Thread: Things they should do in the remake

Default Things they should do in the remake

Just release the old FF7 game on PS4, as it is in standard quality with an updated disc cover. Honestly if they did that i would be so happy XD. Just to sorta mess with japanophiles and people who don't accept game quality in general.
    Buying it only to find out its the same friggin game as the PS1 was. I would so burst out and rejoice if that happend... That would be like the best thing ever

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The original FF7 is already getting a re-release on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    The original FF7 is already getting a re-release on PS4.
    No no. I know that from this video

What i mean is.. make the remake... the original.. Like make everybody think its FF7 with better graphics, but in reality its the original FF7 PS1 game, for PS4 on a disk that says "FF7 Remake"

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

But they already did that, with that very port announcement. It's FF7 on the PS4! loljk it's just a port ha ha we are hilarious. Making the same joke again is just lame.

But they already did that, with that very port announcement. It's FF7 on the PS4! loljk it's just a port ha ha we are hilarious. Making the same joke again is just lame.
    But i honestly don't wish to see FF7 if its Nomura who's directing it to be honest in remake. Atleast the idea that you put the name "Final Fantasy 7: Remake". Then puts it in the PS4 only to find out its the FF7 on PS1 :P Same quality nothing changed. I would so loooove it if they did it to mess with people

Quote Originally Posted by Rufsie View Post
    But i honestly don't wish to see FF7 if its Nomura who's directing it to be honest in remake. Atleast the idea that you put the name "Final Fantasy 7: Remake". Then puts it in the PS4 only to find out its the FF7 on PS1 :P Same quality nothing changed. I would so loooove it if they did it to mess with people
    Nomura-san was one of the most important people for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, INCLUDING the original and, despite some things that people might criticize his work has had a great impact on what the company made successful. So that is pretty direspectful.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It would be a dick move, like the first time they did it, and would give them even more flak than they got the first time.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

May be weird, but I think they should put a free download of the original in the remake box. Ya know, just in case the remake is a complete failure.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

As if anyone who buys this remake wouldn't already have the original. By the time this is released, I'm sure the steam version can be found for a dollar on sales.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Odin View Post
    May be weird, but I think they should put a free download of the original in the remake box. Ya know, just in case the remake is a complete failure.
    Failure? The game will drown Square with so much gil it'd be like playing with the Max Money cheat.

1. A good battle system. Hell I'd be happy with Crisis Core battle system. I hope they don't try and re-invent the wheel and change the game too much. Final Fantasy has evolved with the latest iterations, but FF7 would not suit the 'newer' battle systems so I think they have to try and maintain the original turn-based system to some degree without completley ruining it.

2. Don't skip or omitt cetain parts of the game. This one I'm hoping they don't do. If you are making a remake don't try and evolve it, keep everything that MADE the original in the game no matter how insignificant.

3. Keep and honour the original and don't pretend it is a new game. Re-create every scene, every dialogue, every character in their original style. Please..!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like to see a variety of interactive hardcore BDSM scenes featuring the following females; Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Elmyra, Yuffie, Scarlet, Red XIII's waifu, Marlene, Ifalna, Ester, Elena, and Reno.

I would also like them to explain where North Corel actually is and how come it's in the middle of the desert after it gets burnt down and stuff.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufsie View Post
    Nomura-san was one of the most important people for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, INCLUDING the original and, despite some things that people might criticize his work has had a great impact on what the company made successful. So that is pretty direspectful.
    Nomura did some good work as an illustrator/designer back in the day, but I personally don't feel he has the talent or imagination to direct, write or create a truly great Final Fantasy on his own. My biggest fear for the remake is that he might muddy the waters by trying to leave too much of his own mark. I say this with all respect for the positive contributions he's made to the series over the last couple of decades; I just don't feel he has what it would take to return the 'Final Fantasy' name to its former greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Nomura did some good work as an illustrator/designer back in the day, but I personally don't feel he has the talent or imagination to direct, write or create a truly great Final Fantasy on his own. My biggest fear for the remake is that he might muddy the waters by trying to leave too much of his own mark. I say this with all respect for the positive contributions he's made to the series over the last couple of decades; I just don't feel he has what it would take to return the 'Final Fantasy' name to its former greatness.
    I want to leave your opinion about his talent aside for a moment to tell you that Nomura-san and other people are involved in making the basic and core story but the one who really writes and fully fleshes out the story and how it happens is the Scenario Writer. And that main Scenario Writer has been Kazushige Nojima since 1997. Of course when it comes to Final Fantasy VII this should not discredit the incredible work of Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase and Hajime Tabata as they are obviously involved in it as well but it should be pointed out nonetheless. All those people were involved in creating main ideas but the real writer in the end, so not just a basic summary but what happens and how that happens are from Nojima-san (mainly, there very well were other Scenario Writers like Motomu Toriyama and Masato Kato).

In writing stories there is no absolute concept of who does what which is also why credits always look so different but basically you can imagine it with so many people like "many people have ideas (and obviously are the original creators of those idea then which means also essentially of main elements of that story) and the one really writing the story then does the real story based on that "blueprint". So yes, the others are fully and definitely involved in being original creators of ideas of the story and probably even wrote the summary for the Scenario Writer but the scenario writer has to do the full thing in the end. Therefore it would always be proper to mention everyone that is majorly involved in doing the story and in that case it is Tetsuya Nomura and Kazushige Nojima.

Of course when we have interviews for example it is way easier for other people involved in the story to talk about this because they can tell what happens in the story without actually writing it - which is also why it is so easy in Kingdom Hearts interviews to give answers to the story, for example. But that does not mean that the entirety of what we see was come up with by one person and especially not in the form we see in the game. Just like Square said they were surprised how Zack was implemented into the main game by Nojima-san. Obviously they did know about Zack but the entire Zack thing (except some core ideas probably and of course they are also necessary, after all it is the core) was brought in by Nojima-san. Let's say for example you are telling me "I want to write you a story for me with element xyz". Obviously you came up with basic ideas and you are totally to be credited for that. But that does not necessarily be the main creator of the story - it does make you one of them but even them the involvement is important. I write so much about that because I myself totally stand for "the core is important" but it also depends. How much of the core did you do? How much did you summarize? Et cetera? Those things are to be taken into account. Normally the Scenario Writer definitely forms how that truth is supposed to look like even if he got the overall idea of someone different - and even then he still has to come up with much truth himself as that comes from simply deciding how the story/scenario has to look and the fact that surely no other person will tell him the story in every single step and says "and that is the entire story which means you have no actually say in this but you are just better at using better words so you will paraphrase it for me". So basic summary, yes, probably. But there is still so much more to it. And here Nojima-san will also definitely be involved. But as said, it always depends. But you at least can have some kind of imagination with this. I for example have written my first own game and came up with both the basic concept and the entire fleshed out story with its scenario. But we cannot expect everyone to work like that. Very often it is not the case, especially when it comes to Directors who have so much more to do with the entire game. Still - this is just some kind of basic explanation. It cannot be used as ultimate explanation and is not meant to discredit others and their involvement (as I even mentioned the others) but this is very often how it works as the person not totally writing the story is not always the one/are not always the ones coming up with base concepts. Of course you always have to think about "okay, but how fleshed out is that base concept, even if that person does not write the scenario?" which is why I say it is just to at least somehow understand it but no ultimate explanation.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-23-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not make it. that's the best they can do.
    It's gonna breed a generation of people who have played FF7 the remake and have confusing discussions with people who've played the original.
    the game's already been made, why make it again. move on, let it live