Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC upset shocker: Ronda Rousey loses title to Holly Holm

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You know, as much as I don't like MMA because of its overly gratuitous violence, I couldn't help but be fascinated by Ronda Rousey. I always wondered, "how does she do it?", and "why does she do it?". Now, I never watched any of her fights, but I saw the replays, and I always wondered how she was able to beat her opponents so quickly. Some of her fights lasted less that 60 seconds, some lasted less than 30 seconds, and one didn't even last 15 seconds. I also had to wonder how fictional fighting game characters, such as Chun-Li from Street Fighter, would fare against her.

The reason why I don't like MMA is because it has a very gritty, gnarly image. It is a very violent sport, and the UFC and other MMA organizations emphasize the violence. I also thought that those fighters looked like thugs. 10 years ago, whenever I thought of martial artists, I thought of a person wearing a traditional white martial arts outfit, called a gi. Nowadays, thanks to the UFC, I think of this person wearing just shorts and a pair of fingerless gloves, along with a whole bunch of tattoos all over his or her body, almost resembling a gangster. And their faces don't look the prettiest, either; they looked quite scary, if you asked me. TV Tropes calls it the face of a thug.

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....it-Issue-cover

Also, regarding something I said about Ronda Rousey in the above previous thread: I dissed Ronda Rousey's Sports Illustrated swimsuit photoshoot upon my first look at it, but I took a second look at it, and I changed my opinion. The reason why I initially dissed her photoshoot was because initially, the thought of her in a swimsuit was a bit weird, if only because she is just so manly. I mean, look at her; she is very manly; anyone who does what she does has to be manly. I also couldn't imagine any guy in their right state of mind wanting to go out with a gal like her because of how manly she is. She is basically a very tough macho manly man in a woman's body, if you ask me. Thus, that's why I said that, like Wolverine of the X-Men, she was the best at what she does, but what she does is not very nice, although now, since she was defeated by Holly Holm, I guess it's her who's the best at what she does, though again, what she does is still not very nice.
    Is that your final answer?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She's a woman in a womans body. That's kinda sexist, bro.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It ain't ballad, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    She's a woman in a woman's body. That's kinda sexist, bro.
    Why would you say that's sexist? I referred to her as a "macho man in a woman's body" because that's exactly what she is. She is very macho and manly. Anyone who does what she is has to be macho manly.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    "UFC is wrestling without the predetermined endings." -Jim Cornette

Of course, never tell UFC fans that. They're liable to implode since a lot of them look down on wrestling.
    I should also let you know that Ronda Rousey happens to be a fan of WWE professional wrestling, and that she has participated in a number of Wrestle Mania events.

As for her trash-talking, yes, she does trash talk a lot. Of course, maybe this will teach her a lesson in humility. Though I personally think that they should cut trash-talking all together.

And furthermore, a rematch won't happen quite so fast; she has been suspended from fighting for at least 60 days. In the meantime, she has plenty of Hollywood films to work on, as she's also an actress.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You think macho = manly. Being strong does not mean they are manly. She is a woman who is strong

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I saw her guest appearance with The Rock at last year's WrestleMania. I think Dana White is afraid of her jumping ship to WWE at some point.

Why she get suspended? First I heard she got injured during the fight against Holm, and then another source claiming that was fake. As if White was trying to save face for the beat down.

You think macho = manly. Being strong does not mean they are manly. She is a woman who is strong
    Macho IS manly. That's what macho means. And I say she's manly because of how strong and tough she is. She fights like a man!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She fights like a girl. You should just stop, you're digging a whole silly milly.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Technically, by definition, macho is manly.

So maybe you just shouldn't use the word "macho" to describe Ronda Rousey. Maybe use "physically strong looking".

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ronda fights like a lvl99 Monk.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She fights like a girl. You should just stop, you're digging a whole silly milly.
    She is a girl. She fights like a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Technically, by definition, macho is manly.

So maybe you just shouldn't use the word "macho" to describe Ronda Rousey. Maybe use "physically strong looking".
    To me, everyone in the UFC is macho manly, both male and female fighters. It's a manly sport.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

No, it's a sport.