Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh... So Splatoon?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Uh... So Splatoon?

I guess there isn't a thread for this game yet, so I'll go ahead and make one.

Anyone around here excited about Nintendo's newest game that's coming out later this month? It's a 4-on-4 online third-person shooter where you play as these squid kids commonly known as Inklings. There are two variations, a boy and a girl. I must be the only one super hyped about it, but I want to find out if there are any others on this forum. So, are there? Let's try to talk about Splatoon.

I can answer questions if anyone have any. I know plenty about the game to help anyone who is on the fence about this game.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

i've heard of this. looked moderately interesting. not sure if it's enough to make me play a game where you aim with a controller stick, though
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are two ways to aim actually. One way is with the controller stick, and another was is half motion controlled, where you tilt the gamepad slightly to aim up and down and use the stick to aim left and right. It takes some time to get used to, but it's seemingly more accurate.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It looks interesting. I haven't really explored it or played that preview thingy, but I remember being impressed by the Nintendo Direct video they put out. I'll probably check it out sooner or later officially. Got other stuff on my gaming plate for now!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm super excited for this. I have some friends that played during that hour long test fire thing they did a few days ago, and I only heard positive things about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's actually another round that will take place this Saturday. I don't know if I'll get to play it again then, but I have played two and half hours of the first round earlier this month. It was incredibly fun. I'm actually glad that you're just as excited as I am, Scotty!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I doubt I'll get to try out the game during these things, but I'm definitely picking it up when it comes out. If I can ever play my Wii U again, we should definitely play it together sometime, Proto.

I will say I've been excited since they first announced this game. It's looked super fun.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One of the things that strongly appealed to me was the character designs. I really like them, and they make for great fan arts. :>

Just take a look.

And the cool thing is you can switch from boy to girl and reverse at any point.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

For me; it would be fun and interesting to play if I was still 12-13 years of age, with friends, having a sleepover. I don't see the appeal of paint balling random online nobodies bullseye in the virtual face. Speaking as someone with no real-life close friends to play video games with, Splatoon would get boring after an hour or two.

The game looks good though if you have the means to play it and attention span to get your money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    For me; it would be fun and interesting to play if I was still 12-13 years of age, with friends, having a sleepover. I don't see the appeal of paint balling random online nobodies bullseye in the virtual face. Speaking as someone with no real-life close friends to play video games with, Splatoon would get boring after an hour or two.

The game looks good though if you have the means to play it and attention span to get your money's worth.
    In terms of "attention span", this game is actually more engaging than almost any other online shooter I've played.

The constant mechanic of spreading paint means that there's never any down time in a match, and it also means that you have to know when to press the attack, and when to focus on spreading paint and expanding territory.

I'm mostly looking forward to it for the single player, though.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Nico was telling me about this. I missed the test but I'll definitely try it when it comes out! I'm not too keen on shooters but this looks really easy to pick up and play.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post

In terms of "attention span", this game is actually more engaging than almost any other online shooter I've played.

The constant mechanic of spreading paint means that there's never any down time in a match, and it also means that you have to know when to press the attack, and when to focus on spreading paint and expanding territory.

I'm mostly looking forward to it for the single player, though.
    Yeah, it's not just trying to "splat" others to win, but in the Turf Wars, your team needs to claim the most turf in their color, and it gets really hectic fast. One second your team could be in the lead, the next the other team takes the lead. It's not just your regular shooter. If you're not good taking out others, you can help by claiming turf for your team.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

A dude on YouTube I follow (The Completionist) is going to review it this coming Friday. I feel he has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't rely on being overly negative for the sake of the "angry guy online" novelty or as an easy way to make his show more comedic. Anyway, I'm getting more hyped for it as each day passes by, but I agree with the dude a lot, so I'm going to see what he has to say about it.