Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5 Concerns About the Final Fantasy VII Remake Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    The FF13 trilogy had a 16+ rating, so they're certainly not afraid of it.
    Where? Not here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, if it was okay in 1997 I'm pretty sure it should be okay now, too. Video games are becoming less conservative over time, not the other way around.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Huh, so it does. I never really noticed that.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Where? Not here.
    PEGI 16. I guess not all countries in europe use that, but many should.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Those lucky minus sixteen bastards.

Changes to the characters/plot are what concerns me the most. I understand they are going to make some changes. It's almost necessary. Knowing Nomura though..he will probably ruin it.

The writer still is Kazushige Nojima, so whatever Nomura-san says, in the end Nojima-san will wite and decide how and in which way exactly the story works out.

Well that is actually very good to hear. That makes me feel more optimistic.

I really am excited about it though, and I hope it's great! Even if it isn't...we all know we are going to get it anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My feeling on the game is that it's probably going to be great no matter what. Different, of course. But I'm sure it will be entertaining and enjoyable. And as others have mentioned: the original is always there to go back to.

As long as they don't drastically change it, I'm fine with whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Turn based seems to be going away from home console RPGs. I hope this retains it. There are some things I expect and don't mind, like I think they'll probably make Yuffie and Vincent required instead of optional, but if they remove Honey Bee Inn, Don Corneo, Barret in a sailor suit, and Red XIII trying to walk upright like a human, I'm not even bothering.

Blog Entries

Have we seen this interview with Nomura?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/f...rview-e3-2015/

Hate to be a whiner but even with what extremely little he said, this pretty much confirms all the fears that set in with me once I stopped hyperventilating and came back down to Earth.

Key comments:
    "We don't need two of the same thing."
    It's very likely that not everyone is going to like everything.
    we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn.
    But there is some good news

if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.

So yeah... they're still sticking with the line of "we can't do these oldschool things in HD, it wouldn't make sense" (which is BS, as anyone who has played Lost Odyssey knows, but it's against SE's principles). It's not FF7... it's a game based on a re-telling of FF7. So, I expect: MMORPG or hack-and-slash style battles, corridor based world, menu driven airship, retconned characters and designs, materia based sphere grid type system, no or completely reimagined chocobo breeding ("would they really sit through generations of chocobos while Meteor looms overhead?" I can hear Nomura say) etc... meh, considerably less hyped now!

It'll still be interesting to see what they make of it and see various situations in better graphics. But remember things like how Kalm in... I think it was Dirge? was basically a massive city. Classic example of totally changing the feel of it. So whilst I'm sort of excited to see what things end up looking like, part of me is actually fearful of playing it in case it ruins the image in my head of how the FF7 world works.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 06-18-2015 at 06:32 PM.

It totally is Final Fantasy VII. It just makes no sense to make everything super-graphics and call it "the remake". Nothing important will change. he even said that. Everything that is important and has been changed already was changed or added with the Compilation and that this somehow will be done is obvious.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Have we seen this interview with Nomura?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/f...rview-e3-2015/

Hate to be a whiner but even with what extremely little he said, this pretty much confirms all the fears that set in with me once I stopped hyperventilating and came back down to Earth.

Key comments:
    "We don't need two of the same thing."
    It's very likely that not everyone is going to like everything.
    we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn.
    But there is some good news

if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.

So yeah... they're still sticking with the line of "we can't do these oldschool things in HD, it wouldn't make sense" (which is BS, as anyone who has played Lost Odyssey knows, but it's against SE's principles). It's not FF7... it's a game based on a re-telling of FF7. So, I expect: MMORPG or hack-and-slash style battles, corridor based world, menu driven airship, retconned characters and designs, materia based sphere grid type system, no or completely reimagined chocobo breeding ("would they really sit through generations of chocobos while Meteor looms overhead?" I can hear Nomura say) etc... meh, considerably less hyped now!

It'll still be interesting to see what they make of it and see various situations in better graphics. But remember things like how Kalm in... I think it was Dirge? was basically a massive city. Classic example of totally changing the feel of it. So whilst I'm sort of excited to see what things end up looking like, part of me is actually fearful of playing it in case it ruins the image in my head of how the FF7 world works.
    Half of the things you mention make no sense. Why would there be a sphere grid system? Why would it be MMORPG-like combat?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Half of the things you mention make no sense. Why would there be a sphere grid system? Why would it be MMORPG-like combat?
    FF13 and FF12 both had "sphere grid like" systems (for lack of a better term.. I suppose "skill tree" kind of works as a term). They called them licences and crystariums but all much the same thing
    FF12 had MMORPG-like combat. 13 was more hack and slash like. Definitely won't be turn based though!

If they're making it like the newer games, then... the newer games are a good reference point.

FFVII can still be turn-based. FFXIII was also turn based. It just will not be more dynamic.