Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [E3 2015] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE FOR PS4. GET HYPED

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I think if people want a like-for-like facsimile of FFVII then they're going to be disappointed. It's been 20 years, there's nothing wrong with changing and adding things. For one, they're surely going scrap all of the towns and map layouts as they were designed for PS1. If they have brand new HD layouts for the likes of Midgar - and have it be a real bustle! - and Cosmo Canyon that capture the original feel it'd be incredible.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Resident Evil Remake added stuff that wasn't in the original and look how well that turned out.

I'm really liking the idea of possibly being able to explore more of Midgar this time around. They had how many sectors? Eight? And we only saw a couple of them in the original game? Imagine being able to explore all of the sectors in-between the main quest. That'd be smurfing awesome! Make the reveal that Midgar is just one town an even bigger mindblown moment than in the original.

Also, remember how awesome it was seeing those giant summons in FFXV?

Imagine the Weapons getting the same treatment. Holy troutballs that'd be awesome and terrifying all at once, especially the way Ruby and Emerald were introduced. Emerald Weapon's appearance was scary enough with the polygons, I can't imagine how crazy it'd be with current gen tech.
    Last edited by Ayen; 06-17-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I like to think that during their rehab of sorts they realized, "People want a FFVII Remake. Let's give it to them." Of course, that means there's no way it's coming out by 2017 with how big of a project it'd be, but I'm not bothered. We'll probably get the HD port or something in 2017.
    Remember the PC port they trolled us with last year? Nomura has said that the remake was in the works before that, so it's been at least a year in development already. With that in mind I can see it coming in 2017, assuming they're using the XV game engine (not having to build a game engine knocks a good 2/3 years off a development).

EDIT: I read further and see you have already discovered that. ^^

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm excited. Interesting that everyone is saying 'is this detail in it, is that detail in it'. If you want everything that was in the original FFVII then go play it again. It's still pretty good.

I do expect they'll retain the spirit of the original and keep the major events and gameplay intact. They may update the ATB to be a quicker or more automated but I don't expect it to be an action RPG or anything like that. SE has lost our faith in many ways but they're not completely lost.

I wonder if this announcement means that they are officially out of ideas. I always expect them to do this as the last effort to save the company.
    I agree with pretty much all this. Both the excitement, and the "out of ideas" part. I'd say the current creative team at Square-Enix don't really have what it takes to make something new with a similar scope and immersion compared to their earlier successes. But those earlier successes were so significant that they perhaps deserve a re-telling. Like others are saying, it'd be great to have a chance to explore that world in more detail, seeing more of Midgar and everywhere else. Minor story edits sounds like a good thing, too, if they're used only to remove ambiguity or confusion.

Oddly, you can already pre-order the game even though it doesn't yet have a release year, let alone a release date: https://www.ebgames.co.nz/ps4-208749...-PlayStation-4

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I like to think that during their rehab of sorts they realized, "People want a FFVII Remake. Let's give it to them." Of course, that means there's no way it's coming out by 2017 with how big of a project it'd be, but I'm not bothered. We'll probably get the HD port or something in 2017.
    Remember the PC port they trolled us with last year? Nomura has said that the remake was in the works before that, so it's been at least a year in development already. With that in mind I can see it coming in 2017, assuming they're using the XV game engine (not having to build a game engine knocks a good 2/3 years off a development).

EDIT: I read further and see you have already discovered that. ^^
    When browsing elsewhere I see some people are calling bulltrout on Nomura's statements, so I hope they're proven wrong when we get more information about the game. Japan has been guilty of stranger things, so I have no reason to believe Nomura is lying.

I hope they're using the same game engine, too. Not sure why they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Oddly, you can already pre-order the game even though it doesn't yet have a release year, let alone a release date: https://www.ebgames.co.nz/ps4-208749...-PlayStation-4
    That's pretty weird. Even I would wait for a release date before pre-ordering.

When browsing elsewhere I see some people are calling bulltrout on Nomura's statements, so I hope they're proven wrong when we get more information about the game. Japan has been guilty of stranger things, so I have no reason to believe Nomura is lying.
    What are they suggesting?

As you say, unless they have specific evidence to suggest he's lying - he probably isn't. It seems pretty likely he was taken off XV specifically to work on VII and when did Tabata take over XV? Late 2013? 2014? I imagine when that happened, that's the moment where pre-production on VII started.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

What are they suggesting?

As you say, unless they have specific evidence to suggest he's lying - he probably isn't. It seems pretty likely he was taken off XV specifically to work on VII and when did Tabata take over XV? Late 2013? 2014? I imagine when that happened, that's the moment where pre-production on VII started.
    Just things like questioning it because of the teaser, and then one guy going on a long, winded anti-Nomura rant about him always making excuses, etc. Probably wasn't worth bringing up now that I think about it.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I'd just like to take this chance to remind everyone that Clouds head is the logo for FFVII:

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Looks more like Wakka, tbh.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"All of this machina in Midgar is bad. We're going to blow up the reactor, ya?"

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

You know it's big news when a game announcement makes the front page of the BBC.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33159918

Hot damn, I may have to buy a PS4 now... after building up my gaming PC too!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Buy it when the game is released. It'll have dropped maybe over a hundred bucks.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

I hate to be that guy, since FFVII is cool and all, but where's my Final Fantasy VI remake, huh? I'd be first in line for that, and I wouldn't be for this.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Also, remember how awesome it was seeing those giant summons in FFXV?

Imagine the Weapons getting the same treatment. Holy troutballs that'd be awesome and terrifying all at once, especially the way Ruby and Emerald were introduced. Emerald Weapon's appearance was scary enough with the polygons, I can't imagine how crazy it'd be with current gen tech.
    I didn't even think of that. Chasing down Ultima with the airship is going to be fun or at least look a lot better.