Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good recommendation for gaming Headset.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I use the Turtle Beach Z11 and really can't fault it. The audio quality is great and you really feel the bass with it. The mic quality isn't as good as you'd get from a condenser microphone, but for gaming you don't really want to be using a condenser anyway. If you've seen the L4D2 videos that's the one I'm using in those. The price of that also comes nowhere near hitting your budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    The sound quality will usually be good enough no matter what you pick. The microphone is where some headsets fail, I think. Get one that doesn't let in a lot of noise from your surroundings.
    You can always change the microphone sensitivity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCLFFF13 View Post
    The sound quality will usually be good enough no matter what you pick. The microphone is where some headsets fail, I think. Get one that doesn't let in a lot of noise from your surroundings.
    So the closed headset would be best then? Okay
    Thanks Mirage
    No. "closed headset" refers to the speaker elements in them, not the microphone.

@quin Idk about you but I find it really annoying to have to keep track of where my face is in relation to the microphone. It's just a lot more convenient to always have the mic at the exact same position. If you're worried about mouthbreathing, there is usually a feature where you have to push a button to activate the mic.

@psy Changing the sensitivity won't change the microphone characteristics. If you have one that picks up the same amount of sound from every direction, it will still do so with a lower sensitivity. Ideally, you want one that almost only picks up sound from the direction where your mouth is.
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-19-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Hello, I highly recommend not forking over bajillions for the super classy gaming headsets and whatnot if you're only after a mic. I'd suggest looking at microphones that are compatible with games and just use them. Will almost certainly be cheaper than a quality headset, and will often have better sound quality besides. Also, you don't have to worry about mouthbreathing through the mic when it's not hanging on your lips!

Just something to look into.
    Well yeah, want to search something more cheaper, but with decent sound or audio quality, I don't know which one. But my interest goes to the HyperX Cloud not too expensive, but not too cheap either. Sennheiser PC350, a bit more expensive, but has that noise cancellation feature. Audio Technica ATH-AG1 extremely expensive, the feature, I don't really know, but better looking

But thanks Quin
    Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I personally needed a soundcard for my speakers but, you shouldn't for headphones.

I use these http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G230-.../dp/B00BFOEY4I
    It looks pretty cool too. And a lot more cheaper than HyperX Cloud. I'm gonna look up for it's video review.
    Thanks escobert

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I use the Turtle Beach Z11 and really can't fault it. The audio quality is great and you really feel the bass with it. The mic quality isn't as good as you'd get from a condenser microphone, but for gaming you don't really want to be using a condenser anyway. If you've seen the L4D2 videos that's the one I'm using in those. The price of that also comes nowhere near hitting your budget.
    You can always change the microphone sensitivity.
    The Turtle Beach is a lot lot more cheaper than HyperX Cloud. Yeah, it will totally save me some money if I get that.
    Thanks Psychotic
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielCLFFF13 View Post
    So the closed headset would be best then? Okay
    Thanks Mirage
    No. "closed headset" refers to the speaker elements in them, not the microphone.
    something like the noise cancellation, is it?

Blog Entries

I'll tell you the logitech set I showed you is worth the price. I've always gone with cheaper headsets and finally gave in and got these. And I paid $20 more than what they want now. They are very comfortable, the sound is decent, mic seems to work fine and I don't have issues with it picking up TV shows playing on my laptop right next to me. The cord is threaded so it's good and sturdy. Again, definitely worth the money.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll also say that I bought Turtle Beach ...something or other... X11? I don't know the name. But yeah, great quality headphones, and very decent mic.