Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We know.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We have made our decision! The lucky faction who are getting the evil sphere are... well, you better watch to find out!

We also learn more about the great monster in the sphere and are rudely robbed while away from the airship! Before we deal with the crooks though, better head to Besaid to shoot down the massive ego of the new leader of the friendly neighbourhood Aurochs!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Nobody I know gave it to The Youth League because they're smurfing fascists. Apart from Shauna. Who is a fascist. It's stupid that they give you a "choice" but there is actually a wrong choice because of percentage. Ridic.

I AM BECLEM AND I AM RUDE AND HARSH what cheap heat interestingly you can dress up like him in record keeper:
    https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/g...Mask%20%28X%29
    https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/g...rass%20%28X%29

QUITE WHY I don't know but you can

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, it would have been better if you could have chosen either and still got 100%. You've got a whole bunch of random weird little sidequests to complete, just let us make the choice between which faction we want to support!

I am not a fascist.

As an aside, The Shaunas are going to Barcelona. There will be at most a week break here! Just rewatch all the existing episodes, or check out some of the other great stuff on our channel. :3

Articles

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #14 - A Family Friendly Show

You know the old trope of going to a dinner party and being ridiculed because you are wearing the same outfit as someone else? We here at the Dullwings can't relate to that because we never made it to that party. We are mocked are the door and turned away by the bouncers. To get in, I guess we just gotta beat up ladies and steal their clothes from them.

Wait what?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Phew, finally caught up.

I'd have thought it best if you couldn't reach 100% in one run with either of them. It'd have the implicit effect of stopping people from doing such a stressful run their first time, as it just turns a game of fun exploration with a ton of secrets and eastereggs to be found into an annoying grind. Besides you can reach more than 100% anyways, it'd have been fine if you just needed to actually see everything (both YL and NY side) to get it maxed out.

The Youth League are such assholes sometimes. New Yevon aren't great either but they're not THAT bad. Plus it's convenient to give the sphere to New Yevon anyways since it gives you access to two Garment Grids you can't get otherwise, and you don't have to fight random guards in the final Chapter 2 mission. New Yevon all the way.

I never really cared for Gunner's Gauntlet until I played the Remaster where I maxed it out for the trophy and Adamantite. I find it interesting how it has you regulating the spawn rate of enemies by how far forward you advance in the waterfall section. Too far forward and you get overwhelmed, too far back and you lose out on points. But besides that it's not really the most engaging of minigames. Just a fun little distraction.

smurf yes Psychic. Such an awesome dressphere. It's main fault is a lack of strong offensive moves (although Teleport + Time Trip + 2x Maser Eye is nothing to sneer at), but that can be made up for. Especially with the stupidly powerful Samurai's Honor GG you get around this time.

I vote Songstress Yuna, Gun Mage Rikku and Psychic Paine. Although there's probably not much fighting next episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Requiring two runs would have been way better to get 100%. Then you'd actually get to see all the different options and whatnot. But hey ho, you can do all the boring boring things to get it on one run, which we will be doing 90% of off-camera because running around talking to people for marriage and PR points is totally dullsville and not worth including in the LP proper.

I am glad we took a bit of time to get psychic, it is pretty cool.

And we will take your nominations into account for the next battle-heavy part. This last episode is how I best envisioned this LP - doing a mission per episode.

Articles

Oh I like Psychic! Keep it! And keep Songstress. Make Rikku whatever highest level you have for her, I'm nice like that.

Paine looks like a member of Fingerbang.

GOD I LOVE THIS SONG (battle with LeBlanc song - I'll show you something hot? I think?) always makes me want to throw down with a fat bloke and Severus Snape.

Articles

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #17 - Let Me Teleport, You Dick!

In this episode we discover we begin the endless fun that is chocobo catching. Our goal this week is to break into it gently and capture the Wonderful Chocobo near the Icicle Inn and then get him raced up a few times. There is a long road ahead of us but I think we can fit it in one episode.

What do you mean some English guy already did that on our channel? What a jerk.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh great, one of the most boring missions in the game.

For some reason I always got all the mediocre items, and always got as many feathers as possible so they become the best items possible, not that I ever used them. OCD is a bitch.

Okay let me explain the guess-the-direction thing. If you keep on guessing right, not missing more than once, you catch the chocobo. It's pure luck and stupidly unlikely, but if you didn't ever miss him (or just once) before he loses his concentration, you'd want to miss him once (or twice) on purpose so you don't catch him instantly. At least if you're going for 100% in one run or want to blame Rikku in the mystery, otherwise screw all that and do whatever you want.

Don't you love how you're sent out to capture THE ONE ULTRA-RARE CHOCOBO and then you see like half a dozen of them not two minutes after you caught it?

Teleport ftw. Although the real MVP of the Psychic skillset is Telekinesis, which is absolutely stupid against non-bosses. It pretty much never misses, ever, unless the enemy is specifically resistant to it, which almost none of them are. Probably gonna make the next mission quite a bit easier (those goddamn Queen Coeurls are such a pain).

Man that Chocobo Eater doesn't know which way he wants to be facing. He even outright missed an attack thanks to Teleport which was pretty hilarious.

The maker of the guide was a bit overly paranoid at the end of the mission. You're not gonna be messing up unless you deliberately skip the scene with Start-Square. Pressing X ain't gonna steal you no percentage or culprit condition. Better to be safe than sorry though I suppose.

Next up is Calm Lands I'm guessing. Let's max out what we got I guess and go with Songstress Yuna, Gunner Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Articles

I have zero forgiveness for the episode skip, no. smurf y'all. Whatever it was that Matt said.

Why is Rikku so incompetent? and GOD I hate the chocobo theme on X-2. Also Rikku is seventeen Shauna, gosh, that makes it perfectly okay for Matt to chap her hide.

I thought Rikku said "RETARD!" and was like "OH NO SHE DI'N'T " but she di'n't, she said recharge

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Just looking at the description for Telekinesis I was wary of ever using it because instant death moves never work in my experience, but if it's almost always successful then that is pretty cool.

We were commenting during the editing process how terrible the chocobo theme is. FFX-2 has a lot of great tunage, but damn that is not one of them.

And it is never okay for any hides to be chapped. Ever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Ah the Calm Lands...

Today they're anything but as we help Clasko follow his dreams! Into a fiend infested lair. Not to worry though, we have some OP skills that will help us breeze through. Or so we think...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Telekinesis is pretty chill. I was surprised to see it missing that Queen Coeurl though. I suppose I was just a higher level at that point since that's a big influence on status effect hit rate.

Haste is interesting in this game. It actually only increases your ATB speed by like 5% or so; but it doubles your animation speed. So it makes a massive difference on physical attackers but not so much on magic users.

No worries, you don't have to be 'perfect' or anything like that in that mission. It gets easier the more you mess up, but that doesn't affect completion at all.

I love how the "boss" of this mission is completely trivialized by using Water Eater. Or Reflect, for that matter.

Ah the chocobo farm... I really don't care for how they did it in this game. None of the rewards are any good besides the two optional dungeons. Speaking of which you can actually get started on the quest for the Ruin Cave right now which could save you quite a bit of grinding down the road. Well even if you don't feel like it, stocking up on Gysahl Greens is still a good idea since besides being usable for catching the occasional chocobo, mixing them is a free Mega Potion.

Next time let's try the new guy. Songstress Yuna, Alchemist Rikku, Warrior Paine. While I don't really care for the Alchemist (and probably won't nominate it ever again) it deserves to at least be shown.

Good luck on tower calibrating. For the sake of your sanity just do the first five towers perfectly and instantly abort the latter five, except for Tower 10 if you got a pen and paper (because screw legitimacy). Give Tower 7 a shot if you feel like screaming in anger. Some Trivia...How well you calibrate the towers actually influences the items you get in Chapter 5. The only really interesting rewards are the ones for Towers 4, 5 and 10, which are a Champion Belt, Regal Crown and Ribbon respectively; all pretty great accessories. The first three also give Elixirs and Megalixirs and they're easy so why not. Towers 6 through 9 however give total trout rewards and are definitely not worth your time. Definitely go for the Garment Grid as described in the guide though. If you take the 30 seconds to go through all gates on it you get a quite absurd boost in Strength which decimates strong opponents pretty nicely.

Articles

ClaskoxYuna. I ship it. (I don't really. I don't even have a ship. Or a rubber dinghy)

Man I hate Coeurls too, good for you Shauna you've gone up in my estimation.

Ronso just wear speedo, that is wrong. Bad Ronso. This is why they're subhuman. #seymourwasright