Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 73747515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

Does anything add up? Meh. For now, I'm going to stick with my current vote. Might as well deal with the confirmed witch first.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just find it strange that someone can say "I'm Pained!" But if we don't know the identity or ability then nothing happens. Anyway, we're not even sure if Laddy's being serious or not. Regardless, that strikes me as suspicious. If he genuinely wanted to help the Town, he wouldn't be lying for the smurfs and giggles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Tbh I think Fynn might be Pained. Something doesn't add up.
    What doesn't add up? That it would be incredibly stupid of me to just decide to turn on the humans right now? You know, convincing everyone to off each other is a MUCH greater undertaking than just joining forces and hunting down the last witch or two

Still not convinced about Laddy, though. We'll see what my investigation tells me

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    wow y guys just gonna believe me lmao //joking
    Holy trout I was so obviously kidding.

But yeah, I'm willing to offer myself as a lynch afterwards assuming we let TSoL go first.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh no, I'm being truthful which is why I decided to bring it up now.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Tbh I think Fynn might be Pained. Something doesn't add up.
    What doesn't add up? That it would be incredibly stupid of me to just decide to turn on the humans right now? You know, convincing everyone to off each other is a MUCH greater undertaking than just joining forces and hunting down the last witch or two

Still not convinced about Laddy, though. We'll see what my investigation tells me
    It is but you could simply doing it for the challenge or the fact that there are complaints about it all being moot now since everything is known. We should have won by now if it wasn't for a Pained that's all I have to say. The fact the game is not over means a Pained is active.

It is either Fynn or Pumpkin. Fynn, you never said why you did your full reveal? You had already hinted at who you were even said you'd likely be the next nightkill because of that. We all knew you were the "cop" so why did you claim it? Why did you name yourself and your ability when up to that point you had all our trust and you were being discreet about it. That's what doesn't add up. You had no reason to reveal your character's name or ability that explicitly.

The fact the game is not over means a Pained is active..
    Or, the game might not be over because you're a witch and you're still alive.

Burn the witch.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wanted to clarify what exactly my ability allows me to do. I admit, part of it may have been me being too cocky since you might actually be hiding another witch behind your back (we'll see about tomorrow, I expect), but I did it for the sake of transparency, which is pretty much a usual occurrence this late into mafia, especially considering Pumpkin did it beforehand.

Honestly, though, you praised me for being such a rational person and now you're saying I'd do something just "for the extra challenge"? When you're town, you're town. Your goal is to lynch witches. If you're Pained, that means you are FORCED to turn once someone discovers your role/announces it to other people (this is something that still isn't exactly clear). The mechanic itself is an interesting twist on roleclaiming because, say, if you're a Pained Cop and someone from Mafia claims cop, you can either stay silent or shift your goal to something much more risky. There is literally no strategic gain from activating your own Pained status.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I am not hiding another witch, trust me I would offer them as the sacrificial lamb if there was another witch. I can't win with them around.

I never said you had a rational reason for doing it or pretend you are a rational actor. For the sake of interest and even the challenge you could have done it. Also, I was pointing out an instance where you were being reasonable.

Also, I'm pretty sure if a Mafia called out someone as a Pained cop and they were such they'd be triggered so I dunno what you are going on about there.

You're not convincing me with your "I'm a good witch" shtick, TSOL, sorry.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am not hiding another witch, trust me I would offer them as the sacrificial lamb if there was another witch. I can't win with them around.

I never said you had a rational reason for doing it or pretend you are a rational actor. For the sake of interest and even the challenge you could have done it. Also, I was pointing out an instance where you were being reasonable.

Also, I'm pretty sure if a Mafia called out someone as a Pained cop and they were such they'd be triggered so I dunno what you are going on about there.
    No, I mean an instance when a mafia - who isn't cop - claims to be cop. In that instance, when you are a Pained cop, you cannot prove them wrong without outing yourself and changing your goal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

TSoL, did you who the witches are from the very start? As a 'Human-aligned Witch', were you included in Witch conversations?

I'm just trying to understand what the mechanics behind your claim means.

His claim is almost certainly bogus. He's a witch, and we should lynch him. Even if he's telling the truth - and that's a pretty big leap -, we should lynch him anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

A witch of truth is apparently a witch that has a hidden goal that is hidden from the other witches, but on the surface, they're pretty much a normal witch