just wouldn't be available to anybody else.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Assuming it's true that's GREAT. That means it's still some sort of KH/FFXII mishmash.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Great news if true. That would take care of probably my biggest concern. I'm surprised this is even an issue in a modern day Final Fantasy game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My theory is that this means FFXII styled on-the-fly switching of party members who do their own thing based on your general instruction, minus the ability to switch between which character you are actually controlling the movement of.

But if it's a full on XII-styled switching of controlled character as well, all the better.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well, that's that. Tabata confirmed that you cannot switch characters during the talk show.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Well, that was a fun 2 days of speculation...

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

So, only Noctis is really playable? If so, that really sucks. =/

Yeah, apparently the description in the PS Store was a misunderstanding.
    Tabata said that after the last E3 trailer they decided that it would be "too complicated" to have switchable characters (whatever he meant by that). Says the man who gave us 14 playable characters in Type-0.