Thread: My winning streak!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default My winning streak!

Doesn't exist.

Competitions. Awards. I can think of few times that I have ever won anything.

I remember in school having ceremonies at the end of the year for those who performed the best in a given subject. I never won any. I got frickin' Certificates of Endeavour, which is essentially ruffling my hair and telling me that I'm pretty okay too.

I am also terribly unlucky when it comes to things like raffles and all that. Never won a single one in my life. xD Eh, they're usually for good causes, it's all fine.

Ah well, next time, right?!

What about you lot? Ever won an award? Prizes? Are you secretly a top tier chess player and have won many tournaments?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nope. No awards. Never entered a tournament or anything.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I can see it now.

"Shauna: She's pretty okay"

According to several ~totally trustworthy~ advertisements around the internet, I'm the lucky winner of a lot of money, several dates, free downloads and a couple game consoles. Now, if only I get around to filling out those surveys with my master card information.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When I was younger and actually tried in school I once got a certificate for being in the top 3% in the state for English as a subject. The local paper stuck me on the front page and everything (it was... a pretty small paper >.>), that's really the extent of it though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used to win a lot of awards for my art at school. I also once won a certificate for being the best at General Knowledge on our year 6 holiday/trip thing. Knew all the answers to random questions about stuff. Yep. I was cool.

I also won Best Member on an internet messaging board once, I know. I really am cool.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I won a sandcastle making competition in France when I was 8 or 9 Won some bubbles to blow, smurf yeah.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't call this winning anything, but in elementary school I always got an award thing for my grades and attendance. I got it every year along with a bunch of other kids. The vice principal who did the awards every year always mispronounced my name.

Also in Elementary school, I won a drawing at a soccer game. Only drawing I think I've ever won. It was for a $100 gift card to Price Chopper. My parents just took it to buy groceries and I never really got to do anything with it.

I won soccer tournaments in middle/high school. Also my soccer team outside of school that my dad coached often ended the season in first place.

I also got accepted to read a poem I wrote in a conference. Had an all expenses paid trip to New Orleans for it. This was my third year in college, and the poem was something that I wrote like Sophomore year in high school. It was crappy, but I didn't have any time to work on something new. Somehow it got accepted. The following year I actually worked hard to write a new thing to try to get into the conference. This piece was a thousand times better than my stupid poem, but I wasn't accepted for that one.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In Highschool I won multiple first in state awards for journalism related things.

I just won a free book from Goodreads Signed and it's an early copy, it's supposed to in the mail currently. It doesn't officially come out for a few weeks.

One time, when WoW teamed up with Mountain Dew they had this like point bid system. I put in of course for a laptop a computer a whole everything. Didn't win any of it. But i put a random like 5 points on a bag. Won the bag

I won the cooking contest on here!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Thumbs up

Won various awards for stuff in grade school, like grades & attendance.

Won an award @ an Academic Decathlon.

Won $600 in Vegas.

Won an autograph copy of TV Guide from the cast of The Big Bang Theory.

Won various trinkets from work for being error free.

Won a bobble head for winning Fantasy Football in '09.

Won a T-Shirt from another message board.

Won a game here.

Last thing that I won was an "Excellence in Physical Education" award in high school that was awkward because I was atop of my class and got that...
    However I have good luck with raffles, except it's not me who wins, I give my luck to whoever I'm talking to at the moment of the prize getting called. Due to this my girlfriend won disneyland tickets two years ago that was fun.

Blog Entries

I won a chicken dance competition at Dollywood when I was little. Scored tickets to Dixie Stampede's opening weekend for me and my family. Ha!

I won plenty of my swimming events back when I swam competitively.

Last night I completely owned the guys in both Rummy and Yahtzee (3 Yahtzees in the first game, wut!?).. Lol They were pissed. Mwahahaha.

Won honor roll all year in 4th grade- even though my teacher threatened to fail me for missing too much school .

Won a set of autographed photos of the Chinese VK band Silver Ash back when they were new and I joined their street team.

And of course my eoff forum awards. Most notably "Drunkest Member" & "Most Likely To Be Secretly Cooking Meth" xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I won a writing contest in the fourth grade and was sent to a university to attend a conference for it. I thought for some reason that I was "going on to the next level" of the competition so I wrote a whole new story for it and was pretty bummed out when I wasn't able to present it.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I won things sometimes but it wasn't without a great deal of effort or luck. I even won a raffle one time which had a $50 gift card and it was perfect timing because I was dead broke at the time. Used the money to get myself lunch and a metro card.

In high school I won an award for kindness I was proud! But kindness doesn't win you money in competitions, which is what I really want!! That never happens!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

- I won 'Guess the Best Screen Name' comp on here and Jiro sent me a cuddly tonberry
    - I won the Super Mario Bros gaming comp on here by a country f***ing mile. Dat Matt sent me Mario made out of beads.
    - I would have won the Super Mario Kart comp if I had not been playing the slower UK version. God damn Americans and their NTSC SNES consoles.
    - Best Newbie Ciddie
    - Most Underrated Ciddie
    - I won the heart of MissH which makes me luckier than any lottery winner on the planet.