View Poll Results: Have you ever fainted?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 42.86%
  • No

11 52.38%
  • ...I don't know

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever fainted?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Have you ever fainted?

One time at work about, oh, seven or eight years ago I suddenly started feeling dizzy and my vision tunneled and turned gray. I had enough time to say "I don't feel very good" before suddenly my co-worker was holding me. I was only out for a couple of seconds but apparently I fell into her. xD I never did figure out what caused it. I think it was just a random thing.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I was in the.......third grade? I woke up with a fever, but it was an important test day so my parents made me go to school anyway. I remember taking the test, and feeling really hot. I remember the girl who sat behind me had a crush on me and she must have known I wasn't feeling good. I remember feeling really woozy, remember feeling her kiss me on the back of the neck, and then I remember going in and out of consciousness on the way to the doctors.

Turns out my appendix was about to rupture. Thanks parents!

Blog Entries

I've never fainted from the sight of blood or something like that, only when I used to make all the blood rush to my head.

And one time I almost fainted, I took a really big bong hit and then stood up to hand the bong off and almost fainted. lol

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oh, lawdy, has anyone ever had the vapors?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I gave blood once and didn't rest enough after it. Half way home, I felt a bit faint so decided to take a short break in a bus stop.

Woke up on the ground. No idea how long I'd been there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've come close when I get really hot, but never fully fainted. I'll get to the point where everything goes white and I can't see though. The worst was one winter when I was all bundled up in heavy winter gear and I went to a store that was blasting the heat and taking forever to serve me. I literally had to run outside as my vision was going out, unzip everything and fall in to a pile of snow and lay there for a few minutes before I could go back in. I don't do so well with the heat

Articles
    Blog Entries

In the 4th grade we were painting and my vision started graying out, so I stumbled up to the teacher and told her I couldn't see and thought I was gonna faint. She laid me down and everything went totally gray for maybe 2 seconds and then it just started clearing up again. Had to do a bunch of tests that day at the doctors but they said it was probably because I skipped out on eating anything for recess that day.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Never really. I almost did once when doing something strenuous and having all of the blood rush to my head, but I really just went blind for a second or two and dropped my phone from my hands because I couldn't really do anything.

I have almost been choked out a couple of times back when I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu because I'm too stubborn to tap until the last possible moment. The closest I ever came I started seeing stars and my vision went black so I decided to tap before I totally passed out.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I haven't fainted completely, but did almost collapse once. I was about 13, had just recovered from a bout of bronchitis, and went to basketball practice after school. During practice I started feeling a little woozy, but ignored it. At the end we did sprints, and after the last set of sprints my legs felt wobbly and I was unable to stand without holding onto the wall. I tried to walk to the water fountain, but after a couple steps was unable to move even with my hands on the wall for support, and I had to be half dragged, half carried to the sideline. The last infection in my lungs had apparently left me with sports' asthma, and my legs were not receiving enough oxygen to even be able to stand by myself.

Oh man I can still distinctly remember the first and last time I ever fainted
    I was at my friend's house getting ready to go to a party with her and I somehow fell and slipped somewhere..i don't know where.. but I slipped! Fell backwards landing on the back of my head first. After that I fainted, woke up and I was in my own home. Later I still went to the party and met up with my friend asking me if I was okay. I told her I was and after that I was okay. Up until this very day I am obviously still alive and okay

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yes. Once when I was 12 we were doing drama and pretending to take punches. After taking a pretend punch I fell backwards and smashed my elbow onto a metal chair and I fainted soon after. I've also had (touch wood in using the past tense) some severe nosebleeds that were so bad that blood ended up coming out of my eye, and I've fainted due to blood loss during those.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Nope. One time my vision went dark and I could only see a few stars, but I didn't lose consciousness. I had to sit down for a minute or so before I could see again though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I fainted from blood loss when I was 8 or 9. I had a really massive mega nosebleed and I just remember my parents telling me I had to go to hospital and I was walking to the car and like, just fell back.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

whoa was your nose actually still attached to your face?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have fainted twice. One was when I was in elementary school...not sure what caused it but I was walking down the hall to lunch and the next thing I remember the teacher was carrying me to the office. Apparently I walked right into the wall lol. The second time was when we was getting ready to go to a Christmas party. My dad was blow drying my hair while my mom got ready, and I guess the heat got to me and made me pass out. I woke up on the bed with both of my parents over me.