Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Discussion Thread - Strengthen Those Social Links

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

People can do whatever they want, despite what they say they'll do. Mitsuru might have done the deed too. She was considering it, as I've heard through the grapevine.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow, short memory.
    No, I just genuinely don't know what you're going on about. I was playing the mafia in that game. I used Karifean's character descriptions to deduce everyone's identities which happened to include yours. Everyone could have arrived at that conclusion.

You could have thought that was scummy of me and lynched me for it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You and I argued and argued and argued and argued in the discussion thread. You ruined the game for me with your complaints and posts about how karifean was hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Well, right now I just want to say this to everyone (sans Akihiko): My condolences. Been there. It's been hell
    Seriously dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    People can do whatever they want, despite what they say they'll do. Mitsuru might have done the deed too. She was considering it, as I've heard through the grapevine.
    Again, this hinges on Koromaru's vote being valid which was not clarified in the original rules.

You and I argued and argued and argued and argued in the discussion thread. You ruined the game for me with your complaints and posts about how karifean was hosting.
    He effectively exposed my identity in the first night kill post. There were only two female characters in the entire game, and I was unaware that he would be referring to the specific genders of the characters who performed the killing.

You also misunderstood almost all of my posts when I was talking about the rules in the discussion thread. I attempted to clarify them to you multiple times, and I even reached out to you via VM to apologize for any misunderstanding and attempted to communicate to you even further. Instead, you ignored my message and continued to misunderstand what I was talking about. That's on you, not me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

And I did understand it. I even quoted you and you said I misunderstood it. Not sure how I messed up a direct quote.. or the several I shared where you said one thing in them and claimed another after I shared them.

Look 3 times now in 3 different games you have complained about the moderators. At this point, is it really all these moderators who are out to take your fun away or.....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Excellent job on the comedy upon being discovered Fynn. One of the highlights of this glorious game.
    You're too kind!

I'll be waiting for my Funniest Member Ciddie now

Seriously though, I know this is kind of off-topic atm, but I made a huge blunder. At first I was really beating myself up over it since I felt really dumb by falling for such a trap, but I have to admit, it was a really clever trap, and the fact that I did fall for it really transformed the whole game for the better! Things got so exciting that I really stopped caring that I'm doomed - so I just did what felt fun! And I'm so glad I did because, judging by your reactions, you guys were having just as much fun as I was

So thank you, all. This was the most fun mafia I've ever taken part in, even if I did lose

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was great to have you Fynn! Thanks for stepping in on Day One! Genuinely I thought I was imposing on you, but I'm glad you had fun.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Except I really care about this game. I have a ton of fun playing it. And to have this sort of thing happen to me for three consecutive games is beyond frustrating. I'm honestly tempted to just quit and not bother with it anymore.
    For whatever it's worth to you, I just want to say on a personal level I'm sorry this has hit you hard. I appreciate it's difficult and it also probably sucks having so many people disagree with you. I'll give you further advice and feel free to disregard it but take a step away from this thread, from EoFF for an hour and do something you enjoy to wind down and relax. We all care about mafia but take it from me it's not worth getting stressed or feeling like trout over either.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Again, this hinges on Koromaru's vote being valid which was not clarified in the original rules.
    Not really? Before Koromaru's vote, Mitsuru or Junpei could have ended the day then and there themselves. Regardless of how the game actually went down, or what the individuals in question said they'd do. There was enough for a majority lynch without Koromaru's vote. Before Koromaru voted himself Ken could have changed his mind and switched vote. Junpei could have lied and voted. Mitsuru could have got off her lazy butt and voted.

Would you be complaining if any of these things happened? Because if not... self-voting isn't any different in the grand scheme of things. You say you would have held off on your vote - well your vote wasn't exactly required for a majority lynch either. The day still could have ended without your vote being included.

Yes, it was not an established rule, but the host made a decision and that's that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If the host fails to mention, consider it allowed. That's how game and competive reality shows define their rules in contract unless the host intervenes. Self-voting has been allowed in previous games as long as the host has neglected to mention as such.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

IN OTHER NEWS. I had a theme idea the other night

So Bachelorette

But the bachelors are like Fabio, Derek Zoolander etc

I think the role playing would be hilarious and I want to watch it

And I did understand it. I even quoted you and you said I misunderstood it. Not sure how I messed up a direct quote.. or the several I shared where you said one thing in them and claimed another after I shared them.

Look 3 times now in 3 different games you have complained about the moderators. At this point, is it really all these moderators who are out to take your fun away or.....
    I'm not sure what specific posts or quotes you're referencing here. Could you clarify?

Not once have I ever intended to suggest that the moderators were "out to take my fun away." This isn't what I think has happened whatsoever.

In the first game, I was upset because I had absolutely no idea that Karifean would reveal the specific gender of the killer. Was I upset? Yeah. Probably too upset. It's not like he intended to ruin my game or expose me. He just had a huge oversight in how the reveal posts should go. He made a mistake, and I made a mistake in getting too emotional as a response. I apologized and thanked him for his hosting efforts after the game. I still think he did a good job.

Psychotic's game was a little different. As far as I remember, there was no clarification on how long the Night/Day phases would last. I was playing as the Doctor, but the Night Phase had ended before I had a chance to submit an action. I was also replaced for another member despite the fact that several other members were also inactive, and for multiple periods of time during the game. I felt that the lack of clarity was very frustrating and that me being replaced was a little unfair. Again, Psychotic wasn't out to get me or anything. He just didn't clarify things and had a different idea in mind for the game than what I thought it was going to be when I signed up for it.

This game, my primary argument isn't even about myself. I'm upset that my post was removed in comparison to other's, sure. But I'm honestly just looking out for the other four players in the game who may not have had a chance to respond to the self-vote. That's what's most important to me. I want everyone to have a fair chance to respond and participate.

And instead look at what's happened. Fynn is taking personal shots at me and referring to my honest criticism as a "bitchfest." You, Freya, have taken this as an opportunity to expose my identity outside of the game (which is against the game's rules).

I had absolutely no intention of hurting anyone or upsetting anyone at all. All I wanted was to help make the game better and fair for everyone. Instead, I've essentially been ganged up on for speaking out about a game decision I didn't agree with. I'm beyond sad right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember watching a Psych episode that revolved around Shawn and Gus pretending to be contestants on one of those shows. That was a funny episode.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah just wanna say from a forums staff perspective, let's be kinder to each other, yeah? We don't have to make it personal. Let's chill.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had absolutely no intention of hurting anyone or upsetting anyone at all. All I wanted was to help make the game better and fair for everyone. Instead, I've essentially been ganged up on for speaking out about a game decision I didn't agree with. I'm beyond sad right now.
    Like I said man, by all means we can have a discussion about self voting if you want to come up with a definite stance to take in future games. I agree with you that it might be better to state it outright in the future just since it is such a strange situation to come up, even if it's almost certainly extremely unlikely to happen often. But for this game it really is just best to accept it and move on for the sake of having fun with the rest of this game.

Trust me, as someone who has had many a discussion on the rules in all sorts of table top games over the years, it's always better to just accept the final ruling, move on, and address it later than to get bent out of shape about it in the moment and let it spoil the game for you. And that includes situations where you feel like you're being screwed by the ruling. I've literally lost games due to rulings that I didn't necessarily completely agree with but agreed to because the specific rule supporting my argument was eluding me or because I got outvoted. But I still had fun with those games because I just accepted it and didn't let it spoil the rest of it for me, and after the game I went and looked up the rules or asked some other folks if they've ever run into the scenario so we can get it right next time.

I'm sorry you're sad about all this but I promise you if you can do like Psy says and step away to let yourself calm down a bit, maybe do something relaxing, and come back ready to jump back into the game as is now and only worry about discussing how we handle things in future games you'll have a much better time. I learned a long time ago that it's just a game in the end and no matter how badly you want the win it's not worth sacrificing your own fun when things don't go the way you think they should in situations like this where there is no clear right or wrong call based on the rules as written.

So take a break and come back refreshed man. Let's keep the fun going right until the end. I want you to have as much fun as everyone has been having up until now.