Thread: The Street

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default The Street

I think my street is turning into an Australian Wisteria Lane.

A few months back one of our neighbours was just screaming her head off at about 8:30pm at night - it was so bad all the other neighbours came out and the police were even called. She really sounded like she was getting murdered or something. Turns out she was having a fight with her boyfriend and well, nothing had happened. Idk. Was scary as trout though I didn't want Pheesh to go outside in case there was a maniac with a knife or something... That's literally what it sounded like.

Just yesterday a drunk/high lady pulled up on the street and started tearing her hair out and slamming her head on the car. She started yelling and frightened Pheesh's Nonna - I eventually send Pheesh over to see if she's okay cos I was too scared and Nonna told me not to go over there.

Yeah, sometimes weird things happen on this street but mostly it's quiet except for our other neighbour who is gardening constantly at stupid times.

What is your street like?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I live in a nice, modest but new-looking suburban cul de sac with maintained lawns and a large park down the street. Families house kids from 4ish to teenagedom. There are some grandparents. Many of the vehicles are trucks or SUVs, and the ones that are a little older probably belong to the teenagers, but there are no dingy or beat up cars anywhere on the street. There are sporty play vehicles like four-wheelers and boats and the like. Sometimes a horse trailer or a motor home. In good weather, parents bring their folding chairs by the dozen or so to set up camp at the park while their kids play.

Also the kids smurfing run back and forth across the goddamn street NOT LOOKING EITHER WAY BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE APPARENTLY FAILURES so I have to inch along down my own street coming home from work at three miles an hour so I don't hit somebody's failure brood darting inbetween all of the trucks and SUVs parked on the side of the road which obstruct my view from the sidewalk.

People are nice and wave and say hi when Achilles and I pass them on walks. I do not know anyone's name or have conversations with them, other than to say hi.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Relatively quiet. Some times a person will be playing their music real loud at night, park in front of the mailbox, honk their horn because they're too lazy to get out and knock on the door, and we'll get some cop cars out here, but other than that it's not all bad. Though it seems most people don't know how to use a driveway and block part of the road coming out as a result.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, man.

I live on floor 24 of a big block of flats. It is situated on the corner of a large crossroads. In a small city of around 20 million. It is always loud. There are no crazy people, however.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Most of it hasn't been built yet! There's about 15 houses and at the end there's a giant gate to a very large construction yard where the rest of the street will be. It's an endless parade of construction vehicles and builders, though it has slowed slightly. I can't remember the last time That One Machine That Makes The House Shake When It Drives Past (or Brian as I like to call it) has driven past! It's just a supremely modern suburban street filled with middle class professionals and families.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My current street is pretty boring. There's an apartment complex (on my end) on one side, and a little neighborhood filled with new houses on the other. This whole side of town is still being built up, so it's crossed by another street that has been partially closed for months and has basically nothing else of note even on it. I guess they're building a church down at the end of it? The rest is just fields. There's a park in those fields somewhere.

My old street, in front of my dad's house, is considerably more interesting. It's directly across from the high school, so you could hear the marching band or track and field announcers. You could hear the cheers at night during big football games. Trying to get anywhere at about 4pm was a nightmare, though, because the whole street would just be a stream of teenagers driving home.

Also, no one on that street can drive (presumably because they're all teenagers) and I guess a car almost smashed into the house once but was stopped by a bush. That bush still has a huge chunk taken out of it.

Blog Entries

My road is quiet. Up a hill with woods and fields around me. And I'm like 100 meters from the Joseph Smith birthplace.

my neighbor shoots his rifle every Sunday. Other than that and cows mooing its pretty quiet. My dad lives up the hill more from me. I'm like a 5 minute drive down to town which is nice.
    Last edited by escobert; 01-23-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I live in a nice cul de sac at the very end where it curves. No one ever drives by because of that. All the houses are one-two car garaged and usually about 2-3 bedrooms and it's the nicer area in town. All my neighbors are old people but the one next to us. They have small kids. It's quiet. In fact, we're the "loud" neighbors because we have two large dogs. They are puppies, they play and bark when outside. Other than that it's relatively quiet.

We are near the hospital though so sometimes the life flight helicopter comes in above our house but our windows are great so we never notice it. You'll also occasionally hear the sirens for an ambulance. I just think there is some drama like in Grey's Anatomy going on.

Blog Entries

Our little community is relatively quiet, actually.

Even on the other side of the train going to the corner store, I don't ever see crazy stuff happening really. There's broke bitches that hang around asking for change/money for their crack sometimes, but yeah.

There's a lot of construction going on though as they're still building up more duplexes/apartments/whatever.

And there are a lot of ambulances and cops that drive by, but they're almost always going to the other side in the ghetto

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

I grew up in a suburb called Manning here in Perth. Had alot of government housing in the area so we had alot of issues. There was small stuff like rodents and other dead animals being thrown over the fence. There was a time someone took off down the street with our caravan (Luckily there car was so slow we managed to follow them 2 streets over where they got out and ran into a house)

Biggest one was when we woke up to a couple drunk natives trying to smash our front door in screaming for us to give them the keys to our cars......needless to say we ended up selling the house and moving further out of the city haha. Just built my first place in a private estate and it's absolutely quiet here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I live in the neighbourhood behind the main street, and it is surprisingly quiet despite that. I'm within walking distance to much stuff, including GameStop, much yay. It's very quiet and I don't often see my neighbours. The next door ones on the left have sharky paranoid that they left but I see them every few days. A few people wave when I go jogging or whatever

A lot of cats and dogs. Overall its a really nice neighbourhood and I like it a lot

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Omg!!! That is the kind of thing that would give me a heart attack and just kill me out of fear!!! :O I've been near Manning once it seemed quite nice! I got really lost and panicked walking around the Waterford Plaza looking for the right bus stop.

If anything like that ever happened to me, I'd be telling Pheesh he needs to get me a German Shepherd or I'm off back to the UK xD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    If anything like that ever happened to me, I'd be telling Pheesh he needs to get me a German Shepherd or I'm off back to the UK xD
    I'm about to have a vacancy for "nerdy former EoFF Editor who can cook" if you're interested. I mean, you're not ginger, but I'm sure I can look past it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Throw in a puppy and I'm sold.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post