Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Ellone: The Darling of FF8 **SPOILERS**

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ghost Kingdom
    Posts
    1,546
    Blog Entries
    128

    Default Ellone: The Darling of FF8 **SPOILERS**

    I have to admit, I don't care for any of the playable females in this game. Rinoa is okay I guess, Edea is all well and good but she's underused, Selphie is annoying and I'd like to hit Quistis repeatedly with something heavy.

    But....the beautiful Ellone. As a youth in Winhill with Laguna, as Big Sis in the foster home and as a pure and true White SeeD who shows them the way by taking their souls on a journey to the past.

    She is one of the keystones of this story. The quest is partly to protect her. She is the character who marries the timelines together.

    She is magical, she is wise and she is a sweet caring woman.

    What more do you need?

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    bless this mess Clo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    inside youuuuu
    Posts
    3,435
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    I agree with you that the other women are fairly insufferable or useless. Ellone's outfit is also hella on point.


  3. #3
    The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    I like Ellone but I think it's ludicrous to say she's better than the playable characters. They have personalities at least. Even if they're basic ones, Ellone doesn't even get that (aside from maybe her flashback scene as a kid with Laguna and Raine). She's a walking plot device.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

  4. #4
    Light Hero Saber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,203
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I was still shocked when I went to re-play the game and she wakes Squall up at the hospital bed. I was all like "She's a time traveling genius"
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

    Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

  5. #5
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    16,022
    Articles
    52
    Blog Entries
    12
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    I never cared for Ellone, mostly because she's more poorly explained plot twist than character. With that said, I wish she did get more screen time.

  6. #6
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,782
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I never cared for Ellone, mostly because she's more poorly explained plot twist than character. With that said, I wish she did get more screen time.
    This.

    Also, Quistis rules, how dare you

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't care what anybody else says, I love Rinoa and always will. >: Selphie too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I never cared for Ellone, mostly because she's more poorly explained plot twist than character. With that said, I wish she did get more screen time.
    This.

    Also, Quistis rules, how dare you
    Would you be furious with me if you found out that I hate her as well ? ;-;

    Sorry I just despise that Quistis has everything, a bright future ahead, intelligence, beauty, popularity, a career at a young age........... and she throws it all away for the seventeen year old grumpy face with a scar on his forehead, and acts like it's the end of the world. Quistis, you have everything, a FANCLUB EVEN. I think you will be okay without this man.



  8. #8
    Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the land of Scots
    Posts
    20,405
    Articles
    52
    Blog Entries
    1

    FFXIV Character

    Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

    Default

    But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager?

  9. #9
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,782
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager?
    Basically. The entire cast of FFVIII are hormonal teens. People who say they're acting too stupid are way too harsh.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager?
    Basically. The entire cast of FFVIII are hormonal teens. People who say they're acting too stupid are way too harsh.
    I will remember this when y'all hating on Rinoa.




  11. #11
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,782
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    But when you're seventeen having that unrequited love is devastating. Do you not remember being a teenager?
    Basically. The entire cast of FFVIII are hormonal teens. People who say they're acting too stupid are way too harsh.
    I will remember this when y'all hating on Rinoa.

    Joke's on you - I happen to like Rinoa


    But I've been noticing this trend in the character threads laely - why pit women against each other? Can't we all just get along?

  12. #12
    Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the land of Scots
    Posts
    20,405
    Articles
    52
    Blog Entries
    1

    FFXIV Character

    Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Yep, I like Rinoa too.

  13. #13
    sinuosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sydney, 'straya
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Sorry I just despise that Quistis has everything, a bright future ahead, intelligence, beauty, popularity, a career at a young age........... and she throws it all away for the seventeen year old grumpy face with a scar on his forehead, and acts like it's the end of the world. Quistis, you have everything, a FANCLUB EVEN. I think you will be okay without this man.
    To be fair, it's kind of the opposite - she's a grown up child prodigy who isn't fulfilling the promise she previously had. At the very start of the game she's demoted and told she hasn't displayed leadership qualities. It makes sense that she's messed up by this. #teamquisty

  14. #14
    Till we meet again! Christmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pious Moose's HQ
    Posts
    10,701
    Blog Entries
    6
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Can we talk about PuPu now?

  15. #15
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    I like any woman with a pulse, really.
    But then you wouldn't like any of them.
    Because they don't have pulses.
    Because they're not real.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •