Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Final Fantasy Composer Arnie Roth teases Final Fantasy XII "Remake"

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Honestly, watching that video, I'm starting to think he may have made a mistake and actually meant to refer to the Final Fantasy VII Remake. He mentioned it alongside Final Fantasy XV as one of the major upcoming titles, so in context it really feels to me like that was what he thought of.
    Quite possible. I feel bad for him if it was, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly, watching that video, I'm starting to think he may have made a mistake and actually meant to refer to the Final Fantasy VII Remake. He mentioned it alongside Final Fantasy XV as one of the major upcoming titles, so in context it really feels to me like that was what he thought of.
    I'm going to laugh if this what he meant.

I'm going to laugh hard.

Oh god... that's way too plausible. Dreams...shattering...

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Even if he was mistaken, I wonder w/ all the buzz happening this weekend over a XII remake would make Squeenix seriously consider it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly.

And isn't Arnie Roth a huge fan of FF himself? If that's true, I doubt he'd confuse them. And some articles also mentioned Hitoshi Sakimoro being there and saying the same thing so...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Even if he was mistaken, I wonder w/ all the buzz happening this weekend over a XII remake would make Squeenix seriously consider it.
    I honestly hope so!

After watching the video of the announcement I kind of figured he just got it mixed up with Final Fantasy VII's remake, but having Hitoshi Sakimoto there to confirm almost legitimizes it.

Please be real. *fingers crossed*

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So it's definitely not a slip-up. the update at the bottom of the page says that during the meet and greet after the concert they confirmed it was happening, though they couldn't disclose anything else. So yeah, I doubt both of them were so excited that they wouldn't correct themselves after the concert

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's great to hear. For a while there I was almost convinced it was just a mistake. Hopefully we'll get more info about it at Gamescom.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I bet SE told him to mention it in passing to build hype for Gamescom. I mean I think we were all expecting Final Fantasy XII to be announced at E3, but the FFVII remake bomb got dropped!
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 08-03-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Don't listen to Ondore's lies.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Well that clears that up then. I'm not too fussed but sucks for the fans who really wanted this to be true.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Well that clears that up then. I'm not too fussed but sucks for the fans who really wanted this to be true.
    (It just means it's an HD remaster rather than a remake. It's cool. That's exactly what we all thought.)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    (It just means it's an HD remaster rather than a remake. It's cool. That's exactly what we all thought.)
    So the remaster is happening? I'm so confused xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seriously, this is so smurfing vague. He could simply have been told that it's not actually a "remake" per se (because it's actually a remaster). On the other hand that would make this announcement so frustratingly misleading.

Confused, but still leaning on the "it's happening" side.