Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!

Default Road Trip!

I think there was a thread recently about road trips but I can't find it.

Me and a friend have driven from south Wales to Blackpool, to Carlisle, to Edinburgh, to Inverness and are currently in John O Groats and will be enjoying some hearty Scottish food. Then we're travelling back down through Glasgow and beyond.

Anyone else here a huge road trip fan? Or will you be road trippin' anywhere anytime soon?

Also, if you have any road trip advise or suggestions on where to stop off on my way back south then I'm all ears!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not a huge road trip fan if I'm honest, I much prefer a nice train journey

I dunno which way you're coming back but Lake District is always gorgeous (you may have already passed through there!) and the North Wales coast is always a lovely sight.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Through Glasgow? And you're not gonna stop by your favourite Glaswegians? How cruel. :3

Matt and I keep saying we are going to Road Trip to visit some nerds, but we have done nothing of the sort so far. Maybe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Through Glasgow? And you're not gonna stop by your favourite Glaswegians? How cruel. :3
    Oh man I totally forgot you guys lived in Glasgow! We should meet up for food or something!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

When will you be in the area?

Thursday late afternoon, Friday morning.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Could feasibly hit up town on Thursday evening and have dinner with a fine gentleman such as yourself! But I think we will take this to a one on one discussion.

Back to talking about Coach Trip or whatever.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yar and I are taking a road trip to the coast this weekend! Then my mam is coming to visit and we are taking the same trip then. More road trips coming this summer include to the Redwood National Forest in California, Seattle, British Columbia Canada, and San Francisco in September! Plus possibly several other scattered little trips to the coast between those.

I love road trips

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Best road trip advice: stretch a lot or your legs will hate you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not a fan of being in the car for long periods of time.

Road trips are hell on a 6'5 frame, but fun nonetheless. I'm due for another soon.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Never really had the desire to do it as an adult because my parents took me on road trips a few times growing up. That said, I did have fun. Basically the most memorable one was driving to Phoenix, Arizona then to Vegas, then back to Phoenix (I don't want to explain, but this made sense). On the way there we took a route that went through the upper portion of the country. On the way back we took a route that went through the lower portion of the country.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I love road trips. I drove a friend of a family member from E. Kentucky to Colorado last month and it was glorious. Driving back solo and dead tired (especially through Kansas) was decidedly less glorious, but I still enjoyed it and would do it non-stop if I could earn a living doing it. i.e. If someone--doesn't matter who--asked me right now at 3a.m. to drive them to Florida, California, Alaska, doesn't matter where, I'd do it no questions asked.

I want to do a coast-to-coast trip at some point. Bucket list type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Yar and I are taking a road trip to the coast this weekend! Then my mam is coming to visit and we are taking the same trip then. More road trips coming this summer include to the Redwood National Forest in California, Seattle, British Columbia Canada, and San Francisco in September! Plus possibly several other scattered little trips to the coast between those.

I love road trips
    There was also spontaneous San Diego getaway 2012 which was pretty much awesome. Road trips with this girl are pretty much a guaranteed great adventure

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevala View Post
    Road trips are hell on a 6'5 frame, but fun nonetheless. I'm due for another soon.
    They are also hell on a 5'1'' frame especially when you're forced to be in a third seat of a truck with no real third seat and have to scrunch your legs because there's no leg room whatsoever for an 18 hour ride. NEVER AGAIN. I seriously should've donkey punched my parents for that one.