Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba's Mass Effect Adventures

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, it was a difficult thing having to choose between Kaiden and Ashley in ME1. That we were forced into a decision there. It's a shame that they didn't repeat something similar here, would have make the stakes a little bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    No-one dies next time! Except Ashley again in ME1 but that's fine...

I'll try one of your ways when I go through it again. Is there a scenario when you can kill a load of your squad? Not that I want to, just curious!

I'm not sure I can get the Zaeed DLC. It isn't giving me an option to download it.

Also Freya, that song is possibly the greatest thing ever. I'll let slide the fact that they rhymed Commander Shepard with "Leopard"
    I believe there is a scenario where everyone dies but Joker, who reports back to the Illusive Man. You kind of have to work at it, from what I've heard.

Also, apparently you need at least two survivors besides Shepard to carry over the game. Just one other survivor, and they jump in the Normandy but won't pull Shepard in (it may be a two man job, but they won't even try). Someone was trying to create a two person ship for their Shepard-Garrus pairing, and were shocked when their lover just jumped into the ship, left them behind, and just let Joker fly off.

I always try to save everyone. Lost Kelly Chambers the first time, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are we all excited?!!

Pic 4.gif

Articles
    Blog Entries

YEAH THIS IS BACK!

...at least, that's the implication, right?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You better believe it, Awesomehaut!

I still haven't completed FFXV yet but I'll get there. The pull of this game is too great. I need to find out what happens to my crew (apart from Mordin, the poor dead bastard).

Thats right! Buckle up knuckleheads! It's time for...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh no, Mordin! I forgot he died in ME:2! Nooooooooo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know... for me the grief is still too near

I must crack on though as Andromeda is coming out in like two months!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I KNOW. *HYPE*

Well, it releases in a couple months, but it's still two and a half million light years away, and the Mass Relays weren't set to intergalactic travel last I checked, so there might still be time.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Well, it releases in a couple months, but it's still two and a half million light years away, and the Mass Relays weren't set to intergalactic travel last I checked, so there might still be time.
    I've been working on the Mass Relays myself (hence my updates are irregular) and Colin (our resident expert on intergalactic travel) has confirmed they are fully functional.

Anyway, I've just arrived on Mars. Opening update is imminent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pic 5.jpg

Well, let's get cracking!

The game begins with Anderson filling us on on what's been happening and things are looking decidedly grim. My actions in ME2 have resulted in me being grounded (thanks very much, you ungrateful f***ers) and the reapers are lying in wait like like a pack of wolves outside a crèche. Being an expert on reapers, it's up to handsome bastard Shepard to convince us all to unite under one banner! Quarians, Turians, Salarians, Krogans... all fighting as one living, breathing gestalt entity!

It was an epic speech. It was just a shame that it was at this point the Reapers showed up and ruined my Donald Trump joke at the end.

They were big meanies who were just being mean. They were dropping photon-plasmic-nuclear-tipped turd-bombs all over the planet. Most of the room we were stood in went Fubar and me and Anderson legged it from the facility. Now, I hadn't played Mass Effect for a while but... did they always run so weird?? Maybe it's just me but Anderson looks like he has severe diarrhoea and was clenching for dear life.

All of it sudden it was time to fondle my firearms! A few ever-annoying husks were doing some impressive parkour on an opposite wall. My pistol is crap! Took about 8 shots to take out just one of the freaks. I love my pistol so I better get a decent upgrade soon. A bit further through our escape and I found a couple of husks trying to have sex with a nearby wall. I'm not one to deny someone their kicks but they were in my way. Being out of ammo, I had to resort to the old melee so I went "HIYA!" and wow... one-hit wonder! Clearly Shepard has been working out in his downtime.

Pushing on, I spot a little boy in an air vent. My fatherly instincts took over and tried to persuade him to come with us. TRUST ME when I say that you can't take your eyes off the little f**kers for more than five seconds. Anderson briefly distracted me and when I tuned back the slippery turd was gone. He's probably safer in there anyway.

After a brief catch-up with a few goodies, we were ambushed by a group of Cannibals. Now I'm not one to judge a person by their eating habits, but I decided these guys should be put down... and when I say "put down" I don't mean belittle them with words... I mean shoot them in the face.

We then find a radio. Shepard calls for aid!! (and Rohan will answer) I seemed to have unlocked an assault rifle called the M8 Avenger. I always feel sorry for guns named Avenger... what are they avenging? How have they suffered? Lost for a second in my own stupid thoughts, we were suddenly attacked by some more cannibals so I yelled "EAT THIS!" Haha, I'm so funny! I wasn't laughing for long though because there were a tonne of them and I was running out of ammo fast. I was just about to resort to harsh language when the Normandy arrives to save the day! Yey!

Also, Shepard spots Tunnel Boy jumping onto one of the escape ships. Yey! We exchange a meaningful look, he boards and then they fly off to safet... NOOOOOO!!!!! What are you doing to me, game?!
    Maybe it's because I have a little boy myself but I wasn't ready for feels at this point Both escape ships are destroyed and I am now ready to tear the Reapers a new one...

We get to see Kaidan's handsome face aboard the Normandy. He was a little cold towards me I felt (probably because I was working for Cerberus) but I can tell he still wants a bit of Shepard ass. I was also introduced to some guy called James who looks like a new squad member. I don't like him. He is a constant reminder that I need to be eating and exercising better in real life. We set a course for Mars for reasons that I wasn't paying attention to.

Myself, James and Kaidan land, exit the shuttle and prepare to stir up some trout.

Tune in next time when Shepard's constant quoting of Arnold Schwarzenegger's classic Mars film Total Recall... really gets on everyone's tits.
    Last edited by Bubba; 01-24-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh james! That's Freddie Prince Jr if you didn't know.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh james! That's Freddie Prince Jr if you didn't know.
    I didn't know! Thanks for sharing

Pic 11.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

James is... okay? He's your token bland teammate, which is fine, seeing how he pops up in the last game, which is unfortunate for him. He grows on you, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    James is... okay? He's your token bland teammate, which is fine, seeing how he pops up in the last game, which is unfortunate for him. He grows on you, though.
    Yeah, I've only just met the guy so I'll give him a chance. Gonna do a quick workout, eat some salmon then get cracking with Mars!