View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy X-2

    15 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy

    15 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: EoFF Ranks Final Fantasy Round 1 - FFX-2 vs Final Fantasy

  1. #1
    Formally Mr. Shauna Dat Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Posts
    4,829
    Articles
    77

    Default EoFF Ranks Final Fantasy Round 1 - FFX-2 vs Final Fantasy

    Round 2 - Final Fantasy X-2 vs Final Fantasy


    vs.


  2. #2
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Gonna have to give this one to the original. I like X-2, but I like the original a whole lot more.

  3. #3
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    X-2 homeslice

  4. #4
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    out of the 9 i have completed. 1 is my least favourite. however i played a bit of X-2 and it was pretty good. really tough choice for me but.....uh... i... choose FF1. though FFx-2 is pretty good too. ( heh they both use job systems-ish)

    hey maybe this time there will be alot less "no voters"
    Lady Jen and Me <3

  5. #5
    Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the land of Scots
    Posts
    20,405
    Articles
    52
    Blog Entries
    1

    FFXIV Character

    Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

    Default


  6. #6
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,551
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    FFX-2! What a great game! Sure it's campy and dumb, but it's a really good time and the battle system is fantastic.
    mfw you post

  7. #7
    Formally Mr. Shauna Dat Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Posts
    4,829
    Articles
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    hey maybe this time there will be alot less "no voters"
    The issue with the bottom left bracket is everything is pretty niche. Next two round will get a lot of votes though~

  8. #8
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    hey maybe this time there will be alot less "no voters"
    The issue with the bottom left bracket is everything is pretty niche. Next two round will get a lot of votes though~
    oh god i hope none of my top 3 are fighting each other yet lol. that will be a harder decision than this one
    Lady Jen and Me <3

  9. #9
    fat_moogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,705
    Articles
    10

    FFXIV Character

    Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Final Fantasy may have been where it all started but I barely played it. X-2 on the other hand I completed and I actually enjoyed playing through it. That's not to say that I didn't cringe at certain parts of the game xD But it's fun to play and the battles are fast and fluid. The story might have ruined the ending for X but with it enabled a half decent story to come out of it, and I enjoyed finding out about Shuyin and Lenne. Talking of them, the 1000 Words cutscene is probably one of my favourite cutscenes in a Final Fantasy game.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

  10. #10
    Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Posts
    5,516
    Articles
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    dam_matt, ur making me choose betwixt my children! I think I'll have to go w/ X_2 for sassy Yuna.

  11. #11
    Feel the Bern Del Murder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    40,712
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Do you intend to make a new thread for every poll by design? There are ways to change the poll in a thread to give the discussions more flow and not flood this forum with a bunch of four post poll threads, but it requires moderation powers in this forum. It's a matter of preference.

    Anyway, I knew X-2 would win because X is popular and people have finally realized it has the best battle system of any FF, but the story, characters, and setting were really grating and I'm old school at heart, so I threw the original some love.

    Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

  12. #12
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Anyway, I knew X-2 would win because X is popular and people have finally realized it has the best battle system of any FF, but the story, characters, and setting were really grating and I'm old school at heart, so I threw the original some love.
    Yeah, this was going to be a massacre, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted for 1.

  13. #13
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Anyway, I knew X-2 would win because X is popular and people have finally realized it has the best battle system of any FF, but the story, characters, and setting were really grating and I'm old school at heart, so I threw the original some love.
    Yeah, this was going to be a massacre, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted for 1.
    if we are 3 warriors of light then.. who is the final warrior of light?
    Lady Jen and Me <3

  14. #14
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Anyway, I knew X-2 would win because X is popular and people have finally realized it has the best battle system of any FF, but the story, characters, and setting were really grating and I'm old school at heart, so I threw the original some love.
    Yeah, this was going to be a massacre, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted for 1.
    if we are 3 warriors of light then.. who is the final warrior of light?
    Whoever just voted for FFI.

  15. #15
    Killer of Conversations Galuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Shot land.
    Posts
    3,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Galuf Luna (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Anyway, I knew X-2 would win because X is popular and people have finally realized it has the best battle system of any FF, but the story, characters, and setting were really grating and I'm old school at heart, so I threw the original some love.
    Yeah, this was going to be a massacre, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted for 1.
    if we are 3 warriors of light then.. who is the final warrior of light?
    Whoever just voted for FFI.
    aye i know.. but who voted for FF 1 ( apart from us 3). Show yourselves! or be executed for Treason!
    Lady Jen and Me <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •