Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Ciddies 2015 - For Your Consideration

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

Default Summer Ciddies 2015 - For Your Consideration

Because someone was too lazy to make it.

Here's where we spam up a thread with topics and posts and whatnot that you feel should be considered for the Best Topic/Post Ciddies.

It's also where we wait for Rantz to provide the best repped posts/threads before making any choices.

So here we are. Get to it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

:]

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    mfw you post

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh. Nothing for me. I haven't done much so far this year. Utterly undeserving.

Unless there is a category for cream cheese consumed.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

There might be...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

FF Nut needs some serious love in the Best Newbie category.
    mfw you post

Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I did my part!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Cool Cheddar is better Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    He insulted orange cheese & I'll have none of that. I Gruntace101 or whatever his name is, should be up for consideration, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You see ordinarily I'd put up BlasterDarkRen up for Best Newbie, but then I noticed he actually joined in 2013, which would place him rather oddly into the 'Best Veteran' category.

I agree with the FYCs: FF Nut and Gruntace. Don't forget Mr. Carnelian! He's been very active since he joined last month. In fact, do vote for him. He's adorable, trust me Whilst you're at it, we're also a couple in case you haven't noticed so.. you know for award #30 *wink* *wink*.

For Best Let's Play, Psy's FFVII Super Mega Steam HD Mod is awesome and is well worth considering. Night Fury's second Little Sister 2015 was going great until photo issues sprang up. And while this was while I was inactive, Shauna had a very lively Harry Potter LP going.

The Best Article series, for me, ultimately boils down to either the Social Media updates, or Proto's FanArt Friday's! Though maybe the E3 series also counts?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Again, looks like I am on the same page as some people.

I wish there was an award for...uh...best reply to serious stuff? Because I would nominate a couple of people who helped me deal with a situation where my emotions were a swirl because I found out a childhood bully of mine died. It's in The Lifestream somewhere called "My Bully Is Dead" and yes, I am too lazy to link it (also, I am not self nominating or anything, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the massive support I got in that thread).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

I wish there was an award for...uh...best reply to serious stuff? Because I would nominate a couple of people who helped me deal with a situation where my emotions were a swirl because I found out a childhood bully of mine died. It's in The Lifestream somewhere called "My Bully Is Dead" and yes, I am too lazy to link it (also, I am not self nominating or anything, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the massive support I got in that thread).
    Most Comforting Member, maybe? I suppose that would probably fall down under Most Helpful Member.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Most Comforting Member, maybe? I suppose that would probably fall down under Most Helpful Member.
    Ah, true. I didn't think of it that way. I usually interpret that award as someone who helps on the technical side of things or just gives general tips on things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah, true. I didn't think of it that way. I usually interpret that award as someone who helps on the technical side of things or just gives general tips on things.
    I think many of the awards can be interpreted in different ways that you may not necessarily discern in the first reading.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think many of the awards can be interpreted in different ways that you may not necessarily discern in the first reading.
    Yeah, true. I'm usually good at that sort of thing. Well, I sent my nominations in and fortunately the person I nominated for that award could also apply to my thread. So it all works out!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I still need to work on mine. I've only been re-active since about May, so I've missed much. I always, ALWAYS struggle with the best post and best thread Ciddies. I usually fall back on the FYCs for those ones . It takes me a long time to nominate because I insist on filling up the nomination slots.