Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 91923242526272829303132333435394979 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Ciddies 2015 - Life's a Beach Revelations~ Umi-desu!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    The Ciddie is a highly prestigious honor. Countless young men and women vie to pick up that digital golden trophy. To even be considered for a Ciddie is an achievement. But when your forum-goers think you worthy to such an extent, they're willing to use irony to do it? That goes right to the heart.

Because yes, winning this award is a self-fulfilling prophecy; the acronym 'MLT' now redundant in an instant. So many have actually won their first award this way; and who shall join them! Let's take a look at the candidates. First up, let's take a look about what winning a Ciddie would mean to them and examine some of their posts!

BlasterDarkRen

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterDarkRen
    I've not been here properly for long, and it fills me with honour and cheese to recieve an award even though I've got a handful of posts and I'm hella surprised omg
    Dragged back to our EoFF family by Shorty, BlasterDarkRen has really taken to his second chance on the boards, being very active in all areas of the forum! He's from Scotland, he's into Yu-Gi-Oh and thinks Kimahri is a chocolate teapot. He sounds like a decent guy!

Will he blast his way through the competition? Or like a deck of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, will his tower collapse? Only time will tell!

BlasterDarkRen's Raunchiest Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterDarkRen's Raunchiest Post! View Post

FFNut

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut
    I think it an honor to be nominated for a Ciddie for the first time. It would be an amazing feeling to win, however I look at the competition and see I'm up against some great members.

If if I was to win, It would be great being recognized by the people of EOFF as a member of the EOFF community.
    FFNut has been a member only since June, and already he's proven to be a great addition to our boards. His love of Final Fantasy is not disputable: even his username proclaims his love of the series for all to see! FFNut's time at EoFF is just beginning, and win or lose, I'm sure he will have a bright future ahead of him here!

FFNut's Zaniest Post!

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut's Most Exciting Post! View Post
    I work on planes, so that's in the back room of an airport way beyond security.

Fox

Fox has been a member since 2014, and ever since he joined, Fox has been a staple edition to our forums. Ever since the announcement of the FFVII Remake, Fox has tapping away like a beaver discussing the latest news and gossip. In fact, for the research behind this, I scanned everyone's recent activity. FFVII related threads made up practically all of Fox's recent postings!

Which is to his credit! Consistency is a valued trait on EoFF and if you're ever stuck wondering "who could I talk to about the FFVII remake?" Fox will be there!

Fox's Most Insightful Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    She'll probably turn out to be Lightning.

Gruntace101

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101
    It will mean quite a bit to me, i would actually know what people think of me. so yeah, i can't write sorry.
    Affectionately called 'Grunty' by a few of our members, Gruntace101 has just passed his first year of being an EoFFer! Joining in the end of June last year, Grunty has been a unique fixture in many forum threads.

Diving in headfirst, Grunty has taken part in many forum events: the pokemon tournament, the Generic Fantasy™ Roleplay and a whole bunch of FF related discussion.

Does Grunty have what it takes to win his first Ciddie? Will he be able to write an acceptance speech without grammar issues? Stay tuned! (We love you really Grunty! )

Gruntace101's Most Interesting Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    I crave 2 things....
    Pasta! and
    Frogs....
    NO not real frogs. frog cakes, i think they are just french fancies that have a frog head shape of icing, they are the awesome.

Mr. Carnelian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian
    I know I've only been here a short time, but I've been made to feel very welcome. I've really enjoyed myself so far, and I'm sure that I will continue to do so for a long time to come.
    The significant other of a certain speech writer, Mr. Carnelian has been gracing us with his presence since May, and he's been very active since then! Writing a leading role in Generic Fantasy™, Mr. Carny has thrown himself into the life of EoFF, interacting positively with existing members.

A member for all occasions, he can be seen laughing it up at the Site Poll, to going down and heavy in Academia. Does Mr. Carny have what it takes to win his very first Ciddie?

Mr. Carnelian's Most Serious Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Okay let me make this clear now: Horamus and Sonia will NOT bang.

Feel free to continue making jokes about it, though.

Vyk

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Hm, if I won? I guess that would mean someone noticed me. Or a lot of someones. I made it known a year or so ago that I felt like just a face in the crowd, and not really seen as a real person. Someone was kind enough to make an anonymous post at Christmas to let me know that they felt I was real and that I mattered. It meant a lot to me. I'm not so paranoid anymore. I love the people around here, and I enjoy participating in their discussions and seeing how other people enjoy or hate things differently than me. If I won a ciddie, it'd mean they've enjoyed the same with me. And that would mean a lot. But I'm not hung up on it like I once was. There's a lot of deserving recognition out there
    Last but certainly not least, we have Vyk! Now compared to our other nominees, Vyk is a veteran, having joined us way back in 2005. That's ten whole years without a Ciddie! I'm impressed!

Vyk spends most of his time chilling out in The Lounge, discussing fan-fiction, science-fiction, even post-apocalyptic fiction. But he's much more than a reader, he's a doer! Did you know he helps rehabilitate animals?

Will this be Vyk's year? Or will Vyk become the new Sephex, doomed to always being the bridesmaid?

Vyk's Longest Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Agree

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congrats to everyone who's with you on so far! You guys are great

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fabulous speech, Formy!

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

32. MLT win a Ciddie for the First time

RSL.................................1
    BlasterDarkRen......................1
    Fox.................................1
    FFNut...............................6
    Gruntace101.........................6

Which means

Vyk.................................8
    Mr. Carnelian......................12

Articles
    Blog Entries

WOOOOOOO YAY GO MR. CAR- I MEAN SAM! GO SAM!! YAY!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Doctor Who always wins.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Congratulations!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I am so happy for you guys

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I've just realized that Mr. Carny won his first Ciddie before I have. He's going to needle me about that

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

31. MLT be next Staffer

The Nominations

Bubba ♥ ToriJ ♥ Formalhaut ♥ Metagloria ♥ Mirage ♥ sharkythesharkdogg ♥ Vyk

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I've just realized that Mr. Carny won his first Ciddie before I have. He's going to needle me about that
    If he does make him sleep on the couch when he gets home.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Who will be EoFF's Next Top Staffer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

well whatever

Most Likely To Be The Next Staffer

I think this is a good speech for me to take because I am a staffer, and therefore I have insight as to who we will or won't be hiring. Now I hate to break this to you buuuuuuuut... the answer is none of you. None of you have what it takes to be staffer!

Bubba

Bubba is a musician and therefore a Diva. This is true 100% of the time. We don't need any Diva's in staff! Now get out of my face, and don't forget my green M&Ms!

Formalhaut

Remember that time he left us for like a year? Because staff does. Staff never forgets. Just because you have school and friends and a boyfriend and a life or whatever doesn't mean you can spend time away from the forum. A good staff member would know that.

metagloria

Weird obsession with hypellos.

Mirage

We can't very well hire a mirage guys, they're just optical illusions.

sharkythesharkdogg

Old Man Winter. If you don't know what I'm talking about, count yourself lucky. Very very lucky. We'll never be clean again.

ToriJ

He said Final Fantasy IX was good, but he did not say it was the greatest game of all time. We just can't have our staffers being wrong on such a basic concept.

Vyk

He'd probably quit staff because it wasn't engaging enough for his picky tastes. He'd probably give us a 4/10 and our self esteem just couldn't handle that.

So as you can see, none of these people are suited to be staffers. None of them. They're all really bad choices and all of you should feel ashamed and wrong and terrible for nominating them. You're all bad people and none of you have what it takes to be EoFF's Next Staffer.

Vote Pumpkin best staffer 2015

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries

They'll just make us all staff.