• Former Editor

Cool Nintendo Direct Jan 2015

For those who don't want to watch:

New Fire Emblem

footage of Xenoblade Chronicles X

Puzzle Dragonz Z
    Puzzle Dragons Z with a Mario Skin
    Puzzle Dragons Z with a Pokemon Skin

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse footage. Detailed info on the Amiibo integration

Hyrule Warrios Majora's Mask DLC to include Tingle, Child Link with Fierce Deity Link, and new costumes

New Splatoon footage includes character customization

Mario Party 10 and it uses Amiibos

Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars

A Free to Play game by Namco announced, but no release date or title. Project title is Project Treasure

Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS

New 3DS with a c-stick Amiibo integration, and face tracking 3-D.

New special edition Majora's Mask 3DS

Codename Steam footage includes fire emblem amiibo support

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Ace Combat Assault Horizon with amiibo support that changes the skin of the plane.

Ultimate Monster Hunter 4 3DS bundle.

New Line of Amiibos coming for the Super Mario series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah was a pretty huge NDirect, my Twitter feed was blowing up about it all morning. Will definitely keep an eye on the Fire Emblem to see how it turns out.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty good feed. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks awesome.

My prediction for the Hyrule Warriors DLC actually was Young Link and Tingle. Tingle was the most obvious choice, but the mask mechanic had to come into play somewhere, and if it wasn't as a weapon for Link, Young Link seemed the obvious choice.

Also, new Fire Emblem. Hype hype hype hype HYPE! I am curious about the greater Eastern influence on this one. Samurai designs, paper buildings, etcetera. Plus, it does have me asking: "Where the heck is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?" But I don't really care, it's going to be fantastic. So looking forward to it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Also, new Fire Emblem. Hype hype hype hype HYPE! I am curious about the greater Eastern influence on this one. Samurai designs, paper buildings, etcetera. Plus, it does have me asking: "Where the heck is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?" But I don't really care, it's going to be fantastic. So looking forward to it.
    Chances are Atlus is stalling it because of Persona 5, that would be my guess anyway. Not that the announcement of a new Fire Emblem means their team isn't busy as well.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Tingle

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

waitwaitwait

SMTxFE is a thing?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    waitwaitwait

SMTxFE is a thing?
    It was announced a while ago with nothing except a concept teaser showing various characters. There has been no official word since except "we are still working on it".
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a very exciting Nintendo Direct. I only loved the beginning for Fire Emblem if (Japanese title, thus far). The rest didn't grab me, but Xenoblade Chronicles X do look really nice.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I still don't own a 3DS because I've been broke, but when I get some ducketts I will definitely get this new Majora's Mask 3DS. I guess being broke sort of helps because I've been able to wait for the best version of the system.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nothing here grabs me. Oh well.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Downloadable Wii titles is a plus. If you can also use your Gamepad in place of the wii classic controller in Wii games on the Wii U, that is a plus as well. That is what that part of the video was saying, right?

Edit: Anyone gonna go for the "New" 3DS XL now that it's coming out in the US soon?

I was excited for a Majora's Mask remake, but I don't know. A lot the changes sound like they're making time less of an issue in the game. From the adjusted Song of Time which throws time management out the window, to permanent owl saves which takes away some of the suspense of the three day cycle. I like having to do an entire cycle in one sitting!

I'll still think about it, but it looks like I may stick with the original. I didn't even get Ocarina of Time 3D! Mainly because they changed almost nothing to warrant me paying $50 when I have OoT/Master Quest for Gamecube. And Water Temple was awesome the way it was without colour coding!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, was it just me or did they also announce MM3D will be a New 3DS exclusive, just like Xenoblades Chronicle 3D. If that was the case, that really turned me down for the game. I want to get it, but if it's New 3DS exclusive, I'm not shelling out more for the new hardware, just yet.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bravely Proto View Post
    Oh, was it just me or did they also announce MM3D will be a New 3DS exclusive, just like Xenoblades Chronicle 3D. If that was the case, that really turned me down for the game. I want to get it, but if it's New 3DS exclusive, I'm not shelling out more for the new hardware, just yet.
    When announced they said it was also available for the 2DS, so I imagine it works on all 3DS models. I think they were showcasing it on the new model, that's all.

I did a quick google search just now and yeah, it will work on all models.