Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yooka-Laylee

Default Yooka-Laylee

So, Project Ukulele has been unveiled. The spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie now exists as Yooka-Laylee, starring a chameleon and a bat. We've also gotten the first few screenshots.

yookatweetjpg-ec2c31.jpg
    original.jpg
    large.jpg
    yooka-laylee.jpg
    CD2n-3hWAAE4VBl.png

I think Yooka is the bat...

It's been confirmed to have a Wii U release upcoming, and it looks very pretty so far.

Anyway, this thread is for discussion of what you're looking for in this game, and other upcoming news info for it.

Source.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looks great, I know a lot of people have been hoping for this for a long time.

I don't know anything about Playtonic; are people that worked on the original Banjo games part of the company?

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    I don't know anything about Playtonic; are people that worked on the original Banjo games part of the company?
    Playtonic is essentially a group of old Rareware veterans who banded together to make more great games like the ones they used to make. They aren't just "part" of the company, Banjo veterans basically ARE the company.

The Team.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Excellent.
    While I was never particularly fond of Rare's 3D outings, excepting Conker's Bad Fur Day, I recognize the quality of their titles and why people loved them. Hopefully this game will live up to people's expectations.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is it coming out for anything else, or just Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Unknown at this point. More information will be available when the Kickstarter launches tomorrow.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Unknown at this point. More information will be available when the Kickstarter launches tomorrow.
    -crosses fingers- Please land on a platform I have.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Hahahaha I love how it's so blatantly connected to B-K with the logo and everything.

Which I'm fine with of course. Hope this game lives up to the hype B-K is one of my all time faves.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I hope they try to make another 2D platformer too.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was really excited as I thought this thread was going to be about ukuleles

I was about to start waffling about Jake Shimabukuro and how is he my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    -crosses fingers- Please land on a platform I have.
    "If funded, Yooka-Laylee will be released for Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Wii U. However, the exact release timing and scope of each version will be determined by the success of this Kickstarter campaign and specifically, our stretch goals."

The Kickstarter has been open barely half an hour. It's already over goal by more than $60,000.

Kickstarter Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I was really excited as I thought this thread was going to be about ukuleles

I was about to start waffling about Jake Shimabukuro and how is he my hero.
    There will be ukulele music in the game, if that's any consolation.

EDIT: This Edit comes about four minutes after my original post. They have since raised another $25,000.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh heck yeah, Banjo Kazooie was my fav. Those platformers were the best. They really stopped making them and that's sad. Glad they are doing this!

It took me 13 posts to catch on to the musical instrument theme. I'm not a clever man.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have never Banjo nor Kazooie'd, but damn they've almost got £.5mil on that Kickstarter.