Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else worried the remake will limit the player to Cloud?

Default Anyone else worried the remake will limit the player to Cloud?

With Nomura confirming that the gameplay won't be turn-based like the original, it's safe to say the remake will be an action rpg just like XV and Kingdom Hearts which i'm personally fine with, however i have this lingering fear that like those aforementioned games the player will limit to only the main character with the rest of the main cast non-playable being AI partners, Anyone else feel this way?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

He didn't say it wouldn't be turn based though...?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    He didn't say it wouldn't be turn based though...?
    His words in the interview kind of implied that it will be the case...

The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there. But if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Doesn't mean it won't be turn based. It just means they won't all be static waiting for their turn. Who knows what they might pull out the bag!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Like Shauna says, he didn't actually state that. He's telling people that there will be a change, but that doesn't equal a confirmation on this.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

It doesn't even sound like a change to combat. It sounds like he wants to change the way the animations are handled.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Like Shauna says, he didn't actually state that. He's telling people that there will be a change, but that doesn't equal a confirmation on this.
    Best case scenario: the X-2 battle system. That would glorious with FFVII characters on the PS4.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"it's safe to say the remake will be an action rpg just like XV and Kingdom Hearts"

Thats a bit of a leap there don't you think? While it could be argued, it doesn't seem safe to say that at all, especially this early on after its been announced. We haven't seen any gameplay of it yet so we don't know what they have up their sleeves. It could imply an overhaul to the combat or it could merely be referring to the animation style of the original. While speculation is fun let's try and hold off on jumping to such conclusions until we've seen actual gameplay.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

keep in mind they may have been testing the waters on peoples opinion on turn based battle system with the HD Remasters of FF X/X-2... if the sales of those are satisfactory they may have reconsidered their stance of Turn-based being too old-hat for new game systems...
    i'm personally hoping for something like FFX where you can swap out characters on the fly but they'll be moving all around the battlefield in reaction to various attacks as opposed to standing in formation... like for example when they dodge an attack they could wind up to the side of or eventually behind their enemies, and conversely the enemy AI should do the same...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    keep in mind they may have been testing the waters on peoples opinion on turn based battle system with the HD Remasters of FF X/X-2... if the sales of those are satisfactory they may have reconsidered their stance of Turn-based being too old-hat for new game systems...
    i'm personally hoping for something like FFX where you can swap out characters on the fly but they'll be moving all around the battlefield in reaction to various attacks as opposed to standing in formation... like for example when they dodge an attack they could wind up to the side of or eventually behind their enemies, and conversely the enemy AI should do the same...
    I'm down with that, actually.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Best case scenario: the X-2 battle system. That would glorious with FFVII characters on the PS4.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. No I am not. I'm sure the internet is going crazy, though.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Me, in another thread
    Also, what do you hope for in the remake? I have a list:

Battle system like FFX-2 fast but still turn based.
    This guy are sick.
    Optional costume for Barret (sailor suit) Cloud (drag) and Tifa (Advent Children).

I'm not familiar with X-2's battle style, how different is it compared to ATB?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's regular ATB, just really fast and the characters don't stand in a neat line.