Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Bored and fancy a change!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycat View Post
    I change mine in the case that I find a new character I adore or like my current one, someone makes me an amazing avatar
    I'm glad you like it!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Just for the heck of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good question!

My original name on this website was Balthier Rocks, and, well, you can sorta guess where my avatar selection originated from.

I then went off the rails and reappeared in 2013 (which is when I count myself as joining, to be honest), and became Formalhaut. I can't really remember what I had originally. In the earlier years, I generally tried to represent myself with a facet of my personality. My current 'default' set is of rain and sunshine, which summarises me, pretty much.

Lately though (and mainly due to Fynn and Pumpkin's Persona suggestions) I've been experimenting with video game avatars. You may remember I had Yu Narukami from Persona 4 crossed with the Ace Attorney courtroom, which I made myself and I'm pretty pleased with it given my lack of creativity. I then had an amended Christmas set (which was cobbled together, really). I currently have Detective Dojima, from the same game, crossed with a reference to the CSI line of T.V shows. I might continue the trend of crossovers. Who knows.

One thing I always do though is have sets. My avatar and my signature are part of the same theme, and they're never mismatched. I also have thematic sets: Game of Thrones come to mind, where I have a Podrick set.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I change depending on the video game I'm playing or have just recently played. Like I have Until Dawn now!

I generally go with my favourite character from the game. I don't generally do FF ones though because that... that feels too obvious, I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    The same thing that inspires me to change my hair color; boredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Strong women I look up to or female characters I admire whose qualities I want to align myself with at the time.
    I agree with the highlighted statements. However at the moment for me consistency of avatar helps. Also i want my avatar to reflect my username. I chose Marlene to cover the Midgar (because Aerith wouldve been too obvious) and for my Profile Pic ive chosen Soulcage from FF9 to cover Mist, i could swap them and still stay true to my username actually. Ive changed my signature once, and I can see myself changing that one the most regularly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The avatar is arguably the more important of the two. It's the only thing that shows up in visitor messages, and is right there, underneath your name.

I think both are just as important. I really do think about how I present myself on this forum, and part of that extends to my ava/sig set. The signature's a place for comedy, self-advertisement, anything, really.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I don't change it up very often. I think over my entire time at EoFF I've had... 4? 5 sets? I like being consistent. They're just a reflection of what I like at the time!

Blog Entries

yes youre right about the avatar, when i was using mobile internet more I could only see the avatars at first anyway. as for my signature, i changed it to a reflect a truer side of myself, the memory of the 10 year old girl loving Rodland! As far as my avatar goes, I love how Marlene looks in that still from Advent Children. It is also a side of me, childlike, wistful.....

I'm assuming I picked my current one back in '05 because I'm ginger. I intend to change it at some point but laziness mixed with indecisiveness has kept me from doing so.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

When I'm bored of it. I couldn't decide for a while what to change it to last time and then Final Fantasy IX announced for PC led to my decision. I actually wanted to use another image of Zidane, but it kept coming out blurry on here no matter if I shrunk it some so I went with one of the ones in the system.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'll let you know if I'm ever inspired to change it. I once added a tail when someone force-changed my name to theundeadmonkey, and during some elections when I was theundeadvillain I added an eye mask. When C|_out foce-changed it to theundeadturkey it stayed the same.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I've been Charmander for like two years which kind of started as a one-off thing but then I became EoFF's Official Charmander.

But then I played Undertale so I'm Mettaton for a while. (I'll go back to Charmander eventually!)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really depends on which is stronger at a given moment: my desire to drive fast or my thirst for blood.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's an insane character that puts a crazy expression on my face from something I'm currently massively into.

Good enough for me.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

media drives mostly everything i do on the internet