Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this game gonna be any good?

Default Is this game gonna be any good?

I mean.... the person who was the producer of the last game hit game, FF7 on PS1 was Sakaguchi.. Having Tetsuya Nomura produce this?.. i've played Kingdom Hearts series, and from my experience they tend to be melodramatic. I fail to see how this will not be just like that. In terms of really hamming it in. And the lego blocky characters kinda added that fantasy to it. I mean they are probably gonna make Cloud sound reaaally monotone and boring and just kinda wash out the fantasy with blendish graphics i feel.

I just have a feeling its not gonna be any good. I think it would just be better to go where FF10 left off. And see what better improvements can be done. Kitase i believe was the guy who sorta took over after Sakaguchi left the project completely, exceptions of FF9 though. He was btw the guy who made FF8 and FF10 i believe.

Blog Entries

My concerns is they will ruin the Final Fantasy VII experience altogether with this remake. So many people claim VII is a "Perfect Game" and if they make the remake badly... it will ruin any fanbase the old game had. People would be like "Final Fantasy VII is the best game" "yeah but the remake sucked".

If they stick to the original and just update the graphics with more like a final fantasy X-2 battle system they will do fine. My favorite thing about VII is the materia system. It scaled nicely and it was very cool to make your own combinations.

They say they want to change it which will automatically separate the two games already. There is no saying if they will do it worse, same, or better. We just have to wait until they come out with the game. I just hope they add Attack, Elemental, Status reels to Cait Sith.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

If it's not, well, that original FFVII game will still exist and that experience will still exist. There will be no erasure of that, so you can hate the remake while still liking the original. The fanbase will still exist for the old game, they just won't be part of any new fandom surrounding the new game?

Anyway, we do not have enough information to actually make any judgments on what is going to happen with this. All we know is that they want to capture the feeling of FFVII while upgrading it to current-gen standards.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Shauna got it spot on. I treat the original game as canon and everything after it as a theory based on a certain individual. They are officially canon, sure, but to me the only 100% canon game is the original because it was not designed with the intent to increase it's scope to other games, movies, etc. So I will take this remake with a massive pinch of salt, treating it as a tribute to the original, not as being the original.

This is not The Greatest Game in the World, no. This is just a tribute.
    Couldn't perfectly remake The Greatest Game in the World, no... no!
    This is a tribute, oh, to The Greatest Game in the World, all right!
    It was The Greatest Game in the World, all right!
    It was the best muthasmurfin' game, The Greatest Game in the World.
    And the peculiar thing is this my friends: The game we played on that fateful night it didn't actually play anything like this game!
    This is just a tribute! You gotta believe it!
    And I wish you were there! Just a matter of opinion.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now I'm a bit of an old fogey, there is no way the remake will surpass the original in my eyes. There is far too much nostalgia attached to the PS1 game for it to be bettered.

I'm just looking forward to walking around my favourite locations in glorious HD. I'll probably spend half my time just chilling in Cosmo Canyon looking at the environments. How the remake plays really... is of little importance to me.

Tetsuya Nomura was already a main person in the original and Kazushige Nojima writes it, ust like he was the writer for the original. Also it is their game, they know what they are doing. I do not expect a flawless game. The original isn't either.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Now I'm a bit of an old fogey, there is no way the remake will surpass the original in my eyes. There is far too much nostalgia attached to the PS1 game for it to be bettered.

I'm just looking forward to walking around my favourite locations in glorious HD. I'll probably spend half my time just chilling in Cosmo Canyon looking at the environments. How the remake plays really... is of little importance to me.
    Oh Cosmo Canyon will look gorgeous in HD. That sunset...

Articles
    Blog Entries

To be fair, if the Compilation hasn't ruined the original game for people, a bad remake wouldn't do much worse.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tenacious D...!

The game's going to be awesome, but let's face it, most of the people playing it will be doing so for sentimental reasons anyway, so who knows if it'll be good in itself. I haven't played a RPG (aside from the occasional MMO) for so~ many years. But I'll play this <3.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I liked the story of FFVII, and the combat is ok. The game didn't age well even for PS1 gen though. There is a high chance I'll enjoy the remake more than the original.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Tetsuya Nomura was already a main person in the original and Kazushige Nojima writes it, ust like he was the writer for the original. Also it is their game, they know what they are doing. I do not expect a flawless game. The original isn't either.
    He made the character design and battle visual director or something i think in FF7 Ps1, but that was all. I've seen what happens when this guy touches something in terms of story, it becomes really sobby. I mean he's not directing it, but he's the producer of it in terms of remake. Considering how much influence this guy may have, i just fear it will be one giant anime tear bottle instead of an awesome game bottle.

Since i detest anime in general. Just saying.

The only way the remake is going to be as perfect as the game is if they don't mess with the story and dialogue (well maybe fix the "this guy are sick" actually...don't fix it xD) only update the graphics to pretty AC HD. Although I know that isn't going to be the case...

...I really wanted to see Yuffie kiss Cloud on their date at GS, Barrett in a sailor suit and the honey bee inn scenes in HD though.....

That would be a bad idea. Cloud is 23 years old in that movie and he dresses like he was a teenager shopping at hot topic (And his monotone voice is also awful). Compared to a more military life as PS1 portrayed him in. Basically avoid all adaptations after this PS1 game. Crisis core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children. All of it, it doesn't exist.

The question is, how can we make Cloud go from this, and not to this?
    I say bring Sakaguchi back and just suggest some ideas, but i'm not sure. I mean he knows the formula for the typical Final Fantasy RPG though to be honest.
    aLKDoov_700b_v1.jpg

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't want cloud to look like he did in AC, I meant AC HD as in FF with HD graphics like AC or FFXIII, XV...etc

And Cloud doesn't do that pose anymore because it belongs to Squall now xD
    Squall_artwork.jpg
    Last edited by Rin Heartilly; 10-09-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just came in here to say that if anyone says another bad word about Kingdom Hearts in this thread then I'll destroy this whole forum.

Continue on with your topic now