View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2016?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Germany

4 33.33%
  • France

2 16.67%
  • Spain

1 8.33%
  • Italy

0 0%
  • England

1 8.33%
  • Wales

1 8.33%
  • Northern Ireland

0 0%
  • Republic of Ireland

0 0%
  • Belgium

1 8.33%
  • Albania

1 8.33%
  • Iceland

1 8.33%
  • One of the other teams

0 0%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 Thread

Netherlands represent!

... oh wait.

Blog Entries

CALON LAN

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'm going to jinx it by posting this with 5 minutes still to go but I tell you what, for all the hype about France and their sick midfield, their defence is pretty awful and probably on a par with England's. Never accepted the Arsenal fan hype about Koscielny, Evra is off the pace and given the number of mistimed tackles against Albania that penalty he conceded against Romania won't be a one off, Rami was the only Sevilla player who wouldn't have looked out of place in the woeful Liverpool team in the EL final and the less said about Sagna the better.

EDIT: jinxed it.

E2: really smurfing jinxed it, christ
    Holy trout, that is amazing.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If you think that's good, you should've seen how badly I jinxed the World Cup with my signature:

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....=1#post3445567

Not only did every team I put in get beaten but it happened in a really bad way - for example Uruguay's star player went mad and bit an opponent, Brazil getting thumped 7-1 etc. As I mentioned in the post, when I put Fellaini's afro in the sig it got shaved off. When I put my beloved Dirk in the sig he got elbowed in the back of the head as the Dutch got beaten.

The entire thread is full of people imploring me to curse another team or getting mad at me for cursing one of theirs. You'll note I have not gone with a signature this time around. The power is too great for one man to wield.

Blog Entries

I can't concentrate on my work this morning. The evil filthy corporate privateers exploiting my labour for profit have set up the big screen, are providing food and beers and given an extra hour for lunch. The MD is pacing the office floor. My Facebook news feed is blowing up. I love football.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Rueuxjrufyshqoxueiwixhdbtjeucuvywuqksjcnrhsuxgvis

Articles

It's coming home lads. The team, that is. Awful, awful, awful. No way Wales give up this lead, no way the likes of Kane and Sterling can unlock it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's a draw now, currently on 74 minutes. But damn if Wales aren't making England work for it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

YNWA

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

It's coming home lads. The team, that is. Awful, awful, awful. No way Wales give up this lead, no way the likes of Kane and Sterling can unlock it.
    Great jinxing again!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Was this an anti-jinx?

Articles

Sturridge is a smurfing monster. That looked a lot easier than it actually was. Fair smurfs to Hodgson for the changes - I did say Sterling and Kane wouldn't be able to do it! NOW LEARN YOUR LESSON HODGSON. Don't start them again please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    It's a draw now, currently on 74 minutes. But damn if Wales aren't making England work for it.
    Not at all. Not to be harsh but Wales have been pretty awful. As soon as Sturridge and Vardy came on they were terrified. They dropped deep and camped in their own penalty area. Could've easily smashed a poor England defence on the counter but didn't ask any questions of them. The BBC will patronise them and say they put in a good passionate shift or whatever but you get what you deserve.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know, England left it very late to score. I'm just concerned about England's ability to actually convert dominance into goals. Both Russia and Wales weren't terribly good, and even then England drew against Russia and clinched a last-minute winner against Wales. I'm concerned against sterner competition they may not be able to hold up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I don't know, England left it very late to score. I'm just concerned about England's ability to actually convert dominance into goals. Both Russia and Wales weren't terribly good, and even then England drew against Russia and clinched a last-minute winner against Wales. I'm concerned against sterner competition they may not be able to hold up.
    They won't be able to hold up. I'm fine with this. We're clearly not in the same league as some of the other competing teams. I'm just glad we shut those Welsh "full of pride" f**kers up. Shut it, you s.

Articles

Yeah, exactly. As soon as England come up against anyone halfway decent they'll get battered, same as it ever was. We're used to it and it's fine, but yesterday is a rare game worth celebrating.

As Bubba said, Welsh players were trash talking non stop before the game, Gareth Bale notably saying England had less passion and that no England player would get into the Welsh team. I'm fine with that, it's much more interesting than the usual generic boring footballer quotes. But then when you do that, you forfeit your underdogs tag and if all you do is stick ten men behind the ball then you don't deserve any of the "oh they're so brave" platitudes.

Especially when Albania (a worse team than Wales) offered much more of a threat against France (a better team than England) the day before.